Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-02-2013, 07:08 AM
Power Poster

In a word--SNOW! Lucky not an hour north as Rochester has 10" and still snowing and to the NW Owatonna has 15". I'm staying in today. Glad I didn't put plants in the garden!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:21 AM

Brrrr. Snow. Grandson and SIL are building a snowman on their yard in NE. Just rain here and cold. But will warm up on Saturday.

I am not getting any younger; so called Bernina back and ordered an embroidery machine (and table, etc.,) to complete the sewing room line up. Will pick it up on the 18th; sometime between now and then I will confess to dh. What a Mothers Day I am going to have!!!:thumbu p:

Poor dh thought he would get my Bernina I am using now; he only has three sewing machines he complains about all the time. No way. That is my piecing machine. New one is my Quilting only machine...free form or patterns on small things...cannot handle the heavy queen or king size, rather let the Moss sisters do that for me.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 AM

LOL QNS, that's the spirit Plenty of time to confess!

OK, SNOW????? Glad it's not here! I don't like snow and specially not when it's supposed to be spring with sunshine and garden time It's not that great here either but I hope no snow till November!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:42 AM

Oh NINA....You really know how to shop....I am thrilled for you!!!! You so well DESERVE it...

I will take a photo QuiltE to show you what I'm doing with your block...making an waiting for MB's is mystery enough!!!

Guess what I got in the mail today????? yep, it's here...I just pressed it so you all could see the beautiful handwork that DD did on it....Thank you so much Candace...it is gorgeous...I can't wait to see both of my MB's together...will have to wait until I get home in NJ...

I couldn't believe what I saw on the weather channel this morning..All that SNOW!!!!

Now for the Show & Tell....
Attached Thumbnails my-april-mb-candace-dd.jpg  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

OKSGlad ... good for you, declare yourself a SNEW DAY!!! Your plants will thank you for keeping them in their nice and cosy greenhouse!!

QNSue .... Happy Mother's Day!!!!! Maybe you can get DD/DSIL to help you with your ploy? So which embroidery machine did you go for? Looks like you are just evening the # up with your DH ... he has 3, now you have 3!

Honchey and DDamsel ... oh so beautiful!!! That fits your MB wish list to a T, if I remember correctly. Absolutely outstanding, stunning, pretty, old-fashioned, delicate, delightful .... so man more words to describe it!

Honchey ... Oh good! we don't need too much suspense around these parts!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-02-2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:32 AM

Honchey, that block is gorgeous! DD did such a great job
Old 05-02-2013, 08:49 AM

Honchey....what a beautiful block from DD. worth waiting for.
QNS....isn't it nice when dreams come true? How nice that you will have such a nice sewing setup. It can be your "diet" since it will keep you so busy that the kitchen time becomes leaner and everyone else in the house!
QuiltE... I have a Gidget II sewing table and the opening isn't the right size for my machine. My sewing room is so small that new cabinetry like you and QNS now have just wouldn't fit. I do dream of a larger space but can't see that happening any time soon.
Here is a sale that some of you might be interested in. I found a book here that I've been on the lookout for. Maybe you will too.
http://landauerpub.com/2013-Spring-Warehouse-Sale.html

Last edited by gardnergal970; 05-02-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Power Poster

GGal ... I know, I am lucky to have the luxury of space. I'm not sure if you are saying the depth is too shallow for your machine to sit flush? or the hole not big enough for your machine to go in? Could you get someone to renovate your table? And work with one of the clear inserts? Or ... get plexi cut to the size you need/want to fill the gaps. Hope you can get it sorted out soon enough, to make your stitching easier.

JanieW
, for sure will recognize the "medallion" in this.
Some of you might too, as I understand Tim Hortons is now south of the border!
The fabric appears to be from Stonehenge's Oh Canada collection from last year.
And no ... I did not make it ... it was forwarded to me by someone who spotted it on the web.
Priceless!!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-02-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 AM

Wow twelve messages so far this morning! We are a real productive group, I must say!

Honchey, you received a marvelous block from DD! Wow!!

Congrats Jan on the selling of your mom's house. It has taken a long time, but is finally done! Hurrah!

Gee, I don't know about all you guys getting new machines! Wow, how great is that! Congrats!

We have been at a standstill the past week on my house. I am not a patient person, so am getting real aggravated. ServPro who does the clean up has had to wait for my Homeowners Co. to approve the invoices so they can do the work. That has gone round and round a couple of times, but ServPro got the go ahead day before yesterday. I have moved all the food out of the cupboards, and Serv Pro is sending someone to pack up all the remaining stuff in my kitchen and dining room as everything has to be moved out. They have to tear out the kitchen cabinets, and cut 2 feet off the drywall in the living room to clean where the cabinets were. Also the carpet and pad have to be taken out of the living room too. ServPro said his part of the clean up will take about a week (everything has to dry out after he does the clean up). Then I have to hire a contractor to replace the 2 ft of drywall and put new baseboards in. I have to get new carpet, and decide on new kitchen cabinets. I had a guy come and measure the kitchen for the new cabinets, but I will have to decide which ones I want and work with a designer (free at Home Depot) for the kitchen layout. I will also get another design workup from someone else, might as well get all the ideas I can. I'm not sure what the Insurance Co. will give me for the new cabinets yet, but doubt it will cover them all. Just my gut feeling!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

JeanieG ... I feel for you! Renos alone create a lot of stress ... and to be forced into them, when you are not planning on doing so, I'm sure, only makes it worse. Then to have to work "with" insurance, and those who it's just a "job" ... and not affecting their life, sadly, it all goes at a snail's pace. From watching others deal with similar to you, and having gone thru extensive renos (choice, not forced, like you are) my best advice is to document every little conversation and every little promise ... and keep nailing them down with definitives, that may haunt them later .......... on this date you told me on this date that you'd have this done, or would call me back, or or ..... etc.

Patient I am NOT, either ... so I can totally understand what you are and will be dealing with.

Good Luck ... and sew sew sew yourself into oblivion to get thru it!