Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 525 of 969 FirstFirst ... 25 425 475 515 524 525 526 535 575 625 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,250 of 9685

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Freezer-Coleslaw-4. Here is the link to the recipe I use. This is particularly yummy when it is about half thawed. I'll take a picture of the mystery quilt when I get this step finished.
    I've bee thinking about how the SYE will make a quilt top and I remembered one of my classes with hexagons....we used 3 different colors of fabric strips and framed each one but alternated how the strips were used....3 sets in all...and it made interlocking sashing which really is attractive. That would eliminate the final corner rectangles on the blocks. If anyone is interested in more detail, let me know. It would require either more pieced blocks or focus fabric blocks to make a square quilt since these will nest in alternating rows. I haven't decided just how I will do that. Can you tell I'm planning for tomorrow????

Thanks for the link GG! I will go and have a look if my killer kitty will let me

Name:  25.07.2013.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  210.1 KB

I didn't think about the SYE but that's just me. I always start a new project without thinking about borders and backing or even how to put the top together.
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Name:  DSCN0413.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  442.3 KB Octagon shapes put together with 60 degree triangles, thus the green forms the background in this stack and whack quilt...am I close to what you are thinking, GardenGal? If not, please show when you do get it worked out. Thank you. And thanks for the freezer slaw recipe; I will try that this year.

Anael, looks like your killer cat is claiming the 'mouse'!! and the keyboard! LOL!!

She's trying QNS but this time I won
    Did you make the stack and whack quilt? It's gorgeous!

Love the pictures of your kids, OK and Carrie. Such cuties. I have 2 granddaughters and 4 grandsons. Of them all I have 2 grandsons who are interested in sewing. The girls love what I make but are not even remotely interesting in seeing how they are made. The oldest GD is mildly interested in hand sewing.

My son has had his 7th hailstorm of the year. This one was a doozy. The ones on a plate in the background have a loonie (dollar coin) for size comparison. The one in the hand is in my son's hand which is not small. He said it hailed for 20 minutes and his greenhouse withstood it. His truck, not so much.

Name:  hail.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  98.9 KB

Oh my Janie, those are bigggggggggggg. We're supposed to have hailstorms too in the next few days but I hope it won't be that bad!!

JanieW ... great group! Nice floor!!! My oh My about that hail! Thankfully I've never seen any so huge here. How hard hit was his truck?

GGal ... looks like you;re planning lots of stocking up with your FART tmro! Freezer Slaw ... how interesting. So does it stay crispy? Similar recipe to how my Mom used to make slaw that she kept in the frig for weeks on end. I have many favourite recipes from your same source, Taste of Home.

Anael ... Killer Kitty looks like it would be more apty named Passive Pussy!

QNSue ... a beautiful kaleido quilt! Yours?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hahahahahahaha QuiltE..... I won't tell her you said that

The quilt we made, and it was a gifted to a good friend of dh who taught with him a number of years in the same building in Texas. She has retired, and her daughter and dh has moved her to Oklahoma, and so my dh has lost track of her, much to his dismay. Pink Flamingos had a special meaning to her, therefore when I seen the fabric it shouted "Karen Hall" to me. She was a very neat lady, very kind to my dh, and I hope she is doing well and enjoying the quilt.

All 10 dozen ears of corn plus are all done and in the freezer. Hurrah!

Janie, that is some hail stone!

Page 525 of 969 FirstFirst ... 25 425 475 515 524 525 526 535 575 625 ... LastLast