Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 03-07-2016, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
I finally have a quilt to show you ladies. I have enjoyed the other "show and tell" projects this week as well. "Ours" quilt #1...
Carrie, I'm seeing this on the big screen tonight and whoa those butterflies shimmer....reminds me of inlaid abalone shells.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:40 AM

Hi ladies: just wondering if anyone has heard from Bev--terrible flooding, tornadoes, etc., in Texas. Hope she's far away from all that.

Nothing exciting happening here in JanRNland--working on a mini pineapple block quilt, have 8 of the 16 blocks done. I think this is one of my favorite blocks to do (if I pay attention to fabric placement and numerical order). I'm obsessing over it so hope to have it all pieced by the week-end. I could get so much more done if MrJan didn't have to be fed occasionally LOL.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:13 PM

Jan I'm fine. Brady is getting some rain but no flooding nor tornadoes. The lake is up to 35% from 26% last year! My DGSons are going stir crazy as they want to go out & play.
I hope that I can sew some tonight.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:32 AM

So glad to hear your area is ok Bev...Every time I hear about bad weather in Texas I think about you.. and that goes for the areas of everyone else in this group too...

I've been in a very melancholy mood these last few weeks..don't know why.... Family up home are behaving so it looks like we'll be here in NC for the rest of March... I bought a 6 cube book shelf put it together yourself last nite and will be working on it today & tomorrow....I need a little more organization in my sewing room... I don't plan on bringing home 1/2 the sewing stuff I brought down here so I need a place for it...My inlaws will be here next week for 5 days so my sewing room needs to be picked up ...

My printer has been acting up..alot of the printed matter is missing and the ink is smearing on the paper...I've had to clean the nozzles 3 times since I'm here..I've never had to do that before...??????

You know Jan, I find that when I'm at the machine for the day I forget to eat or drink..I hate to move from the area 'cause I'm feeling a sense of getting it done. All I have to do with the last block I started is just get the sections together. Would love to see your mini pineapples when they're done Jan..

Time for my second cup of coffee guys, Have a good one today.. H.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

Spring is in the air here...Temps in the 60's...saw red winged blackbirds yesterday when MrOK and I were road tripping...a few robins as well..

Tidied up in the sewing space...makes playing there more enjoyable..

Glad all is well with you all...have someone from Wisconsin picking up a heifer today..lots to do...
Old 03-12-2016, 09:54 AM

DH and I are in Phoenix for a couple more weeks. We are at my sons, but heading to Tucson on Tuesday. Several things there to see that we missed before, then up to northern AZ to see Ice Caves and Chaco Canyon that we missed before as well. It has been really nice weather here. I have been working on my FW 30's blocks, and putting together the blocks from the last Bonnie Hunter Mystery.

I'm also like Anne, get nervous when I hear of bad weather where you all live! Glad you are okay Bev!
Old 03-12-2016, 06:45 PM

Yes we had a nice gentle rain for 3 days. The sun came out today! The DGSon's played in the mud till we finally got out the li'le plastic pool & filled it w/water. If they are playing in the mud they couldn't get any wetter in the pool. LOL It was such a lovely day. We had a couple come today that are friend's of DSon. They were such a nice couple!
Old 03-13-2016, 10:30 AM

Nina, How can we wish you & your DH a Happy 50th Anniversary when we don't even know his name & what day are you celebrating so we can all bombard you with good wishes? Anne

I have 2 years to go to do what you are going to do this month..
Old 03-13-2016, 05:11 PM

Honchey, you have my name and address or I can sent it to anyone who wants it or you can. March 24th...is the date. I hope to have a picture to post here when the press release happens via the photographer. We are 'low key' celebrations, hosting it at our home.... as an open house from 9 to 7 with a buffet lunch from 12 to 2; and a supper buffer from 5:30 to 7 pm. Kids will 'hopefully, give us a gift, in coming guests have been told to bring cards for a card shower. Guest book with sign ins, pictures etc., is from Amazon, as were the balloons, and ceiling hanging down '50' streamers. It will be a 'low-key' informal welcome to our home situation. I hope we do have 'guests' who come.

A week from today, our gf will arrive to help clean and de-clutter; DD Cindy will come early to help also. DS will arrange chairs, while DD will do Sign- in Guest book duty.

Yes , I am trying to finish a quilt that started with a fabric bf brought up to 'gift ' me. The two pieces of fabric, each will make a quilt with the matching fabric. I have run out of fabric on three of the four fabric pieces...found one, matched with a different fabric, and turned the quilt into a scrappy one and stayed home to work on it. I am trying to finish the last eight blocks to piece it together asap... And get it to the LA to finish it for bf to receive it while she is here. Still need time to clean more and more before then. I feel liked I am on a tread mill and cannot run fast enough.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:32 AM

Whoa, slow down QNS! Take time to enjoy this special occasion in your life; please don't over do it and make yourself sick. Cleaning--leave that to someone else; friends are coming to celebrate not to check for dust on the end tables. I'm so excited for you & MrQNS and pray MrJan & I reach that milestone.