Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 589 of 997 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 579 588 589 590 599 639 689 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 9969

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Jan--sounds like you had a great time shopping! Were you able to find the light/white batik you were looking for? I checked and it will be in the shop late Sept/early Oct. if you still need it by then.

QNS--sorry to hear you are feeling so run down. Praying you can rest and your energy is restored.

Jeanie--great quilting...the flowers look good. The blue binding was a good choice.

We were busy at work today...glad to get off my feet tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN View Post
    DD picture a fire hydrant in a flowing skirt & scarf LOL!!!!!
    teehee oh that was too easy you DO look wonderful dear!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

We went ta the other house & did some more movin' again taday. When we got home I kinda crashed here in my chair & haven't moved yet. LOL I did git my MB in the mail taday! I'll take a pict tamarrow. It's so purdy!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    What a fantastic block Jan! Honchey it's just beautiful. Can't you see it in yellow/orange rays and blue bars diagonally across the corners in batiks? OBTW--"oink oink" went to market and cried Whee (yeah) Whee all the way home. Always like to get bargain FQ's!

QNS learning something new keeps us young! Such a bright cheery block from Carrie and a bunch of them make a stunning quilt. Thanks for sharing the link Carrie.

QE--Love how one suggestion (re:feedsack>burlap) sparks another idea. Would also add an nice texture--it comes in colors too.

Anael--how are you feeling?

GrannyQ your blocks make such a wonderful RWB grouping--and such a different colorway sent onto QE. Looks nice in her flower bed and equally so in amongst her other blocks.

Jeanie such a charming quilt. Yes the blue binding pulls the blue out of the fabrics as it helps to downplay the bright pop of red.

Okay I started writing this before Bev posted her message and finally getting this posted. Talked for over 90 minutes with my sister tonight! Good night all.

Oh--classification went very well. Younger animals did well and two of our Excellent scored cows had points raised a 90 to 91 pts and a 92 to 93 pts. The 93 pt cow is the highest we have ever had. And then a favorite of mine at 12 years and 3 months went 90 points. When an older cow like that scores so well it's a pat on the back that she has stood the test of time and she's still a beauty queen! FYI the point system is based on practical body features that should ideally ensure a long lasting life.

Now good night!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Well I went ahead & took the picts O' my MB's.
    Name:  MB Aug (from Gardnergal).jpg
Views: 73
Size:  527.9 KB
    Ain't just about perfect?
    Name:  MB (First7 tagether).jpg
Views: 66
Size:  712.3 KB
    And they all go tagether so well!!

It amaizes me how we can have some general guidelines & come up w/such wonderful blocks that go tagether so well!!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Hi ladies,
    I'm back Yesterday I felt so bad, took meds to lower the fever, couldn't go to bed as my youngest brother was here. Today I'm ok again

Bev, gorgeous blocks, they really go so well together!

Jeanie, your quilt is beautiful! I love all those colours

OK, congrats on the classifications!
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

JeanieG that quilt is beautiful and the quilting is just perfect, well done. The blue was the best choice for the binding, isn't is great when it all comes together.

Bev your grouping of blocks, wow, picking up jaw off the floor and am I imagining it or are you doing a little dance, "put the right foot in and shake it all about"

NinaSue take care of yourself and rest if you have to, you have been so busy lately.

Oksewglad well done on your classifications
    Anael I am pleased to hear you are feeling better..
    Karen

Dublb, what a great block that fits right in!!

Anael, so glad you are feeling better. Maybe the visit from brother was good medicine, too!!

OK, Good Report!! Now celebrate your success!!

Carrie, thanks, but I have not earned my 'salt' since seeing the eye doctor and going to DM. My eye is still swollen from the examine. Bf's dh thought we both looked very bad and worn out when we came back from DM. Still recovering from that and this week will be a HOT one which really wears me out. Have to go on Tuesday for hair cuts at ten, then we can hibernate back in our house as two grumpy old bears!!

Pretty quilt & colorful, gorgeous MB blocks this Sunday Morning!!! what more could I ask for today...it's also going to be a great day!!! can't ask for better weather..cool temps & the sun is shining... Ok the MB yoiu made for Bev is so striking...it wants to make you touch it to see if the blades are actually raised or flat...

My youngest GS turned 5 yesterday and Grandma is going to have a surprise birthday cake & hang balloons from the dining room chandelier..they love to play with them after..better than any toy!!!

Anael & QNS...take it easy & rest...that's the best medicine...

Now I have to go blow up some balloons....Have a great day everyone!!!!

Thanks friends

I made a few Sylvia blocks today, or I should say some replacements. Sylvia does have blocks I told myself to never make those again. Yesterday I purchased The Loyal Union Sampler Book as E-Book and I found some nice blocks. Here they are:
    Name:  B5BeakonLightsLUS (453 x 454).jpg
Views: 61
Size:  81.9 KB
    This one is called Beacon Lights
    Name:  B1Granny'sFavoriteLUS (478 x 468).jpg
Views: 62
Size:  96.4 KB
    This is Granny's Favorite
    Name:  H1NewHampshireLUS (447 x 451).jpg
Views: 60
Size:  62.4 KB
    and this is New Hampshire.

Looking at the blocks I made I think I have to add one more colour because only blues and greens is a bit boring. What about yellow? I first thought pink but my first Sylvia has lots of pink so they would look almost the same.

QuiltE, the fabrics I bought was about 1 KG packed as a bundle so I couldn't see what was in it. Big surprise There were only two very small pieces I can't use. So yes, it was kind of a mystery buy
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Page 589 of 997 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 579 588 589 590 599 639 689 ... LastLast