Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 PM

Dublb--that is a pretty block! I haven't tried the "10-min block" before, but have watched a couple "how to" videos so I can try it some day.

Anael--cute picture of Isa. I hope Mick had a great birthday.

My oldest DD celebrated her 15th on the 22nd. Here is a picture of the cake she made...yellow cake, w/butter frosting (green food coloring), kit-kats around the outside and rolos on the top! Ever since our kids were little we made their cakes together instead of me baking a cake for them. Now they are all getting just about old enough to make their own!
Attached Thumbnails cake.jpg  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 PM

Now that's a cake!!!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Did ya git book 1 or 2?
Can you tell me which book you are talking about, I love the block, always wanted to make a Cathedral Windows quilt but it seemed a lot of work. Watched a tutorial on here and I think they mentioned about 10 yards of background fabric.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 PM

Carriem Happy Birthday to your DD, that cakes looks scrumptious
Old 02-24-2013, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
Can you tell me which book you are talking about, I love the block, always wanted to make a Cathedral Windows quilt but it seemed a lot of work. Watched a tutorial on here and I think they mentioned about 10 yards of background fabric.
The book is called 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill. She gives complete instructions, plus 7 different variations of the quilt. There are U-Tube videos on how to make it as well. She has a 2nd book out also, but I don't have it.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:38 PM

Thanks JeanieG.
Who is going to post pics of their BB's first, I have been petting mine all morning
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Power Poster

Do we need an okay from Honchey? If not I will be the brave one. First off I'm sending a PDF of the blocks that I did and a little explanation on them. Then a couple of pics of the blocks received from you dear friends. First are the blocks in ABC order by board name. Second is my block and a Missouri block from QNS. Thank you one and all.[ATTACH=CONFIG]397734[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]397735[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]397736[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 028.jpg   029.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Odds and Ends PC BB blocks.pdf (317.0 KB, 227 views)
Old 02-24-2013, 10:20 PM

FINALLY!!!!! Mirabelle has her blocks and now we are free to have some "Show & Tell"...
DH & I celebrated our 45th Anniversary....He brought home Dunkin Donuts this morning...I sewed all day and we ordered in for dinner...nice quiet day & evening...This is the first time I'm on the cp today...there's loose thread all over the place from cleaning up the little squares from the swaps I've been participating in..you should see my lap & shirt right now..looks like someone dumped a pile of snow on me.
Glad to hear the sewgrands are doing great...gaining weight & breathing better...

Dublb, that's interesting the way your CW block is done...I've never seen that technique before...more please..

QNS...years ago I broke my thumb skiing and had to have surgery to repair it..when doing PT they had me put my hand in hot dry oatmeal & move it around..it really felt good and the oatmeal doesn't dry out your skin...you could also use a heating pad....heat really does help...
It's late and have to get my beauty rest but before I go I'm going to post a photo of how I had to keep the bblocks on paper plates because I wanted each of them to have different "little quilts"...

Oksewglad.. Ohhhhh Brave One!!! the blocks look great..I haven't taken a photo of mine yet...They really look good together!!!
Attached Thumbnails pinwheel-011.jpg  

Last edited by Honchey; 02-24-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:30 PM

OK - enjoyed reading your pdf and seeing all the blocks you made for everyone! They are wonderful!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:50 PM

Not a good photo but THEY"RE HERE and I love love love each and every one of them. Will I have good show and tell at patchwork on Thursday
From the bottom of my heart thank you to everyone, there is a little piece of each of you in those blocks and I tear up every time I think of how we got to this moment in time.
So not more tears, I have a mystery block to make...and I need my eyes
QNS will use your state block for my label and list everyones name on it for prosperity.. and thank you for the extras how kind of you, but I have learnt that that is just you, kindness personified
Attached Thumbnails bbs.jpg