Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 09-11-2013, 05:18 PM

Mirabelle ...you must be my twin...I need to keep my hands busy or I do the same thing!!!

The pattern is from Red Heart and I found it online it's called "Corner to Corner Throw" and you can download the pattern for free...I used baby varigated yarn... I just made it as wide as I wanted it then decreased one cluster on the same side until the desired length then decrease every row each side... I'm now decreasing each row both sides..after you get the pattern down pat you don't even have to look at the directions any more...

Last edited by Honchey; 09-11-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

I gave all my knitting needles away; but couldn't part with the crochet hooks--so many of them from my mom. Crocheting is really hard on my hands so choose not to do it. I liked to but so enjoy making itty bitty blocks instead

Have 4 of the grands tonight. About 6:00 got a call from DIL. DGD#3 fell off the steps to the slide and hopefully only sprained her ankle. So off they go to Urgent Care--had to run to town to pick up DGD#2 as she had stayed with a friend after school and went to AWANA. Just not in my plans for the evening!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:18 PM

Hi OK, I can't use crochet thread anymore..fingers just don't bend that way anymore...I have to try some itty bitty blocks someday...Lord knows I have enough scraps & strips...
Old 09-11-2013, 06:30 PM

Like many others have said there are too many posts to comment to everyone. I hope that those who are in pain can get some relief soon! I too am struggling...still my shoulder. PT is recommending an MRI to primary doctor who has to make the official call to "order it". I am definitely stronger than I was when I started seeing her, but still have this "catch" when I move my arm certain ways...it sends pain down my arm. PT did say in the mean time I can try 2 hours of sewing in a day to see if that makes it flare up like it was before. Should have a little time tomorrow, but won't get to try the full "allowed" time until Friday.

I haven't done any crocheting for years. When I was first married I learned to read patterns from my great grandma (she taught me how to chain stitch when I was little). I used the small thread/yarn to make lace and doilies. I've did scarves for gifts one year (combining a couple different yarns to get a nice soft/fluffy look. I taught myself to knit, but haven't completed anything.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:45 PM

I hope you can get that MRI soon...as with some of us we are enduring discomfort and hopefully we'll all get thru it...the sooner the better!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I gave all my knitting needles away; but couldn't part with the crochet hooks--so many of them from my mom. Crocheting is really hard on my hands so choose not to do it. I liked to but so enjoy making itty bitty blocks instead

Have 4 of the grands tonight. About 6:00 got a call from DIL. DGD#3 fell off the steps to the slide and hopefully only sprained her ankle. So off they go to Urgent Care--had to run to town to pick up DGD#2 as she had stayed with a friend after school and went to AWANA. Just not in my plans for the evening!
Yup she broke it--4 yo in a cast--glad summer is waning. Goes to see orthopedist tomorrow morning. Actually she was quite chipper when she got home tonight.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Yup she broke it--4 yo in a cast--glad summer is waning. Goes to see orthopedist tomorrow morning. Actually she was quite chipper when she got home tonight.
Oh poor baby!!!! That's gotta hurt! How long does she have ta be in the cast?

As for the crochet & knittin', I can't do either. I'm just in awe o' those o' ya that can.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:33 AM

Oksewglad I hope she heals soon, it will certainly slow her down for a while

Carriem my dear grandmother taught me to knit even though she was right handed and I was left handed. When I was about 11 we had to knit a scarf at school for our craft class, but my grandmother didn't see the sense in a "silly" scarf so had me knit a cardigan. I didn't do much knitting in the Territory as it was too hot but still have all the jumpers and cardigans I knitted for DH after we married
Old 09-12-2013, 04:56 AM

I started knitting a pair of mittens for my DGS several years ago and didn't even get to the thumb. I enjoy the knitting but having to read the directions after each couple of row and counting rows to make sure I'm in the right place...I don't have the patience any more. I'd rather sew. I finally got my extension table for my new sewing machine. Everything is so high now. I did get the adjustable table that Jeanie is using but I have one of those plastic 3 drawer units that just fit under the table when it at full height. I haven't figured out what to do. I'll have to let it simmer a little until I figure out what the possibilities really are. It's supposed to be cooler today so I think I'll try getting the last border in my Jamestown. Need another finish!!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:09 AM

OH Anne! lovely afghan I ran across the same pattern last winter and made 5 blankies! three for kids, one for Sis, and Me too!!! the stitch is sooo addicting and hard to get wrong. ENJOY resting up and crocheting a little