Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 09-02-2013, 07:06 AM

All of you have been busy, busy, busy and I have been busy, busy, busy with the GK and DS...Now I will be busy, busy, busy packing for the trip to NC... I have all my fabric together for several different projects, MB, SYE and another...I hope to make some progress on them...

Anael, You quilt is beautiful and seeing all the blocks you've been showing for it together is breathtaking...I kid you not!!!

Jan, You're still young & healthy enough to do what you feel is best for you..I gave up my hours and am now called in when needed and I happen to like it that way...I just let them know when I'll be unavailable and they work their time off around it....and if I ever get to move to DE..the Gallery there would like me to work for them occasionally also...

GGal,Ouch!!! toes hurt!! tape the big toe to the injured one..it helps to stabilize it...

QNS... What a cute quilt & photo of you & DH...at first I couldn't see the window

Carrie...MB blocks look great together..what color sashing will you use???

I'm off to get the Spike thread together for posting at midnight tonight so I can pack my CP..I did get a new one & Windows 8 is not my friend right now...
Have a good holiday everyone and will check in later...H.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:28 AM

Ggal--Sorry to hear about the toe! Hope you are getting lots of sewing in while resting.

Jan--I can't help you much having never worked full time outside the home. I would say maybe cutting back to 1 day a week would keep you busy (and help pay for those FARTS). On the other days you can make friends with S-16 (once she's running again).

Honchey--Have a great trip and get lots of sewing in. I haven't decided on sashing for my MBs yet, but I have been thinking about it....
Old 09-02-2013, 11:53 AM

Oh I wish I had time ta post ta each o' ya'll!!! I just love your quilt Anael! (I have loved watchin' it grow. ) I have loved seein' what everybody has posted, that is in progress!
I will go dove huntin' th'sevenin' just like I did last night. (A family tradition. ) I'm gonna will head out ta my retreat a day early. I'm leavin' on Wed afternoon. I will hunt tamarrow night also. I"ve gotta git everythin' packed a day earlier!
I did finish Gretchen last week I just realized that I haven't posted her.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433735[/ATTACH]

Well I guess I'd better start packin' & gittin' ready for my retreat.
Attached Thumbnails pc-gretchen.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 01:29 PM

Oh My Anael, there are not words to express how wonderful that quilt is. It is so interesting, you could look at it for an hour and still see something you missed. WOW!!! You did an amazing job with it! That applique, no way could I have done that quilt.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:31 PM

Lots of chatting this morning,
Ggal I hope it is not the pedal foot, that might make sewing painful

JanRN you will make the decision that is right for you, I had always worked full time but when we moved interstate DH and I decided that I would retire as we were finally in a better financial position and it took some adjustments, I was "lost" for a while but now am happy playing with my fabric when I want to and not just in stolen minutes on weekends. Think about what YOU want...

Bev I love the Gretchen block, I made a Gretchen quilt in late 2003, it was Thanksgiving weekend and I spent the weekend in Alice Springs doing a class with Kaye England from the States. She is a fabulous teacher and a lovely lady. Still have the quilt,

Now I am off to the Post Office to release another MB
Old 09-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

Oh mirabelle you are always one step ahead of us. I'm just thinking about my Sept MB and yours is off in the mail--granted yours always has a long way to travel!!
Nice block dublb!
Ouch! Lucky GGal it wasn't on the pedal to the metal foot!
Carrie watch that shoulder--okay.
Jan--good thoughts to you as you make this decision. Only you can decide which way to go; make the one that fits for you.

So I've been messing around with little things again. One quilt guild friend gives me a nice bag of scraps and kindly requests "one of your little ones"; so I make her a flimsy now and again from some of her fabrics. She made a beautiful one patch posy from the fabrics in this little shoo fly. This finishes just under 11" and will work perfectly on a 12" wire stand. Enjoy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433788[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 015.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 03:22 PM

Oksewglad that is so cute, you certainly know how to turn little bits into things of beauty..
Old 09-02-2013, 03:42 PM

Lucky friend to receive this "little one" from you, OK!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:53 PM

OKSEWGLAD=====your mini's are awesome. You certainly have a talent for making miniatures. I would be happy to give you a bag of my scraps and getting a mini in return! OR your secret on how you make them.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:32 PM

OK, your flimsy is so cute...what size seams do you sew for the little mini's?

Dublb your Gretchen turned out perfect...great job! What do you do with the quail??? they are so little....