Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 03-02-2013, 05:37 AM

Jeanie...I was thinking if your quilt while making breakfast this morning and thought a dark blue would be nice and then....it appeared! The fusion has a play of shades too so it's just perfect.
Mirabelle....I understand your sad moment. I too am ready to show my block and vote for having Anael as first viewer. We would have to send it by regular email. BTW, our anniversay is March 3 but it's only 3 years.
OK...have fun at the state meeting. There are always old friends and lots if "cow" talk. You have a very busy and interesting life. Never a dull moment.
QuiltE...I've never seen more than one pineapple per block but if you want to get creative, have at it.
Anael...thanks for the heads up about the 6 inch in Sylvia. I'll check it out. I started Sylvia when I started the FWS and did the blocks that were duplicates. I think about 20. Both are in the UFO stage. They are moving up so maybe this year.
Carrie...have fun at the tourney and good luck to the youngsters.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:56 AM

I would love to 'judge' your blocks first And yes, all that I don't agree with can come to my house and live here!
Carrie, you will have to send an email because you can't attach a picture to a PM.

I'm working on the FWS now. Somewhere on the board I read about using the background fabric for sashing and that's what I'm doing now. I decided not to go by the #s but row by row. That way I can put the quilt together while making the blocks. First row is ready That was easy, only one block LOL.

Good luck with the archery Carrie! By the time you read this you know whether he qualified or not.

No news on the twins, meaning nothing happened, they're doing ok. My DS and DDIL are there now so I guess I will hear from them when they're back.
Off to the next FWS block I go!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:43 AM

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH another milestone: Bram is 2.2 lbs (1 kilo) !!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:31 PM

Great news about Bram....may it continue.

I finding out I must 'log in' each time I come on the QB board today; must be something new...wonder how many forgot their password and is digging in their computer places to find it!! Somehow, its less welcoming this way...to have to log in for recognition each time..instead of saying,,.'welcome, aboard (QNS)' matching up the computer to the name like Amazon does. Come on, techs, go modern instead of the other way!! Yes, dh taught programming to Junior high kids, and to our own kids, and they work as 'techs' today with engineering degrees and good jobs. Daughter has been approached by several computer places to come work for them, but she is a stay at home mom for their four year old son. She is building a computer for her Dad, (My dh), and he is so impatient to get his hands on it. Sometimes 'security' can go to far in its protection. Bid defender is complaining about the site, too, may be something as suddenly changed some feature. Funny, 'cause I found the ad for it on QB. It will allow me to read the daily email from QB. It should be nicer because it is coming up for renewal...wonder where I go from here???

Every day is a new experience, and it can change in a small moment!!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:09 PM

QNS - I don't have to log in each time I come to the Board! I wonder if some security thing on your computer was added with a new release or something???

Great news on Bram's weight Anael. Such fun to see those babies getting better and growing.

I'm checking out the quilt stores around here for the Fusion. I only had a 3/4 yd piece of the fabric left.

Carrie, two of my grandsons also go to those Archery Tournaments. They love it!
Old 03-02-2013, 03:03 PM

Carrie congrats on the archery tournament, its wonderful to see young ones being involved in sports, its good for the mind and soul..

GGal congrats on your anniversary today which is tomorrow over there, very confusing, hope you have a wonderful day.

Anael yay we have a silent slueth on our mystery ride, hope you enjoy all the eye candy coming your way. Also wonderful news with Bram reaching another milestone.. Another reason to celebrate.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:38 PM

Spent the day w/DSis. I still have so much ta do ta git ready for the retreat, but wanted ta stop here & check on ya'll. Good news about the twins! I got a squishy from Janie also. Thanks my friend. I love it! I'll catch ya'll later.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Happy 6 wks Birthday, SewGrands!!!

FYI
... Posted a bunch of PC pics ... not quite caught up in the photo dept, but you have most of them now!

GGal
... still on the honeymoon, and a blushing bride!! Happy 3rd Anniversary!!! Any celebratory plans?

Anael ... Awesome ... the little tiger surprised you on that burst of weight, I bet! Lots to celebrate for the SewGrands!!! I'd never thought of the sashing being the same as the background. It should work well and will let the designs float in the pattern. Will you use coloured cornerstones? or go without? Bonus in joining as you go ... that part is out of the way for later.

QNSue ... All's been working fine here for my arrival to the QB ... no log ins.

JeanieG ... good luck in finding your fabric. If you end up ordering online, be careful as to which royal you get. They have a darker one, and one that's a bit brighter in the Fusions Mist, so I suspect much the same in the others too.

MiraB ... glad I am not the only one that gets lost as to whether it's today, tomorrow or yesterday, and how to address each other! So what are you two lovebirds up to this weekend, after that supper cooked when you came home from DDs?

DublB ... so what all do you have to do to get ready for the retreat? Have FUN when you go!

JanieW ... typical of our Canada Post ... my squishie has yet to arrive!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:52 PM

What squishies are you guys talking about???
Old 03-02-2013, 10:37 PM

Here is what I have been working on for the past 2 days, dinner was not going to be cooked tonight until this was together
I just have to figure out what I am going to do for borders, but that can wait for another day..

DH has just gone for a drive to see if the creeks are rising as we have had quite a bit of rain today, there is a monsoonal trough sitting off the coast about 150 miles north of us so hoping it goes out to sea and does not form into a cyclone.

Nothing special tomorrow, probably cook a nice meal and watch a movie, might have a cappuccino and cheesecake at our favourite cafe tomorrow morning..
Attached Thumbnails dscf0077.jpg