Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 03-25-2013, 05:54 PM

I'm glad you liked the MB, Honchey. I had just finished doing the valances for my friend that used Dresden plates and there didn't seem to be a more traditional block than that.
Anael...your babies are soooo cute. I love seeing them together!
Over half if the MB's have arrived! FYI....I'm keeping track of the post #the pictures were posted on and I will send the list to anyone that wants it. With so much chatter, it would take forever to look up a block in a couple if months!
Dubib....I haven't found your pictures.
Quilte...QNS did my block from the tutorial.
OK...so you're Grandma Cow. That's too cute. Enjoy their visit.
We got over a foot of snow yesterday...the biggest of all the season. DH just had to go out and play in it a little today. I finally got all of the fabric selected for the remaining FWS blocks which have floated to the front of the line. Also got a call from my LA that my quilts are done and will pick them up when I'm sure the roads are clear. All of the country roads were officially closed today.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:10 PM

I think that I ya do need ta be a member o' the Quilting Haven ta see it. I'm so sorry. I'll see if I can find the cord ta my camera.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:15 PM

Yes, GG, you got more snow than we did here. Half or better of the snow melted today; it was funny watching the guineas wade through the soft wet snow drifts. Schools were running 2 hours late today.

Its interesting that over half have received their MBs. Yes, I did the pineapple block with your tutorial you posted. The square center remained the 'square' center and the octagon shape was rethinking the square into an octagon for me. I agree that pages and entry number needs to be noted 'cause we all 'chat' a lot here and it is soooooo much fun!! Still looking for my MB to come, but this rural delivery is unusually slow here.

Dublb, I had seen the drawing before of the Irish design , but not the blocks you spoke of earlier, think it was the layout of the BBs. Maybe you could email to me if you have the time.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:26 PM

I think there's something going on with the site...I had a problem earlier and now it seems to be ok...
Old 03-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

I am amazed at how much we talk throughout the day.
I was able to get off the farm an hour behind schedule--not bad actually. This morning ran to town to get oil changed as it was overdue and didn't want to put an additional 600 miles on the old oil. While it was changed walked uptown to do some errands and stopped at the LQS to waste time. Oh what fun. Another friend was in trying to figure out fabrics for a cute quilt for her GD-owner was busy so we had fun picking out fabrics. Told Katie (LQS owner) that she owed me a consultant fee. So in and out of the LQS and spent someone else's money. By then the car was done so home again.
Before I left fielded calls on the BC puppies. The first one left last week to a neighbor who had to replace the dog the got from us last year--so they had first pic. DIL posted on Craig's list and wow so many responses. This morning 2 pups left the fourth is leaving tomorrow and the last on Thursday.
After town visit I was catching up in the kitchen--looked out the window over the sink and here's the bull and part of his harem coming up the drive way from the South Farm. Another call to the barn to alert them of the errant nomads! Wonder how they got out this time.
Uneventful trip up north--stopped along the way for a little shopping and bypassed the JoAnn's altogether. Haven't added to the wardrobe and got some good buys.
Oh such lovely blocks a cropping up. The irises look like a kalideoscope! And such a lovely DPlate
So now on the second glass of wine and time to say goodnight--Night all

PS Lovely quilt design dublb
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 PM
Power Poster

Anael ... Of course, Isa's clothing choice really jumps out at us and helps make her look bigger. Bram is more subtle in the white!

Honchey and GGal... Oh my .... how beautiful and certainly looks old fashioned like you wanted, Honchey! Well done GGal!!!!

GGal
... THANK YOU! for keeping the list of where the MBs are posted. It'll be a big help for choosing MBs to do for each person! YIKES! on the snow!!! We missed this storm, though I bet Mother Nature will bless us with a final blast yet! EXCITING that your LAQ has quilts ready for you. Look forward to seeing them soon!

I went thru all this thread the other day to look at each of the finished PC quilts, so have the list for anyone who wants that! Starting to think of the borders, so wanted to see the others for inspiration.

DublB
... still no photo of your BB quilt showing here! And the link that CarrieM provided doesn't let me into the site. As she suggested already, probably because I am not a member. I remember your quilting design from your showing it to us before ... are you going to use white thread on the black fabric?

MiraB ... how's your hand sewing of the binding going? Hopefully that postie will bring your MB to you today! ITA, the nerve of him bringing something to your neighbour!! YOu must have a talk with him about the importance!

MiraB and CarrieM ... oh so beautiful!!! and now you;re giving me ideas!

CArrieM ... glad the meds are working and wishing you a good sewing day tmro!

JanieW ... Absolutely adorable for your finale block! I was smiling tonight at the same little CowPoke in my quilt ... and your other cuties as I stitched the blocks together.

OKSGlad ... Glad you got your car serviced before your trip! ENJOY your getaway, Grands, and sewing retreat! Will there anytime for sewing? And looks like you are starting in fine style ... glass of wine! It'll all be over all too soon, then home again ... and ready for Easter!

PC Update ... Now have blocks sewn into rows. Next, start joining the rows. All are hanging on my design wall and already starting to look much smarter than when they were individual blocks on the wall!! Called my LAQ today to get in the queue ... hopefully will get it done in May, though she knows how time consuming it will be (and draining!), that I know it may get back tracked. I'm hoping she can have it done for the end of May, as once I am done, I SO want it finished! I know, I should have called her sooner, but I just don't like booking in and then having a panic-attack of the pending doom! ]

Good Night All ... and may more MBs arrive for everyone tomorrow!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:34 PM

I found my camera's errant cord but there wasn't a pict o' my quilt on the camera. I guess I'll have ta take another one.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:02 AM

Nice chatter on the site last night; it was good to hear from OKsewGlad, QuiltE, Honchey and Dublb. Honchey, for some reason Bid defender had me signing in to the site a couple or three days, then the problem sent away....they claimed something looked like a virus.

Dublb, looking forward to your pictures. OksewGlad, thanks for the update on the BC, its good that they all found good homes. QuiltE, you have gotten ahead of me; I still have three rows to sew together for the PC, then sew all the rows together...none of it today. Today is 'town' day with hair cuts and trip after chicken feed. Our A. celebration is now scheduled for April 4th.; so any quilting store visits will be in May, so will have the PC ready to take up then. How many have finished with their PCs, QuiltE? GG, how many of us have our Mystery Block? Who, besides me, are still waiting on the postman to deliver?
Old 03-26-2013, 04:43 AM

Me me me I'm still waiting, lots of eye candy to see. Checked out my longarmer's blog and she has selected the threads for my PC. She is starting it the week after Easter, can't wait to see what she does with it...

spent all day working on a MB and it turned out 6 3/8 inches so back to the drawing board, I am determined to make this block, cause it looks so good well I think so anyway

it is almost 11pm here and I have just finished sewing the binding down, will take a pic sometime tomorrow. Grocery shopping in the morning, DH will be home for lunch so maybe when he is having his afternoon siesta, he is coming home straight off night shift so he is a bit brain dead for a few hours.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:48 AM

These ladies have received their MB....Janie, GGal, Jan, Jeanie, QuiltE, Honchey, and Carrie. I have trouble thinking in reverse so QNS, you'll have to figure out who is still waiting.
QuiltE and QNS...nice progress on the PC. I would appreciate knowing the post # for the completed tops. I still have about half of the blocks to do up somehow since I did the stepping stone block.
OK....the south farm just feels left out and wants to be with the entire herd!
Dubib...beautiful quilt pattern. I thought my fingers were still pretty nimble but I tried doing EPP the other day and I felt like I was all thumbs! So out of practice!
School was cancelled today so the county roads must not be good yet. I want to see how many of the FWS blocks I can get cut out so they are ready when I just want to piece. I realized yesterday when sorting through my stash that I have a lot more fabric that I can make into scrappy piecing squares. I've fallen off the wagon with the header/ender project and need to get back at it.