Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-15-2013, 08:07 AM

It's rainin'!!!!! More importantly the forecast is for 2"-4" in the next 3 days!!! We haven't had more than 1/2" at a time in 3 years! The temps are suppose ta stay below 80*F till Thurs! We've been at about 100*F for over 3 weeks. DH & I even did our walkin' in it th'smornin'. It was cold. LOL My back feels better when I walk. I came home & curled up in my covers & went right back ta sleep.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:46 AM

I've been following along and am on the Spike your English from QOS. I don't have any idea what fabrics I will use. I like Anael's idea of starting in September. Probably two a month too since I HATE waiting for the next pattern of a BOM and will probably work ahead any way. Remember I like the piecing part of quilting. I think we should have the name of the quilt in the thread title so more people would understand what we are about. Initials can be misleading. I'm sewing my WW into rows and have to decide how I will quilt it but really don't want to mess with batting while it is so hot. This is the first day of the summer when it is officially over 90 degrees and is very humid. My DH's DGD and BF came in last night and will be leaving tomorrow morning. Thankfully she took him out to visit others and we can get recharged. We live such a quiet, simple life!
OK...glad you are back safe and sound. QNS...feeling better doesn't mean going full bore. Smell the roses a little. Honchey...I've only been riding since the PC started but have thoroughly enjoyed the fellowship. You've all made me a better quilter! DD...beautiful block! Dibib...you need to complain to your post office. Someone is stashing mail someplace and delivering it whenever they please...if they ever please. Glad you're getting some rain. Carrie....how did the first block of SYE come out? Janie....such self control! Still want to see what you're working on. QuiltE...isn't it nice to gain from other's experience? Good job JanRN. Mirabelle...I looked up the quilt your DH likes. I really like it too. What colors will you use? Anael...glad you can enjoy your little ones. Loving like that makes them grow! A few minutes if quiet, to the sewing machine I go. Check in later.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:41 AM

GG, when you do 4 BOM's it's like a BOW I do several BOM's and hate waiting and managed to fall behind on two LOL.

Today, for the first time in 2 weeks, I made a block ! ! ! I wanted to make another one but went to ride my bike instead Maybe tonight!
Tomorrow I will have company, so no sewing.

DD, yes, it was afternoon here already when I wrote my post. It's 7.40 pm here now.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:37 PM

Has this every happened to any of you......I got the border on my 2nd half PC quilt, and low and behold, I don't like it at all. The border fabric has all the colors of the quilt in it and I thought it would be perfect, but the background of the fabric is an off-black color and I think it is just too dark. UGH.....Guess I'll have to rip it out and re-think a border. Shoot!!!!!

The good news is that the Contractor is going to start on my kitchen on Wednesday or Thursday! Finally!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:38 PM

I'm so excited-I think I'm the first to receive my MB this month and it is awesome. Thank you, Mirab. The block is called Rock Stars and the black fabric and white fabric have shooting stars. I hope the pic does it justice because it is beautiful.[ATTACH=CONFIG]424127[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mirab.jpg  
Old 07-15-2013, 01:47 PM

Perfect!!!:thu mbup: Five out of four for a perfect score. Now, lets have a picture with all that you have received, please...JanRN.

Great news, Jeanie. A start is good!!

Have sent a photo of my MB July to gift to Anael for approval; and she did.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:03 PM

Oh Jan & Mirabelle, What a gorgeous Block!! How unique...This is the time of the month when the fun begins!!! Oh how I can't wait to see more!!!!

Last edited by Honchey; 07-15-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:09 PM

Hello All!

D_D--that is a nice block you sent Bev...great colors/fabrics.

Mirabelle--another great black/white combo for Jan...good job.

Ggal--I got fabrics chosen for the SYE block and paper sections cut out. I should be home all day tomorrow so will get fabric cut and maybe start pp'ing. I just need a background fabric which I will pick up on Wednesday when I work.

I went to the doctor today for my shoulder she said it is either tendonitis or bursitis...same treatment for both: physical therapy. My regular PT is booked all week but I am on the cancellation list so hope to get a call sooner than later. It has been very hard not sewing much the last 3 weeks.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:15 PM

Oh Jan & Mirabelle - that block is wonderful! What a gorgeous quilt Jan is going to have with those blocks!

Carrie, I'm glad that your diagnosis on your shoulder is something that can be "fixed" with PT. That is certainly good news! I'm surprised they did not put you on an anti-inflamatory!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:42 PM

DDamsel - Hi to you toooooo!!, love the block you made for Dublb, what is the name of it..

Anael - I failed Art class on High School, couldn't draw stick people to save my life my art teacher told me I was a lost cause to the art world

JanieW so sorry you won't be joining us on our next journey but please do stay with us and cheer us on from the sidelines, otherwise we will miss you

Bev so glad you are getting rain, it has been raining here for 2 days, but we either get torrential downpours or fine misty rain, its the fine misty rain at the moment, just annoying as it has brought the cold weather with it.

Ggal I will make the quilt for DH in blues and creams, I have enough in my stash so that's an added bonus

JeanieG border fabric that won't play nice happens all the time, its why we have to buy more fabric that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

JanRN I am so pleased that you liked the block, hope it goes well with your others.

Carriem I am sorry to hear that you have bursitis, shoulder pain is no fun but it won't defeat us...

Had fun in my sewing room yesterday, DD gave me a bag of scraps last time I sew her so I spent the day sorting them out and sewing Wild and Goosey blocks, I now have 36 blocks made, (don't get excited they are only 3 inches) so need a lot more. Also had the embroidery machine purring along while I sewed. Today I have managed to get all the laundry done, dusted and mopped the house so NOW it is time to hide out in my sewing room again..
Have a great day everyone.

Only 20 more posts to go for the big 5,000 and party time