Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-03-2013, 04:48 PM

Hi everyone! Beautiful weather here the last two days - in the low 70's! I just love to wake to the sun shining. I finished my 12 PT appointments today, and see what my Dr. says tomorrow about my finger. It is better, but my PT gal is recommending another month, which I agree. I don't know if it will finally bend all the way to my palm, but it is so much better. Arthritis flare up is what caused the problem. The swelling is so much better.

Well darn dublb - wish you luck on getting your MB! Talk about a "mystery"! LOL

Well everyone, am I the only one that has no clue with FFC is? Have I totally lost it? Sometimes I am reading this while doing my heating or ice pack part of my PT at home, so can't chat.

Anael - Bonny Hunter had information about 3M Nexcare flexible clear tape to use on back of rulers, below is the blog about this tape. I picked up a 3/4" roll in a cutter case (like a Scotch Tape Dispenser) at Walgreens yesterday, but I have not tried it yet.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/search?q=nexcare

Carrie, those blocks are really neat. I have that ruler, but have not tried it yet either!

Mirabelle - those grands are just darling. I bet you had a great time. What gets me now, is all the noise the children make. We get so used to our quiet houses, and I am forever tripping over really little ones, I forget to look down! LOL

We are going to watch two of my grandsons play Little League on Friday. Two of the boys play back to back, which is a fun way to watch their games. It is about 1/2 hour away from our home. They are always so happy to have us come and watch them play!

I got all the blocks of my PC Pony sewn quilt together into rows, now to get those rows together then decide on borders. I wanted to use all the left over pony fabric to piece together for the back, but my dilemma is how to then quilt my quilt. As you know, I usually follow the designs and sew in the ditch type of quilting, but I got to thinking that probably would not look so great on the back! Shoot! Now what do I do??? Help!!!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

Great tip on the Nexcare, JeanieG ... I think I've seen that brand here. Will have to check!

Great progress on your PC. I don';t see a problem with you doing a scrappy backing, then quilting your normal style from the front. Or is there something I am missing about this?

FFC = Fabric Friends Challenge
aka that FQ of pinkish-coralish fabric with friends quotes all over it that arrived with your MBs!

I'm getting excited about my road trip ... not so much to celebrate the birthday, but as you can well imagine, to check out JanRN's Sweet 16!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:23 PM

No MB again taday. I'm hoping it'll come tamarrow. I have already checked my address. (Twice) It was my first thought. LOL
PS TX was it's own country once but not now.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 PM

QuiltE - thanks for the FFC info. I don't remember seeing the abbreviations! When you sent the fabric, I immediately pulled a companion fabric and plan to make a new Mini Bow Tucks Purse with it. It is sitting with the pattern where I won't forget it, but have not had time to work on it yet! Those purses come together quickly, just gotta get to it! Like all the other UFO's!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Power Poster

Glad I solved the mystery for you, JeanieG!!
Your purse sounds like a perfect idea ... I'm so looking forward to seeing all these different ideas come into fruition as well as the different companion fabrics that everyone chooses!

hhhmmmm ... maybe I should send you some fabric to whip together one of those for me?

...........kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 PM

No Nexcare tape here All sorts of Nexcare products but no tape........maybe I can find those clear dots QNS is using.

I've been practicing the BSR foot for the past two days. I was not too happy with it untill yesterday night. I didn't manage to speed up when I wanted but last night I finally got it. I have to move the fabric faster in order to sew faster!! It's a whole different way of sewing but I think I've got it now

Jeanie, great idea. I never made a Bow Tuck Purse. Just might make one when I finished some UFO's!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:57 AM

I'm finally out of bed and can hardly walk...I need to move around even tho I hurt all over...I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee since Sunday...and...I'm working on my MB for April...I'm halfway done and I really like making this block...

I see everyone is back home from their travels and the photos of those beautiful children put a smile on my face...

The trip to NC is on the back burner until the 13th of April..I have to have the follow up then.

Dublb...I hope you get your block soon..should I check with the maker to see when it was sent???

Jeanie, I also have never made a bow tuck purse...I've always wanted to..

QuiltE..Are you visiting JanRN in Pa... or just to check out the sweet 16...?

Time to get up and move around...going to sew a little bit today...
Old 04-04-2013, 06:47 AM

Awww, Honchey. I am sorry you are going through all that. Be good to yourself. Hopefully stitching a fun block will distract you a bit from your aches. Wishing you to feel better really soon.

QuiltE , I found the pattern I want to make with the FFC. Now I just need the time.

Anael, I am thinking of you getting ot see those little ones today. Can't wait to hear about it.

OK and DD, Loved looking at your pictures of hte beautiful children. I love kids.

JeanieG, I admire you making bow tuck purses. The idea of it intimidates me.

Dublb, I hope your block gets there soon.

I finally finished my April MB and altho it wasn't done with my first choice of fabric because I am inept and made a rookie cutting mistake, I like it.

I am going down to the sewing room to see if the PC blocks can entice me to work on them.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:13 AM

Here is a photo of the Bow Tucks I made about 1 1/2 years ago. I just love it! I just throw it in the washing machine when it starts to look dingy, and hand it up to dry. It is still going strong. It is my "fall" purse, and my new one will be summer! LOL I made the straps longer, as I like to wear my purses across my body. The straps don't hurt my shoulder that way.

Janie - the purse is easy to make!
Attached Thumbnails bow-tucks-purse.jpg  

Last edited by JeanieG; 04-04-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:46 AM

[QUOTE=JeanieG;5977438]Here is a photo of the Bow Tucks I made about 1 1/2 years ago. I just love it! I just throw it in the washing machine when it starts to look dingy, and hand it up to dry. It is still going strong. It is my "fall" purse, and my new one will be summer! LOL I made the straps longer, as I like to wear my purses across my body. The straps don't hurt my shoulder that way

Jeanie...what is the name of the pattern maker? I just saw one on ebay and I'm not sure of the manufacturer...