Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-11-2013, 07:42 PM

What ever ya'll do I'll follow along & watch from afar. I'm still doin' my PC blocks. But I agree we don't want ta separate, so I'll follow.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 PM

Which Quilting on the Square BOM are you thinking about doing? The current one, or the one we previously downloaded? I'm on the fence with Dear Jane. It seems so similar to the FWS and PC Quilts. I definitely will not be doing 4" blocks! I like the 8" PC blocks much better than the 6" FWS. I have a 50% off coupon for Joanns that I think can be used on the EQ DJ Software. It does not say software cannot be used on the coupon book that just came out. I'm like dublb, I'll follow along with whatever the rest of the group wants.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:38 AM

I agree that DJ is too ambitious an endeavor for me. This is one I'll do a few blocks at a time probably (at my rate) it will take 20 years LOL. Encouragement from the sidelines will help but not force.

I like the latest blocks from QOS. I think making large different sized blocks will be more interesting and one a month allows us to work on other projects and finish (well maybe) some UFOs.

Off to work-have a great day, ladies!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:14 AM

I too would like to do the QOTS current blocks. I printed yesterday and started measuring pieces...I just need to get an idea of how much fabric I might need to see if the FQs I want to use will work. I *might* have some time in the clubhouse this weekend....if not next week for sure.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:18 AM

I too like the current QOS BOM. I've looked at the DJ again and it is sooo ambitious and I agree with Jeanie that it is so similar to the FWS and PC and I still have to work up my bonus blocks and my FWS is languishing and isn't even in rows yet. I will be happy to "review" any and all blocks that DJers make and cheer them on.
Today I pick blackberries/ red raspberries and make jam. It's better than anything found in the stores.
Mirabelle....so sad about the medical system. Is there some kind of government control that prohibits having more doctors/hospitals? I do hope that you can nurse your shoulder along and do enough creative quilting to keep your sanity. Having so many hours with no one else in the house, there has to be something fun to do!
Have a good day everyone!

Last edited by gardnergal970; 07-12-2013 at 04:31 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:29 AM

QE--thought I would share this link to a "blue" DJ I came across:http://www.hawkins.dk/dearjane.htm
Old 07-12-2013, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

Question? Has anyone done any of the QOTS blocks to "test" the pattern? I'd hate us all to get psyched up for the quilt (which I reeeeeeally like!) and then for us to discover that the patterns are poorly made and do not make perfect, smooth square (hexie!) blocks to size!

JanRN ... good thought, one a month .... Did I say that? are we sloooowing down, after our heavy two a week PC and FWS commitments? We must be getting old!

GGal ... you have me drooling over fresh jam. Nothing better! The other day I was eating blackcaps fresh off the canes while visiting a friend. mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

CarrieM ... thanks for the link. A great quilt. Just wish the pics were larger so we could see the detail. What scares me about doing the assorted blues is will I have enough of each colour and then getting the colour placement right.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:42 AM

I signed up for Michele Foster's newletter and face book page and tried to download the 3 blocks in her latest quilt project of different sized blocks..and took a look at what others have done with them. The down load of the three blocks failed, so I selected all and copied them to Microsoft Office word and printed from there. She is a Canadian, Ottawa, Ontario. It is all FREE, and I love that $$$$ amount. Love the project.

Nothing different than we have already done together, just 'packaged' differently...nothing hard that I can see. Much more quickly done than DJ....latter might be a five to ten year project...or permanent UFO.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:52 AM

Finally figured out how to download the first three blocks from her site. She posts new ones every Thursday. There are over 500 people signed up for the current project!!

It takes about 20 fat quarters if you are careful...fat quarter is one half of a half yard...about 18 inches by 22 inches.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Me--I'm just trying to keep up with all the chatter. Later, friends.