Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 AM

Good news for QNS. Thanks fir the tea and cookies!
Praying Jeanie gets a similar report next week and that everything can be dried out.
All the spring flowers are so pretty. They are lasting so much longer this spring since it's so cool here. We're starting to see green leaves on the trees although it will be another week or two before the canopy is full.
Mirabelle...take the disbelief as a compliment. Those poor ladies are comparing what you do on your DSM to a LA! They are limiting themselves by their attitude and always paying someone else to finish their quilts. I'm assuming they piece, right?
carrie...you BB quilt really turned out great. I like the way that you varied the stitching too.
DD...way to go with the machine. It pays to be handy with tools in the toolbox.
Anael...such a precious picture. You would never know how tiny Isa once was. Thanks for posting.
QuiltE....have fun with your new machine. Reason and emotion mixed and I did come home yesterday with the 8200. It's bigger than the hole for my sewing table so it's currently setting on top but it doesn't affect how it sews. It's so quiet and with the accufeed foot on, keeping a straight seam is so easy. What actually sold me was when she put on the FMQ foot and I could make reasonably round loops. Mine will never be as nice as Mirabelle's but I will no longer hesitate to work with it more. Carrie I have a couple feet that didn't come with my machine that I would like to give you. The FMQ bobbin holder, the quarter inch foot, the FMQ foot and I also have a single hole plate but I don't know if it fits the 6600. Check with your dealer about it and let me know. Today I really should work outside but I know it won't keep me from a little stitching. Tomorrow a few of us from class are going to Arthur, IL for a quilt show. It's in Amish country so their will be many interesting things to see besides quilts!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:10 AM

Anael, beautiful picture. You both bring an instant smile.

Mirabelle, that was an unpleasant experience. QNS is right. Kill them with kindness if you can. Take it as a back handed compliment that your quilting was so well done that you couldn't possibly have done it on your DMS. You know it was so just revel in your talent and let them go drown in their negativity.

QuiltE those crocus will likely not show up in any garden centre as they are wild. I got them from a lovely gentleman at the farmers' market. He goes out to the fields and collects the seeds from the wild plants. I also got some lady slippers from him but they are not even close to popping through. I don't name my machines, but I have called them names occasionally, but I can't say what on this polite thread.

Gardnergal, oooh another new machine. Lots of fun. I remember when I got mine a few years ago in June and I was torn between being outside and playing with the machine. Have fun in Arthur!

DD good to know your kids are not your dishwasher. Good for you. There is balance with kids helping out as opposed to being your slaves. Ask me how I know.

Bev, Your embroidered block is really neat. Also loved your pics of the blue bonnets. I really does look dry where you are.

I have the 5 year old twins coming over for the morning to I must go.

Have a happy day, all whether it be stitching or gardening or whatever your heart desires.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 AM

Mirabelle...Green with ENVY...they're just Jealous of your talent...

QuiltE..Congratulations on your new machine!!!! You'll have alot of fun with it...

Jeanie,Hope you get good news...

Anael, Isa is so beautiful..they way the two of you look at each other...something special.....

Carriem, I have to try my walking foot doing what you did.. I know I can do a zig zag...I'm not sure about the back 'n forth...

DublbB and Janie...pretty flowers...All the Azaleas are in bloom here in NC..They will be coming into bloom when I go home to NJ...Bev, one of the reasons I put the quiltville quilt to bed was because of all the little pieces...especially the bias ones...
I was looking for my usb stick to see what designs are small enough to use on QuiltE's square and I can't find it...Yuk...

Carrie...you're another woman that amazes me...the BB Quilt turned out great...Nice touch on the DP4 blocks...All that stitching.....
Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 AM

Oh Anael, she is the sweetest thing! I just dearly love babies. Just look at her eyes as she takes in her surroundin's. such a sweet face. As far as the li'le block goes, I did take the paper off 'cause I din't want ta have that paper w/all it's acid trapped inside o' the stitches. I used tear away stabilizer & used 505 ta attach the block ta it. I guess I should have sewed all around the li'le block, on ta the stabilizer, ta keep it taut. (The block was smaller than the hoop.) Ya'll learn from my mistakes OK?
Sue the blue bonnets can't bloom if they never seeded out. It was way too dry & most o' 'em didn't even come up. Maybe next year.
GG - It's wonderful that ya got your new machine. I bet ya git as good as mirabelle in no time.
Honchey - Aren't those li'le pieces the pits? I sure hope ya find the USB stick soon.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:35 AM

Thanks all! Sure she has grown, just have a look. The day she was born and last Saturday!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409977[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails isa20.01.13-20.04.13.jpg  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:38 AM

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Tomorrow the twins are going to the last hospital before coming home. They will be in the same town my DS and DDIL are living Again one step closer to home.
Isa has to go back to Enschede next week because the eye doc wants to see her. No need for a procedure yet but we still have to wait for her eyes to get better.
Imagine they still shouldn't be here, due date is Saturday April 27th.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 AM

OH Yeah!!!!! Soon! My DGD weighed 4lbs 11 oz when she came home. So Isa is bigger than that already. Hooray.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 AM

I'm gonna go & help My DSis clean her house. (She's helped me before.) Catch ya'll later taday.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:20 AM

Anael - how adorable she is. It is so amazing that that precious little girl is looking so big and healthy. What a delight it must be to be able to cuddle with her.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:39 PM

Hip, hip, hooray, there was a MB in my mailbox today. The packet included two "Taste of Home" magazines for Feb/Mar and for Apr/May and nice card and ......drum row.....the MYSTERY BLOCK called 'Weathervane' from JanRN:[ATTACH=CONFIG]410015[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]410016[/ATTACH]picture was taken in my bedroom on my bed...(two photo shots of same block) one delightful MB...that will be loved here. Thank you. Thanks. Its beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0104.jpg   dscn0105.jpg