Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-06-2016, 07:24 PM

sewbizgirl, That's the main reason I don't like to go to the doctor-- I don't want to hear bad news. Yes, we will pray about that. I'll tell my sister to pray with me about it for you.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:37 PM
Power Poster

Thanks so much, ladies. I'm feeling better about it all. I haven't had any blood transfusions... nothing, really. I'm never sick! Don't feel sick at all now... which is why I can't believe I could have hepatitis. Will find out more on Tues. I guess. Thanks for the kind support!
Old 05-07-2016, 04:57 AM

Sewbizgirl---I too will pray for you. The waiting for appointments and results is the worst...may God give you peace during this time.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:53 AM
Power Poster

Hello Girls, I have been just kind of jumping around on the board, and have a post if you ever go to the Diary Section, about my great niece who is very ill.

Sewbizgirl, I just seen this about your appointment coming up, and what you have heard so far. I have just finished sending up prayers for you. Do let us know what you find out. Sometimes even very healthy people can have their body chemistry get out of wack so it will be good for you to find out.

I have slowly been working on those tiny little pieces in the second block for this weeks. I would have already had it done, but have been balancing several different things. My lettuce in the container on the front porch is growing fast, and we have already ate a tiny bit of it, but more when it's a bit bigger. As I said before that all my house plants are re-potted. On the phone a lot about my great niece, and her condition. Her school is having a fund raising for the family. Our little community is so good about things like that.

Hope all of you have a 'HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY'

I am going to try and get in a bit more sewing today, and get rid of a bit more junk around the house. I have a lot I want to clear out to make things simpler when trying to clean. If I had what I wanted right now, I would have a tiny little cottage style home, with a tiny little yard with lots of flowers and just a couple of pretty trees so it would all be easier to take care of, and enjoy. What I do have, and I am so grateful for it is a half acre of land from my parents who gave us each about that much, and a manufactured home which I bought new in 1999. Plenty big for us, but so many things that now need to be done. Slowly but surely they will get done, and I will be happy. I am happy anyway so it's all ok. Ok, my sweet hubby is a pack rat, and I am not. Although he is trying to do better. It's all coming back on me though, because I do qualify as a pack rat when it comes to my fabric and all sewing things. lol...
Old 05-07-2016, 06:32 AM

Hugs and prayers coming your way Sewbiz.. Like Carriem says the wait is the worst.

Happy Mother's Day Everyone! Enjoy the day!
Old 05-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

Susan, I'm praying God heals Jessica! Please keep us updated of any changes.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you from me! I had a wonderful Mother's Day gift already. Last night while I was sewing, my daughter and son in law pulled up! They came from Memphis for a surprise Mother's Day visit. I'm so honored because these kids work such long hours, they almost never can come for a weekend. Even when I go there to visit they are busy, busy, busy.... But they came for Mother's Day! How sweet.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:48 PM

Happy Mother's Day to all! And if we have anyone not a mother, a Happy Day to you too. Anyway, we all have mothers, or had them if they are gone, and it's a good day to remember what is special about our own mothers. If I can be as patient as mine was, it would be wonderful. I miss her.

I've got the border sewn on the kit I bought from Craftsy, so now the top is done. It was called 'Hedge Maze,' and the kit provided more fabric than the pattern called for. I decided to make the quilt bigger using the scraps, and I also added a bit of fabric from my stash. The kit made a 63" quilt, and I made mine about 84". I made the whole thing in about 3 weeks. The pieces were quite large-- well! especially compared to our little FWS pieces!
Attached Thumbnails kentucky-prize-hedge-maze-2.jpg  
Old 05-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Power Poster

That's beautiful, Givio! Mine still is waiting for that plaid border to go on. I hadn't thought about using the scraps to enlarge the quilt. You have given me ideas! Yours looks great with the piano key border.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:48 PM

Oh very pretty Givio! Great scrappy quilt!!!
Old 05-08-2016, 04:35 AM

Happy Mother's Day to all and to all daughters as well! May it be a special day for all.

Givio, what a wonderful finish on your quilt; love those colors, I just want to stop and cuddle up it and pet the fabric!