Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 AM

I forgot to list the name of the block from JanieW, it is called Squares and Stripes.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

GrannyQ and JanieW ... What a perfect block to go with the previous two. I really like it's simplicity and yet it makes a great statement on its own. And look at how square everything is!!

GrannyQ ... so sorry to read of MrGrannyQ's health concerns. My thoughts and best wishes are with the two of you.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Oh I like it Granny Q--great job Janie.

Just checking in--had to go to computer for a reference lookup--so I'm off again. Tomatoes and beans here I come! Now if I can just keep the dogs out of my beds--I have used all sorts of deterents--even boards with nails-. Leaving garden tools with pointing ends up is about the best one yet.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:31 AM

Oh...Oh..Oh..What a great Block!!!! I love it!!! Janie it reminds me of the DNP but it isn't!!! It's a very clever block...it makes me want to figure out how to do it!!! Great Job Janie and Lucky you GrannyQ
Old 05-16-2013, 11:12 AM

What a lovely block! Of course I've seen it before Great job GrannyQ!

QuiltE, I still eat beef and cheese. I don't like milk though, I do drink buttermilk in summer when it's hot.

Latest update on Bram and Isa: Isa is ready to go home but still waiting on Bram who's not. His lungs are seriously damaged and he can't do without oxygen yet. So he will go home with oxygen. He's on 70% per 0.3 liter oxygen now and has to back to 100% oxygen per 1 liter as that's the only way they can give oxygen at home. He has to be admitted to hospital every few weeks and see if he can do without, you can't do that at home. They won't go home next week, but they might go home on May 29th
Old 05-16-2013, 11:16 AM

Look what came from Down Under today! I love it, Karen. The colours are perfect with my first two blocks. Well done! Thank you so much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413857[/ATTACH]

Edited to add: it is called Baker Street Puzzle
Attached Thumbnails mystery-block-tulips-etc-011.jpg  
Old 05-16-2013, 11:43 AM

Isn't your block lovely Janie? Karen did a great job, I love the colours!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:49 AM

Umm, umm,umm, I'm really liking this block...the colors...it's oh so pretty!! I'm wondering why there isn't "star" in it's name...Great Job Karen....I don't like to repeat myself but..Lucky you Janie!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:52 AM

She sure did, Anael!

Here is my fairy garden. it is early yet so not in its prime. Ignore the dead Kenilworth Ivy to the right of the wishing well. I leave it there so that it will self seed. I have had Kenilworth Ivy progeny since 1983. I got the original plant from the custodian at the school where I worked. He and I were friends and I have had a plant from seed every year since. The door to the log needs a paint job, maybe the faeries can do it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413872[/ATTACH]

Gavin ( in green), and Ian finding the sparkles from the faeries' dress.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]413873[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails faerie-garden2-1-.jpg   finding-sparkles.jpg  
Old 05-16-2013, 01:50 PM

How nice, Janie, to have a fairy garden and two handsome young gentlemen in the garden!!

I leave for errands today and delivery of 16 dozen eggs, and this place gets very chatting. Beautiful MBs; love them! Karen did a great job on yours Janie; like Honchey said, it looks like it should have a star in its name. And Janie, you sent a great one to GrannyQ!!!

Feed store buys eggs when I go to buy feed; my LQS in Kirksville also buys eggs when I go that way...some fabric just followed me home, too. Everyone felt like talking today, so the errands took forever. Local Ben Franklin store is closing; I have been going there for better than 57 years!!...while I was in HS...missed it while we lived elsewhere..and now the grandson's love of his life does not like small town USA life, so they are selling the building. Some of their fabric followed me home as well ....20% and 40% off, my will power weakened. And I can see the shelf in my refrigerator now!! Just 3 dozen duck eggs left.

It must be nice, Honchey, to have a sister that still through the years remain a wonderful sister to run around with and have fun being together. Too many of us do not have that; thought SILs would be but I was so wrong from day one. Bf makes up for it a bit. I think you might be the better looking one of the two of you, but its wonderful you have each other...just priceless!!

DD, a picture of the ducks, please. Does not sound familiar. Will do some gardening outside tomorrow morning with dh. Bf will come down tomorrow afternoon, and we travel to Des Moines Quilt Block on Saturday, rising at 6am. Looking forward to the trip.