Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-19-2016, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

Happy Happy Birthday!!!

I don't have any problem with the paper piecing, only with when they end up needing to be switched in the correct position. Actually I mostly have the correct position of the colors turn out ok, but sometimes they end up on the other side. I need to look up more about that, because I am still making sense of that. My printer does print out a mirror image so I think I am ok if I need to make some of those.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

Thank you, Susan... birthday was the 9th but I'm still celebrating! It's my 60th so kind of a milestone.

My biggest mistake with the paper piecing is getting the seam allowances on the wrong end of the piece. In other words, having the bulk of the fabric on wrong side of the seam. I don't know how many I have picked out because of that!
Old 04-19-2016, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

When I did the Mother block, I seen that when finished connecting all the pieces turning them to right side of fabric that I just put what was to be on one side of the middle strip to the other and vise versa and they worked out just fine. So I guess it works fine.

I think it's great you celebrate your birthday as long as you can.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:09 AM

Sewbizgirl, I must warn you; the birthdays keep going by faster as you advance in age. Or it is seeming like that to me at 74...this year....celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary in March....reminded us that time does march along quickly, so celebrate every day because it is a gift! I do hope you enjoy next week, I am looking forward to your posts about the trip.

I have decided, I would rather die owning that pattern or fabric, than to die without it. Kids can deal with it after I am gone... they will not inherit money, just quilts and the 'bucket list' of what I do not finish. I will enjoy what I enjoy as long as I am breathing! We are not perfect and neither is our quilts, but I enjoy doing it and seeing others work of their best efforts.

Honechey, if you do not lead us, I ain't going on the journey into another project quilt on QB. Love working with you. So, you were late in starting the thread...its not the end of the world. In due time, this shall happen.. . . . I think.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

I will miss you girls that I have just begun to know a bit. I do understand though that you girls have come a long journey together. I will still miss you all though.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:11 PM

One of the bucket list that I will be working on:[ATTACH=CONFIG]548206[/ATTACH]Also from www,quilter.com I have a window that matches the door to do. The first time I saw the door, it had a arched top on it, so I am going to try and do that. I do not know if you can read the bramed poetry our kids wrote or not but on facebook, you could click on it and use the control plus keys and enlarge it: [ATTACH=CONFIG]548208[/ATTACH]] Take care, have a good week.
Attached Thumbnails 1-dscn0443.jpg   1-dscn0449.jpg  
Old 04-19-2016, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

What wonderful poetry your kids wrote for you, Nina Sue. What beautiful sentiment. 50 years does go by in a flash.... Hold those good memories.

I am loving these paper pieced blocks. I wish I could have found you all a few years earlier!
Old 04-20-2016, 02:20 PM

I'm not going anywhere YET!!!
Old 04-20-2016, 04:39 PM

Wow a lot of going on while we went to Brady this time.
It was such a short trip & I did more yard work. I forgot to get on the computer! We were gonna take the washer & dryer but it was raining both in Midland & in Brady. While we were there we bought the lot behind our house. She was ready to sell & we sere ready to buy!
Old 04-21-2016, 02:13 AM
Power Poster

Nina Sue that is so pretty.

Sewbizgirl I have thought that too about wishing I had found them earlier, and learned the paper piecing then, but I love the saying "for such a time as this." I guess that means it's only now my time. I have reasons why I believe that for me at this time. Life does go by so fast. I enjoy each day, and all the little details that I didn't appreciate long ago.

Gee, I can be so philosophical when I least expect it.