Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 528 of 976 FirstFirst ... 28 428 478 518 527 528 529 538 578 628 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 9755

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

OJ Bars ... why not give it a try?

How be both of you do it ... and then we can have a taste-off in the RV!!!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

QNS--great idea to call nearby churches. Youth groups are often looking ways to volunteer in their community...of course the reward of pizza would probably be good incentive too.

Bev-not sure how far apart your two houses are, but you could have kids from a church close to your old house help load and then have a group near your new house unload. You could donate a portion of what you would have paid the movers to each group.

Off to mix up some oj bars, then get kids up to do some school. I started with two younger ones (11 and 13) this week. Oldest (15) goes back to school Aug 21st.

School is done (only doing about half of their subjects for a couple weeks) and so are the bars. I added more like 3/4c of the OJ since I knew it wasn't going to be as strong as 1/4c lemon juice. They turned out gooey and yummy, just still not as much flavor as I would have liked. Too bad I didn't have some of QNS's orange zest to throw in there. Oh well we all like them and I don't think they will last long.

Now to wash dishes and head to the clubhouse....

Little corn starch in the OJ before blending it in might have helped....add corn starch to cold ingredients never hot to thicken things. I use it in making fresh pies, although others use tapioca instead.

I'm going to try tomorrow. Maybe lemon mixed with OJ and like QNS said, a bit corn starch.
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Does the corn starch bring out the flavor of the OJ? Or just help to thicken?

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    Does the corn starch bring out the flavor of the OJ? Or just help to thicken?
    No it won't flavour it ... only thicken.

I had been thinking about this, this afternoon, and was thinking the flavour wouldn't be as potent as lemon juice would be.
    Wonder? ... perhaps use frozen orange juice concentrate (before adding the required water). It'd be colourful, plus have a lot more flavour.

Here is some more eye candy for all of you! DD sent me this beautiful MB, which arrived today. She said it is from Quilter's Cache, and is called "Old Favorite". Also here is a photo of all five!

QuiltE - Yes I think the orange concentrate would work much better than just orange juice. Sounds yummy!

Anael - what gorgeous countryside you get to bike through. I am so scared to ride a bike in town, but in the country I'd go in a heartbeat!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

YAY! Jeanie Im glad your new MB made it safely to its new home

CONGRATS on the new grandbaby the name made me smile! Hannah Jean was THE top most name on the list for our last child she ended up with a similar variation!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

DDamsel and JeanieG ... oohlala! The more I see batiks like this, the more I am falling in lover with batiks! And to think DDamsel tried to tell use that she was running late on this!!!

Any more MBs??
    (I think there are quite a few which have not arrived to their new homes.)

(sorry ... I didn't get to the PO today ... do you think it is there looking for me? Tmro for sure .......)

Page 528 of 976 FirstFirst ... 28 428 478 518 527 528 529 538 578 628 ... LastLast