Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-29-2016, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

Also, when you click on "settings", it will show all of your subscribed threads that have new posts. I always go to settings first when I come to the board.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:08 AM

I don't subscribe to anything, I didn't know you could until I read here that you girls get email updates. I just login to the Board, from the Forum open the 'Blocks of the Month and Week' topic, and the most recently active threads will be at the top of the list (under any 'sticky' threads that say at the top automatically). The threads that I have never read will be turquoise. The threads I've read will be purple. The purple threads I've read where there is a post that I haven't read yet will still be purple, but the font will be a darker boldface purple.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:17 PM

Very true, Givio, and that is what I do too. Or you can subscribe to the 'thread' you wish to follow and the email will come to notify you of new postings. I found that I logged on very often, catching the 'new' thread before I got the email.... the email notification quit coming and I did not subscribe again.

Having problems with Bid Defenders, an advertiser on QB. I paid to renew on April 25th and still do not have it installed on my computer because: I could not remember the password....they were quick to reply password reset has been sent to you....then the program would not load because a bit had to be turned off, and now they are questioning the email I got from them showing that I paid for the program that came from them. I am sure that our children that are techs could have solved things in one day. So I am unhappy with them....again this year. And they do give any credit back for the non use after payment...so I am stuck wilthout much hope. Wonder how they got their high rating... just wondering.

I am trying to figure out how to speed up my sewing to complete items on my quilt to do bucket list. It would help IF I really got into the quilt room and worked all day without dh interruptions of seeing this or that or helping him a minute (always takes longer than a minute). Guess that is just life. What will be, will be. And that bucket list keeps growing...when a 'friend' takes me to Quilt Stores and teaches those wonderful classes at a local Quilt Shop. It is always so much fun, I cannot resist doing it. JanRKN mentioned there was 29 blocks left in FW 1930, so maybe that will give me more time there.

I went shopping for a few groceries on Wednesday and dh did not feel good, a touch of stomach flu going away that day. Got up Thursday and caught him opening up the cans I had left on the counter to put away later, and he was throwing them away in the chicken feed bucket... and ask him WHAT was he doing. Oh, he replied, they were in the 'area that means 'chicken feed' and it was my fault for not having put them up. Sigh. He did not ask, he did not check the 'dates' on the cans....just took it on himself to teach me a lesson. Since I had bought those cans for him, guess its his loss. I am not replacing them very soon at all. I was so tired when we got home, I had followed his example of doing nothing beyond refrigeration of food that needed it. One of those moments, when I have to think, and I have lived, married to this guy for 50 years??? Yep, my fault.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

Oh, sorry NinaSue! Husband trouble. The way they think just blows your mind. Yeah, I'd not replace those cans either. He probably knows where the grocery store is if he gets hungry... Those lucky chickens!

I won't even get started on the many ways my husband exasperates me. One thing I know for sure tho... if anything happens to him I will never get married again. They are all exasperating.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:57 PM

Agreed. Sewbizgirl. Agreed. And Amen. May I live longer than him, just to spend up the $$$; may just be two cents! HA If he says he wants to take it with him, I 'll write the check to him and put ilt in his coffin.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:06 PM

lololol Who pays attention to the expiration dates! Do people really do that? :-) I have to find my reading glasses for them.

My 'husband story' this week is that we have a problem in our sewer pipe and I suggested we hire a professional to solve the problem. He said, "Why hire someone when you've got me?" So, we bought some kind of drain-septic-tank product from the grocery store that didn't work. Then he used a long wire, which didn't work. Then we rented a Roto Router. The head was too small, or the cable was too short, or, anyway, it didn't work. Went to rent another longer one, which broke in the pipe, and then the guy didn't want to rent us any more machinery. So, then we bought a strong acid chemical from the hardware store. Waiting through the night tonight to see if the drain is cleared tomorrow. To be continued... I wish I could have paid a professional and been done with the problem on Monday.

PS. I told him not to plant the willow tree there. Everyone says willow tree roots make a mess in sewer pipes...

Last edited by givio; 04-29-2016 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like you need the Roto Rooter man!

Why is it that husbands get more ridiculous with age, and so much more difficult to live with?
Old 04-30-2016, 04:34 AM

Laughing at the husband stories. MrJan is a perfectionist; if we hire someone to do something, he's right there telling them how to do it or redoes it after they finish. We had great contractors do our bathroom last summer and we've hired the same guys to do the wood floors. When the contractor came with the specs & contract he had it written in that he would remove the squeaks in the floor (our request, old house) to the "expectations of normal customer requirements". In other words: MrJan, we'll do the best we can but it won't be perfect LOL. At least he agreed to come back and work with us; we've had other contractors that will not work with my husband. I've learned after all these years to just roll my eyes and keep doing what I'm doing--my way.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

Oh my I go AWOL and new friends with their stories appear....how delightful. Last night I told MrOK I was taking the morning milking off..it's a Saturday and #1GS can take my place....I have so much office and housework to catch up on. Bought groceries yesterday...perishables put away and that's it.....had my annual M.D. physical yesterday......BP 122/62 and lost 10#...must be something to be said for FarmerSon to be laid up...I might sneak in some sewing time, too....only because I'm going crazy not sewing.....
Old 04-30-2016, 07:30 AM

Jan, when we had our floors redone we were told to sprinkle talcum powder in the areas that squeak..don't notice the squeeks anymore..Just the grunts of me walking ..

I'm enjoying these pages with all the stories.. I've been sorting thru the piles of scrap fabric for pieces smaller than 1/8 yard..and ...wrapping yardage so I can see what I have..(have too much ). little by little I'm getting some organizing done...

Anyone see the Gypsy's Wife quilt...I am so intrigued by it..I do have some of the Gardenvale fabric but not enough. have to put that away for some day..

Dublb, hope all that rain doesn't affect you..The devastation of this last round of rain is horrible..Poor people suffering so.breaks my heart....

Good to hear from everyone!! H.