Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-21-2013, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
QuiltE i have sent 2 e-mails but both have bounced back to me as undeliverable so maybe I wasn't meant to buy pretty thread today
Maybe try again ... I sent them an email last night and so far it hasn't come back.
I hope you can get them to figure out something!
As for rates ... USA postage is notoriously less than our Canadian rates!

Anael
... such a precious picture! They're such little fighters! !
Old 02-21-2013, 06:27 AM

Mirabelle....I just put the 66 spool special and 6 1300 meter spools in my shopping cart and the postage was $20.13. I need to get some more neutral for piecing. I'm down to my last spool. Your quilt is stunning and even your leader Enders are so very well done. I rearranged a little yesterday and now mine are in a drawer right by my sewing table. Got to get get back at them.
Quilte....if you tell me how much your package weighed, I can get an estimate for postage from US to Queensland. Just maybe we can get it affordable for Mirabelle to use our favorite thread.
Anael...got your message and did another happy dance. So glad the Sewgrands are stabilizing. How wonderful that your DS had a chance to cuddle with Bram. Such an important step in his new life!
Dubib...your fingers will be busy for awhile. Love your block
QNS...your stash is like a quilt store! Is there any mind of fabric that you don't have?
Carrie...I know you will enjoy the retreat but it sounds like there is a lot of work on your part.
Jeanie...are you all done with the flimsy of Easy Street? Mine is still waiting.
I did get the borders done on my M&M BOM yesterday. Just have to get the backing prepared and to the longarmer. Laundry, haircut and finishing a valance for a friend today. She finally bought the curtain rods last weeks so I know it's time!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

GGal ... if you're ordering the 66 spools, call them and check on the colours. When I talked to them, it sounded as though they were just making them up as ordered, and not as pictured. I thought you'd been ordering from Tristan too.

Now wouldn't that be something if you could ship from BC to Indiana then Aus for less than direct! I thought of ordering and shipping to you, MiraB but I know that Tristan will have a corporate rate, so if anything will be able to ship for less than I could. Besides, they are closer to you, so should also be less!

GGal, from what I've seen posted in other threads, I think your new rates are more in line with what ours are. I just checked their site and the 66 tray is 2.0 lbs and 6 large spools are 1.2 lbs. If you click on the more details, it has the weights noted. My postage was $22.04. The 66 are actually at a higher per metre cost than the individual spools, though to me it was worth it to get such an assortment, then I can make my notes and know what to order. The choice of variegateds locally is very poor. Good Luck!

Last edited by QuiltE; 02-21-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:32 AM

Oh Anael! 2 days in a row w/good news! It makes me happy! The pict o' Bram & Dad made me cry.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:52 AM

Hello All

It is so nice to take a break from life and get up here and see what all my friends are up to!!!

I have had a lousy couple of days... sigh! the sun came out and melted ALL of the snow at once! DhSon and Wife got stuck AGAIN and I couldnt even pull the car out with my suburban... it took a couple of days to dig it out by shovel, and then I got an emergency call from my sister and had to leave just about sunset and got stuck in the mud and had to go find a shovel in the dark, good thing we have a couple of handy boys, they both grabbed shovels and helped! so I guess I dont get to tease them about getting the car stuck then I get to my sisters house... sounds like she is getting divorced, I will be busy the next couple of weeks for sure, probably setting up a room for her and her daughter.

QuiltE dose Tristan ship UPS? or what??? Dh has the UpsMan cell phone number in his phone... we are ALWAYS getting our packages LOST, delivered to some odd address, today I have to drive over to the local dairy and pick up a package that was missdelivered OH the JOYS of country life!

finger crossed! that I can drive down the driveway today! a girl has to buy grocerys sometime
Old 02-21-2013, 08:00 AM

Huggs DD! What a day ya had! Hope its better taday!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:57 AM

DD, here is wishing you a good day; bf was stocking up her supplies in case of snow, and met another lady at the candy counter also stocking up with chocolate so they could deal better with their dhs!! and d did not mean dear at that moment!

Good news, Anael, keeping it coming on; lovey picture of your son and his son together. I have to remind myself how large the twins are, and I think of a 10 pound bag of sugar, and the twins are 1/5 of that package of sugar!! Wow. Miracle babies. Stories you all will have to tell them as they grow up.

GardenGal, did not understand your expression "mind of fabric" maybe it was kind of fabric??? I have knit cottons in my closet inherited from almost grandmother-in-law... (she died at 94, after FIL and she had 23 good years together, at that age no one was about to 'make them' marry) patriotic fabric to do the year 2000 in a quilt; oh, dear, that year has passed on and no design to make one yet! Bird quilt with lots of flying geese dh started before that year of 2000; the second Blackbeard's patterned quilt, second one, before that; first one was so holey I threw it away or it got thrown away when we moved to Padre Island. Dacron white cotton by the bolt; marbled fabric from a quilt store going out of business sale and the bolts I have ordered for background fabric. Cannot believe that I am on the second bolt of black Kona and it is going faster than I can believe!! And I inherited or was gifted the well selected rainbow of colors of batiks...sent Jeanie a five inch sample of all of it...so she can tell you about the variety of colors! Thanks to you, my dh is happy with very warm feet!! And that makes me happy 'cause he is diabetic and foot care is essential for him.

Discovered propane tank was near empty last night, but they filled it early this morning, so let it snow! We need the moisture for spring...it is around the corner, just not soon enough for me.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 AM

QNS, funny you mention this as I always tell people to take one kilo of sugar and that's how much each of them is now. When Bram was born he was only half of that!

They were doing well today, the usual small problems, nothing to worry about. They both have been out of the incubator this afternoon, Isa with DS and Bram with DDIL. And again for all four of them first times!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:05 AM

It is SNOWING...snowing and snowing...covering the ground in less than five minutes!!

Thankful for a warm home and bountiful sewing room and warm chili in the pot and good company on QB on the PC trail.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:55 AM

Here you go gardnergal, this is the flimsy of my Easy Street Quilt. It is a little too busy for me, wished I had used a solid instead of the busy black on white!
Attached Thumbnails img_1775.jpg