Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 08-16-2013, 08:06 PM

Karen--sounds like you are moving right along on your RA quilt.

OK--have fun at the fair! Great block from Janie...looks good with the others too.

Honchey--bummer that the PPing isn't going well. Good thing we start the SYE soon so you can get back in practice.

Bev--can't wait to see the double border on your MB. Mine is in the envelope, just need to look up the address and put in the mail box.

It is looking like we will be around home this weekend so I get to spend some time in the clubhouse while DH and DS work in the shop....they are organizing things.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:20 PM

Just sent my MB for _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ to Anael...If she approves I won't go to the LQS tomorrow...or maybe I'll just go and browse.....I didn't make the other one I thought about doing...I would like to get my September MB done..I need more practice for the Spike Quiltalong...I need to add several more colors for it..got to go digging in the pile...
Old 08-16-2013, 09:02 PM

I got a beautiful block from Mirabelle today (thank you Mirabelle, I love it). I'll take a photo on Sunday! Also finished my Bonus Block Wall Hanging. I did it QAYG, and I think it turned out really good.

I'm taking a FMQ class at a quilt shop in a town about 15 miles North of us tomorrow.
I figure I need all the help I can get. We do not have a quilt or fabric store in my town (both sold out several years ago). I have to travel or order stuff online.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:09 PM

OkSewglad what a beautiful set of blocks you have, they go so well together

Carriem I started the FMQ today and my tension was off on the first block so am unpicking, I have cream thread on top and light blue in the bobbin, it looked like blue dots all over the block Played with the tension and finished 2 more blocks, but what takes 15 minutes to quilt takes 2 hours to unpick that's the job for in front of the telly tonight.

JeanieG I am so happy you liked the block, I made it quite a while ago and admired it on my design wall every day, think it would make a great quilt...

Now back to unpicking
Old 08-17-2013, 04:55 AM

Janie, that's a beautiful block you make for OK. What a lovely quilt that's going to make.

Um, Anne, I remember you giving me some advice to "measure twice, cut once"--are you following your own advice LOL? Me, I still do the "hack & whack" method. I did the opposite of you. I hadn't regular pieced a block in awhile, hooked on pp so have been doing that. I forgot how accurate you have to be when you're cutting out a block to regular piece. The first one got tossed and I had to start over.

Carrie, can't wait to see your quilt finished-love it.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:04 AM

progress seems to be going on with everyone this morning and that makes good reading on a Saturday morning.

Love your mb from Janie, OksewGlad. We will all be in the virtual RV, Ok, applauding you and your dh receiving your 4-H award.

Now to figure out how to move that 175 pound sewing cabinet from DM to our home. Don't have any 6 foot strong farm grandsons...LOL!! When there is a will, there is a way; just do not know the answer right now. Ladies run the shop, no help there. My dh and bf dh cannot lift that much weight. Bf and I are not super women either. Then after we do get it here, it has to be unloaded. And put together.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:11 AM

When I picked out the fabric for the block I wasn't planning on using that fabric for that section....after looking at it I wanted to use it and realized I wasn't as careful in cutting it up...I think it turned out great anyway...

i guess when I was working I was doing so much "easy sewing"...going back to pping I should have eaten my Wheaties....I had to stop & think about the this way or that way with the fabric...then I couldn't find my 1/4" ruler for the trimming...the shortest ruler I had was 14"..try using that on the little 6" mat on the corner of the machine cabinet....It took me all day & night to do this block with lunch & dinner in between...I hope the gal getting it loves it as much as I do...I might even make a few more using different colorways...I'll be mailing it on Monday....

Very pretty block Ok, Those little center squares just pop out..reminds me of eyes looking at you!!!
Take a little rest Dublb...You've done an awful lot this past month...

I can't wait to see the your MB Jeanie...take the photo today

Last edited by Honchey; 08-17-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:12 AM

QNS....you're probably on your way already but I think unpacking the crate there and wrapping the pieces in blankets might work. I've done that already. Good luck. At least unpack the crate and move it into the house one piece at a time.

my MB block is done and I will mail it later this week when I get back home. OK... Love the way your quilt is being "built" from all around the world!

Last edited by gardnergal970; 08-17-2013 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:21 AM

Gee Whiz Mirabelle, Haven't you trained those "Elves" to use the seam ripper yet???
Old 08-17-2013, 07:24 AM

Apparently, Honchey, the 'elves' are afraid of the 'frogs'. Or skipped the 101 class on ripping. LOL!!

Ok Love your new block and the collection together is outstanding, indeed!.

Finally got the measurements of the crate...23 1/2 by 32 1/2 by 62 1/2 inches long. That will go into my van just fine. We have hauled so many pieces of furniture for our kids to various places with our van; in and out of college, then to rentals, etc., Don't have to lift the whole weight, just tip it just right and slide it in on cardboard. Problem solved!!!