Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-20-2013, 04:09 AM

Ggal, that's a beautiful block Anne made for you-love those colors.

Anne, those ladies are so cute. I'm not fond of applique but those are going to make for a really striking quilt. And NO!!! I am not opening The Box. QE is quite clever with her coasters and potholders. There are enough blocks in The Box that I could cover my car.

Mirab, that quilt turned out lovely. I'm sure you'll raise lots of $$$ with it.

QnS I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, life is short as we are constantly reminded. I'm glad she got to enjoy your quilts. I hope you're feeling better.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:58 AM
Power Poster

MiraB ... splendid!! I need to see those fresh daisies, as I awoke to snow this morning! Nice switch on the border quilting. I'm guessing the binding is going to be in colour. Perhaps scrappy? Or, how are you going to surprise us? You deserve that luxurious bath ... two completed quilts in one week!!! My Oh My!!! Nexdt? ... Sell! Sell! Sell!! (those tickets)

I promise, you do not need your skiis here in Canada in July (old joke about our American friends coming north with skiis on their cars in July!!!) Whatever happened to global warming?

QNSue ... My condolences to you and your DH. You were so good to Aunt Ruth and helped to make her life a little more pleasant. Keep those good memories as you remember your loss. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you.

Thanks Everyone, about the coasters and pot holders ... I've never used the coasters! I bought them one time at a LQS thinking I might make them as a gift sometime, and they've sat in my sewing room ever since. Then recently I saw the super-size ones in a different LQS with a mason jar to leave a donation for a local charity. Last weekend, I took the idea and ran with it, making some of my own improvisations. Added in the special insulation batting, which seemed stiff, but as I used it this week, all seems good. Will it soften when washed?

JanRN ... cars have been covered before!! hhmmm? You could do this!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409077[/ATTACH]
The President of a local Guild made this during her year in the Chair, and had it on display at their Quilt Show. She even put screen over the windows so that she could have full vision and drive it in Parades. Gues she'll have to keep the car forever as it's not a one-size-fits-all!!!!
Attached Thumbnails haltonguild-floradale-001.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-20-2013 at 05:03 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:00 AM

Thanks for the kind words at the loss of my AIL. She was the 'glue' that held the family and farm together, has missed her dh after his death, but enjoyed her children and grandchildren and great grand children. She had a lot of health problems, so the passing is really a blessing in many ways and it was a peaceful death. Yes, she will be missed greatly by her family as it should be, and life will go on. Passing of another era...the last of that generation in the family.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:44 AM

~~~Hugs~~~ QNina Sue, lots of ~~~Hugs~~~

here is a pic of my new little friend that I get to keep while his Mommy is in Mexico isnt he CUTE!!! I think we will have a difficult time giving him up when she gets back.

Rain, Rain, and more SNOW! all I want is a sunny day so I can take some more pics to show yall
Attached Thumbnails april13-028.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 06:21 AM

Well, I won the coverall for $50 last night....My bowl of strawberries & cool whip was the first to go (finished)....I had a piece of cake that went well with the strawberries ...It was an angelfood cake with a lg can of crushed pineapple, 1 cap each of almond & vanilla extract...nothing else added...it was very good...

Jan, why don't you have a MBox auction...you could get some $$$$ for your next FART.

MiraB. your raffle quilt tuned out great...I have tried FMQ doing that border design but it didn't turn out like yours...looked nothing like it...
Gee, I'm wondering if my MB will be coming to me here in NC...I forgot about that... My May MB is done and I have fabric for one (future pick). even I wouldn't pick one ahead of time...reminds me I should get my little blue numbered beads out..(baby bracelet kind)..I found a pack of them in my sewing box...they will work better than the little folded up papers...
QuiltE...That car certainly looks different...Dh wants to know WHY??? I just checked out the weather channel and Yep some of you will be getting more SNOW....It is rather chilly here this morning..We had torrential rain last night...it's still cloudy and overcast...my bones are telling me it's going to be here for a few more days.....
QNS...Sad news to hear about a loved one...
I'm not sure about what to use for the background for the "Pretty Dresses" I have a few more cut out...
do I go with Kona Snow or a white on white or just a white... the block itself is sashed with 4 different strips not the same as the dress.
Oh well, maybe I'll cut a couple of "birdies"....I'll have to do some fusible to the fabric first....
Old 04-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

DDamsel ... well, isn;t that the cutest, and I see you have landed him right onto a quilt! Will be quite a change from your "big" dogs!

Honchey ... bet that Bingo $ burning a hole in your pocket and now you need to go on another FART!!! Did you give anyone your address to get your MB in NC? Tell DH .... "Just Because" ... you'll have to find a man-parallel to help him understand. Guess her guild members had a lot of "boxes that shall never be opened", and opened them wide for her! She sure put a lot of work into it ... everything was quilted ... and as you can see, well fit to the car. Yup we had snow overnight ... and I saw flakes falling again, a few minutes ago. arrgghhhhh!!!

For your pretty dresses ... the other day I saw a Michael Miller Fairy Frost with just a touch of sparkles in it. What about using it? I'm not familiar with Kona Snow, though I am thinking it's a plain white. If so, I'd go for the WOW, as it'd look somewhat lacy and girlie to go with the mood of the piece.

And to think I forgot my big announcement ..................... Thursday I cut the deal for my new machine!
I wanted the Sweet 16, but as many of you know I was having a hard time justifying the cost, for a machine that would sit idle a lot. So I went for the Bernina 820 (comes with the BSR). It will give me a lot more throat space, though not the desirable open height or width of the S16. I'm thinking it'll be a good way for me to work on developing my FMQ skills ... and if I do good, and outgrow the quilting ability, then I will have a better comfort to get the S16, or whatever happens to be around when the time comes.

Thank you SO much to all of you for your insights and help while I was researching and doing my own soul-searching about the decision. You all helped immensely. Now you'll just have to listen to me moan and groan as I adjust to the Bernina mindset!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:41 AM

May u love it; I love my Bernina sewing machine (old one a 1530 from late 90s) but passed on their big quilter 'cause it still sits facing me with its feed dogs, and I cannot turn a 90 degree angle with my eye and head to sew a straight line like the sweet 16s do...if that makes sense. Computer is acting up; DD is not available until evening an is bummed out fixing too many computers right now...Ds is unavailable, too. Guess Mom was always too available too often. LOL!!

Good luck with your new machine, QuiltE...and don't forget to show us the results.

Thank you for your comments as me a cook; I cook plain old fashion farm food learned from my DG. I did learn that if you wanted something to taste right, you had to start with a good product. Same is true of sewing fabrics an sewing machines, I think. Honchey, I love these 'hints' you give us about dip for strawberries, etc.

DD looks like you are a good care taker...when an animal loves you, there is nothing wrong with the world; its peaceful and loving, TLC, time.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:03 AM

QNS, I'm so sorry for your loss. ((((HUGS))))
Old 04-20-2013, 10:17 AM

YAY!!!! QuiltE "HappyBirthday" or something

QNinaSue I LOVE animals, yesterday My Dad came to visit with his dog in tow, I had to scurry to put "Newbie" out of reach, then closed the door to the 5 new turkeys and 2 baby ducks, the cat ran off all on her own, DhDD had to take the baby goat back outside, and did I mention we got another bunny yesterday?
I spent all morning working on building a bigger bunny hutch, and looking up plans for a duck house! I even have an old bathtub around here somewhere

If only it would STOP storming!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:07 PM

DD, we found the smallest child's wading pool at Wal Mart the cheapest solution to the ducks needing water to wash their becks out and swimming. Orscheln Farm and Home Store has some chicken tractors now starting at $250. upward, all built or just the 'holding' pens....you can assemble or pay them $25. for assembling. I have looked at them really close because it still might be the cheapest plan for us....I would put it inside a dog run we bult that is 5 by 15 feet with 8 foot high wire to prevent the varmits getting to the fowl.