Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-07-2013, 07:12 AM

Minnesota from the 50 fabulous stars? Ir did you make another Missesota?

Yes, it's easing the stress making snuggles for the twins. I know we have to deal with setbacks, major and minor. My DS was really depressed last night because of Bram having problems so often. He sounded much more happy this morning knowing Bram had a quiet night. I will visit them tonight and taking the snuggles I made with me.
Mick was not well at all, did throw up all day yesterday and the day before.

I do like our little world too, it's the only thread I visit these days! Thank you my friends !
Old 02-07-2013, 07:31 AM

Anael--I think she is talking about Minnesota from the PC quilt.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

Anael--from what I've learned about preemies is that boys have a harder time than girls; but once they "get" something it stays! So stay positive.

I like mirabelle's plan. In fact last night went and quilted three small quilts which are now ready for binding. Pulled out four more and assessed what I need to finish--i.e. cut backing or batting; choose a binding. I'm ready to get some UFO's/WIP's fun and done!

And like DD my FWS and PC are awaiting a finish date.

So do you want me to share the blocks when carrie sends them out or after we all receive them? Makes no difference here.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 AM

Carriem, I just read the email & photos you sent...Very cute fabric...

Just looked at the weather channel and WOW...I think we won't get the full brunt of the storm..We're right in the middle of the state closer to the coast....I better go get my milk...I only have a quart and even tho we will miss most of it...I know the shelves will be empty...Have any of you made Jambalaya??? I think I will make some tomorrow....DH has to pick up DS at Newark Airport tomorrow evening...I hope the roads won't be messed up then...DS has been in AZ for a week...Nice! Oh well, fold the laundry then to the store...later. H.

Last edited by Honchey; 02-07-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 AM

35 more blocks to sew the slashing around and the PC is ready to set together with the incoming 12 blocks after Valentine's Day; I think everyone beat the deadline in sending the blocks to Carrie...that speaks so well of this group who has exceed in all areas on this trail...of expectations and then some. Give yourself a 'happy' pat on the back, and celebrate!!

It has indeed been a pleasure getting to know all of you: and let me remind all of you, our welcome mat is outside the door for all of you on the PC trail, near and far.

Had time to read a bit this week, and in one mystery was a recipe for Oat meal bread. Gotta to try it. Off to the kitchen.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:51 AM

I like the idea o' stayin' here for the UFO's. I've joined 2 other UFO groups (the one here & one on another board) but I like showin' ya'll what I'm finishin' up anyway.
I think the reason we were talkin' about not startin' another thread is we are afraid that we will split up. I know I don't want ta split up, but when we start another thread for the project, we can make a concentrated effort not ta split up. Even if we don't all do the project we do want ta stay tagether. Am I makin' any sense?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 AM

Sue, Ya are just truckin' right along there, aren't ya? Way ta go!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:29 AM

I think you are dead on Bev...Let's just continue with the PC Bonus Blocks in this thread and when the time comes to do something new we will cross that bridge when we get to it...no sense in jumping the gun so for now we will continue as we have been doing until the door closes and another opens...
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM

Here's a recipe from me since I don't share many My DD's made these last night...it is a big batch, but keeps in the fridge for 6 weeks. They are so yummy...my DD takes them on the bus and the kids ask for more. Kind of funny since most kids would turn up their noses at "bran".

Bran Muffins

2 c water (boiling)
2 c bran buds
2 1/2c sugar
1c butter
4 eggs
1 quart buttermilk
5c flour (sifted)
5t baking soda
1t salt
2t baking powder
4c all bran

Mix boiling water and 2c bran buds in bowl and set aside to cool.

In large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each. Beat in buttermilk, then add flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add 4c all bran, then add bran buds. Store in jars with lids and refrigerate up to six weeks.

Spray muffin pan and fill 2/3 full, bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Had time to read a bit this week, and in one mystery was a recipe for Oat meal bread. Gotta to try it. Off to the kitchen.
I love Oatmeal bread, have a recipe I use for my bread machine. It has molasses as the sweetener - yummy!