Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-06-2013, 07:11 AM

I don't think I will start another project in the near future. I have far too many already and as things are now I even have problems keeping up with my twin blocks. I did start the 50 fabulous Stars but I can't keep up with them also. I've done Alabama and Alaska is halfway done, laying around for over a week now. So I will stand next to Jan cheering you all on.

I need to make more snuggles. Isa peed on hers this morning and there are only 2 clean ones left. Besides I need to make them a bit longer, specially for Isa. I made one today and the second one is cut. I have to have them ready by tomorrow night so my DDIL can wash and dry them before they go and visit the twins on Saturday.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

Ready to go to PO today. No I will not start another project--sorry, but have my FWS and PC to finish first! No I will not start another project; repeat. Oh, and look, my comma key is working. Yeah. small joys. Off I go.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:42 AM

Ggal, I like the Pam Bono blocks and downloaded most of them. I made the first one and her technique (I think she calls it rectrangles or something like that) looks confusing at first but the block goes together really well. I started sewing her Pa Dutch Tablerunner today--love how it's fitting together. Confusing at first because of the construction of "units" then sections but I'm enjoying the challenge. I hope I didn't discourage anyone about her patterns because it took me so long to cut mine. The instructions call for cutting across WOF; well none of my fabric is 44" wide because I use the sides first when cutting. If I'd have had WOF it would have taken half as long. (some of my fabric was only 10-12" wide so I had to figure out the cutting instr differently).

Anne, looks like you're in for a true Nor'easter. Stock up on milk, bread, and toilet paper (that's how our weatherman discribes a storm, whether or not you need to run to the market LOL). We've had enough snow; everyday for 3 wks we've had 1-3" per day. Just nuisance snow but a real PITA to keep shoveling, salting, and swearing. Put some soup in the crockpot and sew!

Anael, I checked out the 50 Stars--yours are gorgeous. If you ever have the time I hope you get back to them. They'll make a beautiful quilt or table runner if you don't make more blocks. Your family is your priority now!

Just had a few (very few) peeks of sun. Back to the Batcave and my table runner!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM

Last update for today: Isa is doing ok, Bram isn't so well today. He is struggling with his breathing, back on vibration ventilation and the nurses called the neonatologist this evening to see Bram. So we hope tonight he will settle down without having any further problems.
I just had a conversation with my DS, we all are very tired mentally from all the stress, first during pregnancy and now because of Bram and Isa. But we know this situation will last at least for another 6 weeks. We will talk each other through it, I know.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

Do you find yourself day-dreaming about our BBs? and what they will be like? and what you might do with them? Believe me, it's on my mind and I'm anxious to see them and then get at 'em!!

Soooooooon! .... but sooner for our USA Pardners!
Anael, MiraB and myself in the outposts will wait it out!!!

DDamsel ... you really do need a shoping trip to re-stock your stash! And you really MUST stay with us on whatever is next! The baby quilt ... I used Legacy Cotton batting. Ended up I went with a double layer as I thought it was going to be too flimsy with one. Hope I don't regret it! Thanks for the advice! ENJOY your DS/DDIL! They'll be gone all too soon.

JanRN ... likewise for you Missy ...you MUST stay and play!!

Likewise for Everyone Else!!! We need to stay complete in our group!
Anael ... looks like you have a full time seamstress job for these babies, and I know you are loving that! Please stay with us, and just be like I was for a good part of the year!

JeanieG ... Thanks for the link. I'll download them tonight or tomorrow, in case that is the verdict.

GGal ... another good possibility. Is that the one that was shown before? that I wanted to see a "real" quilt instead of the EQ workup? Nice to see the variations at the end.

Honchey ... are you back in NJ or still in NC? Batten the hatches!

OKSGlad ... you will not start another project .......... for a few days! Consider this as just the same project.... expanded!

Anael ... I just read your final post. Oh for the roller coaster ride. Prayers for an easy night. Tears came to my eyes and then more, when I saw that you are all committed to talking each other thru it! Keep that communication open ... and lots of {{{HUGS}}} IRL from each other, and here's a bunch of virtual ones from me right now! {{{HUGS}}} {{{HUGS}}} {{{HUGS}}} And be sure to stick with us here, so that we can keep talking you thru it too!'

As for a new thread ....... we could always go rogue and just keep this one going forever and ever and keep moving from one project to the other!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Power Poster

Just thought I'd let you know that before the BB's flew off this morning, I scanned them in computer and put them all in a PDF and will share once everyone gets theirs. After a run to town for several errands, a good nap to help with this cold that won't go away, I'm ready to go and finish some projects tonight. Plan on FMQ's a couple of donation items. Tomorrow I start to clean as the house has collected a little dirt since Christmas--remember that view of the mud room. Enough said.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:03 PM

I am going to print out one of each of the Compass Block templates so I can get an idea of how much fabric I will need....at least of the background. Then I can decide what fabric I want to use...something from my stash or if I get to go shopping.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 PM

The BBlocks are on their way to Iowa....
Carriem, there's one of each of the little surprise for each of you that you'll have to add to the packages. I had to use my food saver to squash them...
My newest laptop finally crashed...I'm using an older standby which will be the one I'll be using until I research whether or not the new one can be repaired or trashed...
Now I have to find the cd for the printer software...I'm wondering if I can download it so I can use the printer with this computer....

I had a good time today wandering the aisles of the store....Viking has a new circular foot that cn sew circles up to 9 inches? using the decorative stitches on the machines..only problem is that our store didn't have it yet...what a bummer cause i couldn't see it in action.... well, I've had a busy day so it's time for me to get ready for bed...got to shop for this storm that's coming my way

QuiltE, I am home in NJ..
Old 02-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Power Poster

Squashed Surprises ... how intruguing!

I'm getting soooooooo revved over our BBs!

Honchey ... A circle sewer? do tell us more!

With the storm coming in, you'll be starting to think of heading back. Bummer on your computer! Hope that you get it feeling better soon so you can be back in touch easier!

OKSGlad ... housework is overrated ... you need some good quality sewing me-time! Just what the Dr. ordered!

Last edited by QuiltE; 02-06-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:56 PM

OK I have spent the day at the LQS quilting my Jamestown Landing quilt, will post pics as soon as I have the binding on, but don't hold your breath, it could take a while

Now I do my best thinking when I am driving on the highway and there are no idiots around me, so todays brilliant idea drumroll please................

We all seem to be a bit overwhelmed at the moment, what with life and quilts and ufo's and such, and it has been a long 2 1/2 years of small blocks. How about we put a new sew along on hold for a few months (until we can decide on what fantastic quilt we will make next) and in the meantime we all write a list of our ufo's and at the start of each week we post what we want to accomplish that week. At the end of the week we post pics of our progress. That way we are finishing off a few things, getting lots of encouragement and support and we have to fess up if we start something new

What does everyone think....I don't mind criticism, I just put my big girls pants on