Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 PM

Carrie, lovely table topper! You must have a huge table

QuiltE, I did it all freehand, no drawing. When I started I had no clue what to do and I just stared at the top and thought.......now what. So I took the plunge and started quilting.

Honchey, I have to go in next week for the follow up and I hope I won't see him for another 6 months after that too!

No news on Isa. No doctor seen yesterday so maybe today?
Old 04-09-2013, 04:09 AM

This is what I got up to today, This is Shannon and Gladys slaving away at appliqueing the blocks. I had my other machine set up on the dining room table. The second photo was taken just after lunch and by the end of the day we had all the blocks appliqued. Tomorrow I will sew them all together and attach the border.

QuiltE,,, Shannon's Canadian, she knows your area. I had to explain to them about the mystery blocks as they saw them (only a couple) on the design wall, and they asked where they were going...

Will take a pic tomorrow when I have the whole top finished.

DH cooked a wonderful lunch of Maple Mustard Chicken and tossed salad and he cooked steak for dinner AND he did the dishes, boy did I feel spoiled....
Attached Thumbnails dscf0134.jpg   dscf0135.jpg  
Old 04-09-2013, 05:04 AM

Carrie....what a cheerful table topper. I love it.
Honchey...not a competition, merely spring cleaning for me. Makes going into the sewing room more enjoyable to know things are being finished and I can start something new with a clear conscious.
JanRN...did you survive DH's visit to the dentist yesterday? And you really aren't slacking....you just have a life! Some of us retired ones have made quilting our life.
Jeanie...I saw the weather reports from the west coast . Not such a nice time to be on the beach. Is your camper a pull behind? That would make it easy for you to sneak off to the shop that Honchey mentioned.
QuiltE...no snow from here. Temps in the 70's with sever storms for the next couple of days. Snow in the northern states so maybe OK will be sending you some snow.
QNS...glad your BF is home. Hope she is feeling better. How about pics of the ducks? They sound so cute.
Mirabelle...your raffle quilt is beautiful. Simple elegance! Would your friends be interested in quilting along with us when we start another sew along?
Dubib...too funny to find you sewing in the dark! That MB must have been kidnapped!
Anael...no news is good news! It's nice that the SewGrands have settled into growing without so much intervention.
Me?...I went to the LQS yesterday to get binding and saw a flyer titled spring cleaning. They are offering % off for a trade in on 4 of their machines and one is the Janome 8200. I could take in my Brother 6000i which I paid $125 for and get $850 off which still makes it almost $2200 but it sure is appealing. I don't have room to have two machines set up and I don't think it will fit my sewing table so I have to think about that too. In the meantime I have some sewing to do....have a great day everyone!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:25 AM

Good morning Ladies--I woke with a migraine so after getting up at 6 to make sure DD and DH were up and moving went back to sleep until 9. Other kids are up now so I should get some school done since I am feeling a little better. Need to make a trip to town today...I will have a surprise to show you when I return!

Anael--my table is actually pretty small, but at an angle the topper will look nice. If only I can get my family to put their stuff else where so the topper can be seen!!

QE--the flower border is from a "border fabric" in the same line. It is almost 6" wide so quickly made the topper much bigger! It finished about 40" square. I started with the 12" block in the middle because of the large outer border and didn't want it to be lost.

QNS--praying your surgery on the 18th goes routinely and it doesn't slow you down too much!

Jan--good to hear from you. Are you still working lots of hours or have people decided to show up for work lately?

Dublb---praying you slept well and your eyes are clear this morning so you can get your border on. Can't wait to see a picture.

Jeanie--do you have a machine in the camper with you or do you take a break from quilting when on the road?

Mirabelle--looks like you made some great progress yesterday!

Ggal--the machine deal looks pretty good...decisions, decisions. You are right! Those who don't get as much done *are not* slackers!! I may not be retired, but I just don't have a lot of other stuff going on right now...that changes here and there...like once things finish drying out I will have yard work and spring cleaning to do so sewing time will be cut way down.

Hope all have a great day!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:12 AM

Ta Da!!! Finished my BB quilt--isn't it cute? At the bottom of my steps there's a landing before you turn into the living room; wall is an odd size so I hang things there. This BB quilt is the absolute perfect sized for that spot so every time I come down the steps it's like a "hello" from all my friends here. Thank you so much for all the blocks and the great ride!! And yes!! I did it all on my Sweet16!! I'm very proud of myself as there was very little swearing and by the middle of the quilt my machine and I are getting along well. (Don't look too close!!) I also have to brush the chalk off.
Ok, I got too confident; it won't let me post pic. Did the method for posting change? Clicked on little tree and selected my file, hit upload, and nothing. Hmmm--will try again. Nope-didn't work. But it's really cute!!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:16 AM

LOL Jan I bet it is

My DS just called, Isa doesn't have to have surgery. The UMC doesn't see what the eye doc in Zwolle is seeing so she will be back tomorrow. The twins might even go to a hospital nearby, let's wait and see what happens.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 AM

oh, Anael, what good news, and if they are closer, you can see them more!!

janRN, the BB quilt sounds so nice.

Sorry , Carrie, that you had a headache this morning; this weather does that to a person, i think.

mirabell, great looking quilt; have admired those i have seen in QB pictures.

So the little guys are growing, dh helped hold them for pictures this morning as we changed the water;[ATTACH=CONFIG]406963[/ATTACH]Anconas pullet, brown duck and red production straight run chicks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]406964[/ATTACH]peep, peep. [ATTACH=CONFIG]406965[/ATTACH]Quack, quack.[ATTACH=CONFIG]406966[/ATTACH] Gather 'round the water
Attached Thumbnails dscn0093.jpg   dscn0085.jpg   dscn0086.jpg   dscn0092.jpg  
Old 04-09-2013, 10:01 AM

Oh QNS, those are so cute!

The twins will be transported to the nearby hospital tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!! One step closer to home
Old 04-09-2013, 03:02 PM

That is great news Anael, another milestone reached...

My 2 friends unfortunately aren't interested in sew alongs preferring to do their own thing. I don't think they "get it" but that's ok.

Today I am planning on sewing all the blocks together and hopefully will get the border on so off the computer and to work I go...maybe DH will spoil me and cook dinner again tonight.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:14 PM

Oh gosh, just logged on the first time today, and there are already a ton of messages!

Honchey, we are at a base much closer to home (about 11 miles) LOL It is called Pt. Mugu. My hubby worked here (civil service) for 32 years.

Carrie - I have a small Brother sewing machine that I use when we travel. I did not bring it this trip though. I did bring my Sizzix Big Shot to cut out my 5" squares for my border. Love this machine for cutting my scraps up into squares. I do take my sewing machine with me when do travel long distances. I am not a TV or Movie person, so I sew in the evenings.

Gardnergal - the wind was really bad yesterday, but today there is just a mild breeze blowing. It is suppose to be windy again tomorrow. We travel in a motorhome, and tow my Jeep. The ocean is not as fierce looking today, such a beautiful blue. Wish I had thought to bring my camera!

Anael, great news about Isa's eyes, and so wonderful they are being moved closer to you. Will they still have those wonderful camera's so you can watch them? I had never heard of that before - so amazing!

My first great grandchild (a girl) will be born tomorrow! They are inducing my granddaughter tonight. How exciting!