Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-07-2013, 11:13 PM

GG, your tribute to Monet quilt is stunning! I've never seen that fabric before, I love it!

Bev, I would love to live there too. Looks so quiet. Congrats on buying the lots!

Mirabelle, I love your flowerquilt! I hate applique but I love seeing it!

I have a break from FMQ. I don't know where to go next so I had a coffee and a quick read on the board. This afternoon I'm having company and tonight a meeting. Later this morning I have to run errands as I didn't do that this weekend. As a result I don't have any breakfast
Now back to the machine and find out where to go
Old 04-07-2013, 11:46 PM

QuiltE, I forgot to answer your question. Yes, I'm using gloves, they're gardening gloves but work like a charm for me and much less expensive! I need to get new ones, this pair is almost falling apart
Old 04-08-2013, 04:14 AM

So much chatter; its wonderful!! More to read before I start off the week on this Monday. Apologize to GG, first, 'cause my head hurt so bad yesterday I thought Dublb had done the quilts posted; wrong, GG had. Beautiful work.

More beautiful 'eye' candy posted. Love the quilt, Mirabelle. Dublb, love the blue bonnet picture and your 'young' kids...memories are great. So glad for you to get ahold of more lots to insure privacy in your get-a-away-place.

Oksewglad, sounds like you had a lot of fun. Farmers are starting to work the fields here; dh was rejoicing at every field we saw being worked. Small box coming your way posted today.

Off to the showers and to get ready for doctor's appointment. Have a good day.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 AM
Power Poster

DublB ... "Field of Memories" in that photo. You need to get that photo enlarged and framed. How exciting about your purchase, and maybe someday down the road, an extra home for your kids?

MiraB ... what a beautiful quilt in the works. Looks like you have done most of the work for your Ladies who are gathering today. So I'm thinking the plan is to let them help get all the applique installed? Raw edge? or?

Anael ... my goodness! You have become possessed with that BSR! And a busy day ahead for you. On the gloves issue, I got a couple pair of the medical gloves when at the dentist to give it a try. Better do some of that tonight as I am sure they will want to know. I'm thinking if I like them I might buy a box from them sometime. I tried the machingers last week, and found them not so cumbersome to work with, though did find them very warm. Gardening gloves I found to be too bulky for my liking.

QNSue ... good luck at the Doc!

As for Me? ... back to the salt mines today!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

What a lovely photo of the Texas Bluebonnets and your little ones, dublb. Would be wonderful to get those lots a sea of blue again. When do they bloom and how long do the flowers last?
mirabelle you are teasing us with that gorgeous quilt--hmm how many MB's does she have behind there? Is every block going to have a flower? Your ability to put quilts together is enviable.
QNS hope the mail is quicker to my place than from!
Quilt Guild tonight and the QB's are furnishing lunch--so book work this morning and food prep this afternoon. Have a great day.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 AM

These are my gloves. Not that bulky. I don't have machingers, I stick to my gardengloves [ATTACH=CONFIG]406803[/ATTACH]

QNS, good luck at the doc! Hope you're ok.

Isa has been transported to the UMC in Groningen because of her eyes. I'm waiting for my DS or DDIL to call with news.
Attached Thumbnails gloves-576-x-432-.jpg  
Old 04-08-2013, 07:02 AM

Dublb, The photo of your children in that field of flowers is like a Hallmark card cover...so special..

QNS. good luck at the Dr's today.

Mirabelle, are you putting flowers on every rectangle?

GGal, You & Carriem have completed so many quilts....The "Monet" is a work of art

and..Yes, I am having fun "teasing " all of you!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 AM

Dublb--the lots look nice, especially with the flowers from when your kids were young. Hoping everything falls into place!

Mirabelle--your quilt is very pretty. I have seen that pattern before but all the applique scared me away...at least right now in my quilting I am not ready to learn that.

QE--the kids will practice archery at home through the summer (at least until it gets too hot) and there is an outdoor place a few miles away with "3-d" shooting available (deer, turkey, boar, even a dinosaur). We usually go over there at least once a week...it is a good workout as the trails are wound through the woods, up and down hill, to keep one target safe from someone shooting at a different target.

DS will be fishing and/or spending much of his time running around in the woods. He always has some "project" he's working on. The girls will spend time outside too...mostly they like swimming in the river, but sometimes help their brother with a fort he's building.

For gloves I like the "machingers"...I don't do much FMQ, but they are even helpful when SITD. A friend who does only FMQ uses them all the time...she's who recommended them to me.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:16 AM

Here's what I've done. Just the outer border and I'm done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]406806[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]406807[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]406808[/ATTACH]
This is a corner. That was the part I didn't know where to go
Attached Thumbnails fmqpractice-432-x-576-.jpg   fmqborder-432-x-576-.jpg   fmqcorner-432-x-576-.jpg  
Old 04-08-2013, 07:27 AM

I too use garden gloves. I learned last Sept (at a retreat) ta cut the finger tips off & now I have so much more controle. Not as cumbersome & I don't have ta take 'em off ta do stuff, like thread my needles.