Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

I was curious about the book ... found a description here
http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/p-5...-lot-more.aspx

The pattern takes 6, half yard cuts ... assuming that the kit makes the same size as the pattern book.
Although the cover of the book shows smaller corner pieces, so the quilts may not be the same size ... or the corners are just not shown on the book cover at full size.
Regardless, would be easy enough to expand the size by increasing those corners.

Easily do-able from most of our stashes (and many times over!!)

If you want to see what other patterns are in the book, look here!
http://www.connecttheblocks.com/shop...u-12010040.htm

And a few Googles later ......... the pattern ... FREE and direct from the designers!!
http://www.quiltbranch.com/uploads/p...ee%20Skirt.pdf

Oh Happy Days!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-28-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:51 PM

QuiltE you amaze me, we will have you dub you the Queen of Google Search

I did print the pattern for the tree skirt, it would not be hard to turn it into a rectangle and if you wanted a larger quilt I would add a border of stars, just food for thought. Now I am going to sew today and finish the blocks for Bonnie Hunters Star Struck quilt, 18 to go and counting..
Old 04-28-2013, 04:01 PM

Sweet QuiltE almost got details right....I emailed her some pages from the book to correct her errors. The pattern in book is called "Irish Mist". Book also includes patterns for Sonoma Stars, Diamonds are a girl's best friend, argyle, giggle and gaggles, and check mate. It's availble from The Quilt Branch, 656 E 975 St,Magnolia, Il. 61336 Phone 815-869-7041. Her yardage needed for for this quilt 'tis off a bit, too. Six half yards.... one light, four medium, one dark, plus background 2 3/4 yds, plus yardage around the medallion, plus borders and backing.

However, if you just order the kit, you save money...at least, it looks that way to me. Unless you want to substitue your favorite color.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
QuiltE you amaze me, we will have you dub you the Queen of Google Search

I did print the pattern for the tree skirt, it would not be hard to turn it into a rectangle and if you wanted a larger quilt I would add a border of stars, just food for thought. Now I am going to sew today and finish the blocks for Bonnie Hunters Star Struck quilt, 18 to go and counting..
Not at all!!! ... I am not so good at Google-ing as many others.
I wasn't even trying to find the pattern. Though I think we can all figure out how to turn the tree skirt into a full sized quilt, easy enough.

My whole mission was to try to find out if the pattern book was worth $18 plus shipping. I think this is the prize of the book and the others are just ordinary.

You are the STAR ... and as you finish Star Struck, remember that is what you do to us ... ALL.THE.TIME!!!!!

QNSue ... Thanks for the forward. And thanks too, for updating all on the yardage, as what I said, would have been terribly misleading. Your kit price is incredibly low, when you add up all that yardage! Great Bargain! Though for we foreigners, the shipping could add up considerably, as MiraB already mentioned and ruin the bargain. This one quilt will hardly put a dent in my my stash!

Just thinking .... this pattern could be easily broken down into BOM/BOW chunks!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-28-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:07 PM

We posted almost together, QuiltE.

Yes, Mirabelle, please check out the source to know the exact amount. Some places really leave you in limbo. Book may be found on line used, too, and save some money.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:34 PM

My friend bought this book Friday and is making the quilt in the front. She is going to copy the Sonoma pattern for me. I like it better. All of the patterns take 6 half yards so it isn't a large quilt. The two borders are four inches so it could easily be made larger by adding borders.
Thanks for the kind words about the MB block for GrannyQ. It was from a Marti Michell booklet using her kaleidoscope ruler.
Mirabelle...I love your quilts. The embrodiery one is so unique and beautiful.
QNsue...you are so ambitious! Always a beautiful quilt to sew isn't there? I got fabric on Friday and did a design today for a quilt for my daughter. First class fabric that i spent $12 for was being sold for $6. There was no way i could walk out without another project. I won't start it until I get a couple of these others out of the way. I don't have room!
QuiltE...I got a 8200 which is a big change from the 6500 I had.
Anael...how is your garden growing?
It's getting late so I haven't chased down all of the posts but all of you guys are appreciated everyday. My first and last stop on line everyday!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

GGal ... I think we all would have done the same as you with fabric on at 1/2 price! Much of my stash has been acquired that way. I'm trying to be very good now, and only buy with an immediate reason and purpose. Note: operative word is "try" and not always successful. There were some good improvements just between the 6500 and the 6600 ... and now even more to the 8200. The photo of Sonoma Stars in the link I gave above, is not very clear, so I'm not really sure what it looks like. Ironic, that your friend bought the pattern this week too!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:58 PM

Whooo OK! is it just me or does that tree skirt LOOK like a baby quilt? I can see it in blue and yellow with a chubby baby wrapped in it!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel View Post
Whooo OK! is it just me or does that tree skirt LOOK like a baby quilt? I can see it in blue and yellow with a chubby baby wrapped in it!
YOU, DDD (that's short for DearDerangedDamsel!!) can see babies in EVERYTHING!!!
I think you and your DH need to have another baby for yourself .... better still, you need twins or triplets ..... or quads!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:12 PM

Now, I will try to post a picture of three quilts featured in the book:[ATTACH=CONFIG]410570[/ATTACH]I hope the pictures are large enough to get an idea about the quilts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
threeinone.pdf (662.0 KB, 157 views)