Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 08-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

CarrieM ... this Spike is a stand alone as I am hoping to have it finished for the display. Though I am thinking of using the yellow as my constant background. Sure wish I knew exactly how much fabric is needed, so I don't start sweating about it later.

GrannyQ and OkSGlad ... another great block, to add to the collection!

GrannyQ ... The lavender is so pretty on the black ... now to add a lavender top underneath?

MiraB ... my goodness, you have more eye candy for us! So how did you get the embroidery to match the border fabric? And who is the special person that will receive this one?

And me? ... hoping to get out of the office early today ... and get at my latest project!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 AM

GrannyQ...love the new block!! Here is something for all of the ag people in this PC ride. Couldn't resist. Others will enjoy it too. http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...s-t227510.html
Old 08-09-2013, 09:35 AM

GardenGal, that is an interesting video; I kept thinking it was a man driving the tractor, but it made it sound like a woman in the video. Maybe he is a 'closet' quilter. Not all men want to admit to sewing or crocheting. Although mine does sew, quilt and crochets and admits it to everyone. Poor dh is now facing the fact over the next few months he will become toothless...and will be fitted with a denture in the next year. We can 'gum' things together..LOL!! I have had dentures since I was 21, so not too sympathetic to his woes.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:39 AM

JanRN has a box not to be opened in the closet with blocks she doesn't like and Mirabelle has a closet full of tops she like magic pulls out to quilt!!! She has the elves working overtime !!!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the MB comments on GrannyQ's block--It's called Hand Weave and is in EQ7. Just got done mowing lawn-need to make a quick dinner--BLT's sound good.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:12 AM

Popping in to say hello! Lovely little mini, Gladie, looks just like you! And those red,black and white blocks are stunning!! Love the patterns you all used on them. Take care, I'm off and running. Nancy.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
GrannyQ...love the new block!! Here is something for all of the ag people in this PC ride. Couldn't resist. Others will enjoy it too. http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...s-t227510.html
Our first farm, we had this one big big field ... and oh my, how long and boring those strips were, even with no GPS guidance. And I suspect this woman has even bigger fields she's covering. Great Multi-Tasking!

This is definitely something for OKSGlad to consider!

Here's a link to her blog ... I haven't spent a lot of time looking yet, but it does have more of her story
http://chainstitchers.blogspot.ca/

OKSGlad ... mmmm BLTs, my favourite sandwich (and with "real" tomatoes, not the winter "plastic" ones! And my most favourite salad, just happens to be a BLT Salad!

Honchey ... yes, I sometimes wonder if MiraB has Santa's Elves employed in their off season! And in your Spike reading, did you see that we now have MiraBs'DD along with us?

JillNJo ... good to "see" you ... do drop in again. Maybe you'd care to join us in ....
http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...g-t227252.html
(and drag OKSGlad along, too! ... me-thinks she needs an extra nudge!)
Old 08-09-2013, 04:21 PM

YIkes, she is a quilter and farmer's wife, that can multi-task with the best of them. Beautiful results.

Cut out my MB for --------today and looking at it. Maybe tomorrow I can work up the courage to do work on the new embroidery machine...maybe even try a test drive.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

What a fun video to watch--afraid it wouldn't fly very well here--I live in the hills with lots of small odd shaped fields. I'd be tripping over fence rows constantly-have enough trouble as it is.
Hey another flimsy done. Blocks are 1 1/2". Binding will be the red as in the first border. Now onto the next one. Made 2x as many HST's so may use those--we'll see. A rail fence is calling too. [ATTACH=CONFIG]429353[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails hib-point.jpg  
Old 08-09-2013, 04:28 PM

I just looked at the video of the tractor & handcrank....it reminded me of he time we lost electric for a couple of days and I pulled out my Singer 66, no handcrank but when you turned the handwheel it would spin so nicely and I would get 6 to 8 stitches...I did that for a couple of hours by candlelight until my arm gave out...I think I might just turn it into a handcrank...It does have the spoked hand wheel so it shouldn't be too hard...

QuiltE, I did see the post where Mirab_DD ? signed up...I'm wondering now if Mirabelle will behave herself...

just a note: 561 posts pushing 600??? 39 to go...

Good to see everyone dropping in...Have all the MB's for July been posted??? It seems I can't keep track...
I just took a photo of the tomatoes my sister gave me...I have to put them on my old, old cp to get them uploaded...I can't do it on the one I'm currently on...

Nothing like a ripe Jersey tomato on fresh white bread with a big slather of Hellmanns Mayo on it...I had one the other day and I was in heaven!!!!

I have the fabric & pattern for my August MB and now it has to be put together..I would talk more about it but if I do that, the person that's getting it might know it's for them...it's no fun knowing ahead of time ...is it?...ha ha ha...

Just saw Ok's post...Oh what a beautiful mini or flimsy???? I saw the earlier one posted too....lot's of patience to do quilts that small..How big are they Ok? do you follow patterns or just wing it?

Last edited by Honchey; 08-09-2013 at 04:35 PM.