Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 03-14-2013, 09:48 AM

GrannyQ, I got it and 'judged' it LOL. QuiltE, yours too! It's so much fun seeing all your MB's. I can tell they're all gorgeous!

My DDIL took pictures last Thursday, here's one of them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401714[/ATTACH]
First time I saw Isa out of the incubator, first picture of the three of us and first picture of her and me.
Attached Thumbnails aad-isa-en-ik-1000-x-750-.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 09:59 AM

Anael. Thank you for letting me know you received my picture of mb. The picture is perfect with your son and Isa, hopefully not long before a picture with her brother. Just beautiful. I hope to catch up on all the pony ride news soon.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:10 PM

Hi Jan and everyone.....waving !!!!! We have been out with our camping group since Monday, and just got home.

Oh Anael, another grand photo of you, your son and Isa! How precious, so glad she and Bram are making good progress!

I'm almost finished with my MB, hopefully will get it done by the weekend.

Jan, at the expo, check out the new Brother Dreamweaver Sewing Machines. I saw them when I was in Phoenix and have watched the videos on the Brother site. They are amazing! I picked up an inexpensive Brother when I started quilting again about four years ago. I had been using my Singer 503 (which I still have) prior to that. I use it for all my piecing, and take it in the motorhome when we travel. I just love that little machine. I use a Baby Lock to do my quilting. It does not have a huge throat space, but MUCH bigger than my little Brother.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:20 PM

Anael, what a perfect picture of a Mother that is every inch a Grandmother in that picture with son and granddaughter! A milestone and a joyous occasion to celebrate.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:59 PM

QuiltE, you select a fabric type...woven light, med or heavy...knit light, med heavy...vinyl,leather and the Sensor System selects the needle to use, stitch length, tension and actually senses the fabric so that the presserfoot has the correct amount of pressure on the fabric as it's being sewn...what I love is that when you stop sewing and the needle is in the down position the presserfoot lifts about 1/8" and you can pivot if you need to ...better yet is when you're sewing and stop you don't have to use your hand to raise the presser foot...you just sew off the piece and tap the foot pedal and the foot raises so you can remove it. or press the cut button and the machine pulls the thread to the bottom and cuts the thread and lifts the presserfoot...Voila!!!! The Sensor System..
Old 03-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Power Poster

JanRN ... Of course MrJanRN will be very understanding and will no doubt send you off with his Visa and say, treat yourself, HoneyJanRN! I saw something about a quilting expo or show or something in Mid April in OHio .. you just may have to go a 2nd time.

GrannyQ ... Good to "see" you. How is your sister doing?

Anael ... what a picture of happiness!! Thanks for sharing it with us!! Glad you approved of my MB ... you asked the name in your email, it's ________________!!!!

Honchey ... WOW! that Sensor System is pretty intriguing and inviting!! So what's wrong with that machine that it does not pick the fabric for you too? Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!! So does your Husqy have any models to compete with JanRN's Sweet 16? What's the broadest throat space? (and no, I do not want/need an embroidery machine)
Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 PM

Lots going on here..
Just got home and unpacked the car and now time to start cooking dinner (wish I had a maid)

Anael what a beautiful photo, nice to see your face and even nicer to see you and your son and beautiful granddaughter all together...Now it is Bram's turn..

Just received my e-mail from our fearless leader and I know who I have for this month .................... I have all my pattern books on the table and now time to decide

Anael get ready for the next batch of MB's, now I wonder what it will take to bribe our secret judge
Old 03-15-2013, 03:03 AM

Oh how I love being your Loyal Quilt Inspector and helping you out

Thanks for the kind words on the picture. It sure is Bram's turn but he hasn't been on anybody's lap yet. They're both doing fine. With Isa they tried to decrease the oxigen flow but she didn't respond very well so it's back to what it was before. Bram is still breathing on his own with support of meds. We have to see how he will be doing without those meds. He's a little happy camper in his incubator
Old 03-15-2013, 05:02 AM

Honchey....glad you survived your very busy week. I got my new name for the MB exchange. I had just decided on the pattern for her last night! I've been studying the requested blocks and looking through my patterns at the end if the day. Can't wait for the 25th!
Dubib....what a special trip for the ladies in your family! Make some more memories.
JanRN & Honchey....I didn't know a machine could do that. Amazing. Too bad it is the top of the line and price.
GrannyQ...you're getting the new computer figured out. Nice to hear from you.
Anael....that picture made my day! You DDIL captured something special! Glad to hear that Bram is a happy camper.
Jeanie....waving back...we've missed you but it's nice that you can do camping with special friends. I started quilting again about 3 years ago too and have a Brother 6000i which got me going. I did get a second hand Janome 6500 about a year and a half ago which is my go to now. I take the Brother to class.
Mirabelle....welcome back from your trip. Is it still the rainy season for you? March has come in like a lion this year. I'm waiting for the lamb to do some yard work.
i had to add a row of blocks to my current project to make it long enough for a twin bed and it's taken me an extra day. Borders today. Have to get something pretty for backing Monday when I go to class.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:55 AM

It seems all the manufacturers have machines with large throats, some are bigger horozontally, some vertical and some have both...all with similar but different named features...there's a straight stitch almost industrial machine that several of the manufacturers call their own??? and it's the same machine!!!!! they all "borrow" from each other..
the newest platform that Viking produces has several models ranging in price...all of them are sewing machines... several are sewing & embroidery some are just sewing...all of the newest "platform" machines have the sensor system but some of the lower end priced machines don't have the cut feature...these of course are less expensive....on the largest platform viking machine from needle to pillar I believe is 10.5 or 11 inches. I'm not sure..I'm not sitting in front of it right now...

I hope all of you received an email for the month of April...if not please let me know....

I'm glad you're all back and doing well especially the Sewgrands!!!..

Happy St.Patty's day to those of you celebrating...Corned beef and Cabbage on Sunday...mac & cheese for the grandkids...

Palm Sunday & Easter are just around the corner....

I was going to work on my MB the last few days but never got around to it...I do have it cut out...I WILL get it to my machine today...I want it out of the way to get to the new block... I'll be sending Anael a photo of it when I finish it today....

Anticipation.....yeah!! a good thing!!!