Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 07-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Power Poster

Good News! I finished quilting the one that I was having so many problems with last night.
Fiddled and switched up a few things and then all of a sudden everything was working just fine.
THANKS LADIES for your input to help me figure it out.
And the more I was doing it, the more FUN I was having.
Just need to keep doing enough FMQ regularly, to keep in the swing of it.
Even got started hand sewing the binding.

I mailed my MB to Miss July, today! (not quite the earlybird that MiraB is!)

DDamsel ... Sew Good to SEE you around these parts! Would you please have a chat with that postie so you can get JanRN's MB!

JanieW
... Also Sew Good to see you! Yes, extreme heat here again, and looks like it's with us for the rest of the week! Were you Stampeding, last week? I watched it every chance I got and kept thinking of you! Still lots of time for you to change your mind on the SYO blocks! I had no clue what Pork Adobo was ... found a recipe and looks delicious!

DublB
... Happy Rain!

GGal ... Enjoy DHDGD+BF! Though I know what you mean as to how visitors affect us, when we are used to being on our own. You are SO right ... I know this group has had such a positive influence on my quilting. And a great place to go when I need to send an SOS (like last night!) I know I am truly blessed with all my FWS and PC friends!

Anael .. yea for your bike! Did you take your camera? Do you ride around your town? Are there trails? Out into the countryside? Have FUN, and be safe!

JeanieG .. oh I can relate all too well about that. BEfore borders, I have such a terrible time of visualizing fabrics made into something. Unfortunately, I do not always see the wrong mixes in the early stages with a few blocks made and often not, until it's all together. Wish I could have that "eye" that some have! Maybe you should show it to all of us, and maybe someone would have an idea as to how to "save" it? Great news that you're soon going to see some action!

JanRN and MiraB ... what a wonderful block! And even with the star theme continued right thru all the fabrics.

CarrieM ... OUCH! I don;t like hearing that you're injured now too.

MiraB ... Art was such a disaster for me in elementary school, so I didn't take it in High School. Looks like you had a more than productive day!

Good Night Ladies!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:50 PM

Mirabelle, you're not a lost cause to the quilting world so you can quilt your food

QuiltE, I'm out into the countryside. No fun to ride around the village. I only do that when I have to run errands

Jeanie, pictures please Maybe we can help you picking a border. Great news the contractor is starting soon. It's about time!!

Carrie, take care!

Jan and Mirabelle, beautiful block! Of course I've seen it before

Update on Bram: he will have surgery but no idea when. So not much has changed there except the doctors agreed it's time to have it done.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:48 AM

!!!Goodmorning Ladies!!! "Afternoon Aneal"

I was soooo excited to open my mailbox yesterday! and pull out an envelope and tear it open! and then I read the note and it is not from Jan it was my July from Carrie!!!!! THANKS Carrie it is beautiful!!!

Yes the block I made is from quilterscache called "middlestar" it was an 8" so I enlarged it Dh usuall dosent think Im funny when I TRY to be whitty, but that one made him giggle

HERE is my block from Carrie and all four together, ENJOY!
Attached Thumbnails 100_2837.jpg   100_2838.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013, 06:19 AM

Like Honchey, I love this time of this month when we see all of the creative, beautiful blocks.
Jan and DD....such nice blocks to add to your quilt. I have to take a picture and get Anael's approval and mine will go in the mail this week so ......won't be the last to get hers like I did last month.
QuiltE...how nice that FMQing is starting to feel natural. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all develops.
Carrie...sorry about your shoulder but glad that PT will help it. I have missed seeing what you've been working on.
Anael...how big of a village do you live in? Is your son in a more metropolitan city? I'm glad that Bram is gaining size and strength so he can have the necessary surgery.
Dubib...enjoy the rain. It makes everything smell so fresh. Any news on the house?
Jeanie...borders can be such foolers sometimes and the right one makes such a difference. Horray for hammers! Can't wait to see the completed redo. You are taking pictures I hope.
Mirabelle..... What are the wild goosey blocks going to become or are you just doing mindless sewing? Blue and cream will make a beautiful quilt for your DH.
i worked on my Ocean Waves yesterday and discovered that I had made the center square 1/4 inch too small on a few of them. Reverse sewing! No wonder it wasn't going together like it should. I have enough blocks done to see how it will go together and I really like it. It's just tedious with all the HST's. Thangles really help and thanks to you guys, I can now make my own with news print. I'll do more of them today until I get tired of them and then pick up something else. Another hot and humid day so I'll be close to a fan. Have a good one everyone!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:43 AM

D_D--I thought I would send your July MB early since it was done and you hadn't got your June one yet. Hopefully Jan's will show up soon and you will get 2 this month.

I can't remember the name of the block I made for D_D. I didn't write it down when I made it and now can't find it.

Ggal--since I haven't been able to show anything new, you'll have to share some pictures with us of your project progress.

Off to the clubhouse....
Old 07-16-2013, 08:22 AM

D_D...All I can say is WOW...WOW...and more WOW !!!

I'm glad I got back online this morning...I've been busy packing the car for out trip back home to NJ...
I don't know where all the stuff comes from

I'll be traveling all day tomorrow from 6 a.m. on so I might see y'all tomorrow...maybe not...

I'm hoping to see more blocks on Thursday???

Last edited by Honchey; 07-16-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:34 AM

D_D great job of matching that Carrie did! Love it.

That dang Farmer's Scraps is hiding from me, Again! Found part of it but there's another tub still to be found. Wonder if it is sign I am suppose to do other quilts first? Labeling all the tubs with a paper inside the tub, so I can look up and see 'what' it is, instead of guessing what it is inside the tub. Heavy tubs on the bottom, or on the floor. QR is comin' around to being 'organized' . Wow. Don't know how long it will last! LOL!!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

It must be the heat ... I posted, I swear I posted ............... I was #4987 as I commented there were 12 to go.

Here I go again!

Anael ... how nice you can get out of town and run wild in the open! Hope you have a large saddlebag for trips to your LQS. Best wishes to Bram whenever the time comes for his surgery. All the growing and strengthening he has done will have him better prepared. You really should show us a pic of your wheels!

DDamsel and CarrieM ... Great addition, and I am intrigued as to how you will put them all together! id you hav a pep talk with that postrie about JanRN's MB. Now run to your mailbox ISO it today!

GGal ... yes feeling natural, and then there are the natural hiccups that help to keep me humble!!!

Honchey ... Oh dear ... you might miss the 5000 party! Happy packing ... and travel safely!!

QNSue ... instead of the labels on the inside of the tub, I label with painters tape on the outside, so I can see what is in there.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 AM

Mine tubs are see-though tubs...except my eye sight is not what it used to be, therefore, I print extra large sized letters on the paper inside the tub, QuiltE.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:17 AM

DD - you asked for scrappy and you sure got it! Wonderful!!!