Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-04-2013, 10:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Augh!!!! $4.00!! Yuck. I can agree about not buyin' any more either. I can go ta Handcock Fabrics & git 'em for $1.50 a piece, or at the LQS it is $2.00 ta $3.00. $4.00 is way too high. I hurt for ya. Hmmm maybe by one everyonce in a while. Just thinkin'.
Same price North of the 49!
$4 for FQs ... and $16/metre would be the regular prices for most quilting cottons.

........... of course, there's always some sales, but you can never count on getting what you want!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:29 PM

I sometimes forgit how much ya'll have ta pay. Yuck, again.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 PM

QuiltE - my mom used to make me custard when I was sick. I guess she felt the eggs and milk would be good for me, it seems to me she put nutmeg in it ( or some spice )! I just loved it! I think it could be called a baked pudding??? Oh also, I am so glad we are "stuck with you" for the winter! Miss you when you are away!

Congrats to those who have finished the BB's. I got another one done tonight as a leader/ender for my Easy Street Mystery quilt.

Can someone give me the website for those compass blocks? I know I downloaded a few of them, but forgot where I got them! I want to have them all in case we use them for a project in the future.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 PM

Wow $4 is cheap to me as the cost of a FQ over here is between $5 and $7, guess who doesn't buy any fabric locally I just wouldn't have the stash I have if I had to buy everything here. I love love love when Hancock's have free shipping, then my DD and I get on the phone and check out the website and do one big order. They haven't had free shipping for a while so I hope they have it shortly as I am running out of some things.

For example I like working with Kona Cotton solids and use a lot of cream and black, to buy it at my LQS it is $18 a metre (39inches), if I purchase a whole bolt from Hancock's it costs me landed at my home between $5 to $6. I also like Michael Miller's Fairy Frost range of fabric and it is $28 per metre, again if I purchase from the States it costs me $10 per yard delivered to my door.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:24 PM

JeanieG it is Quilting on the Square, good luck
Old 01-04-2013, 11:27 PM

Thanks mirabelle!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:38 PM

It looks like I didn't get to see all what's been posted!

QNS, a picture would be nice though I think I know what a Dutch oven is now. Are those the very heavy skillets you're talking about? I guess so. I had two but wasn't able to lift them anymore so I gave them away.

QuiltE, no BSR and no, prices aren't any lower. As much as I loved my Bernina in the beginning before quilting, I can't get the tension right. It went to the shop at least twice but somehow it's off and it stays off. So I'm considering buying another machine but money is an issue. Weird as I looked at the prices of Janome 7700 and 8200 and the 8200 is cheaper over here than the 7700. Still a lot of money. I might have a talk with my dealer and see what he can do. He's the one who gave me two embroiderymachines to try at home Last time I had my Bernina serviced he gave me a brand new Pfaff (I don't know which one but it was the latest modell with a large harp).

I found some fabric to cut up LOL. Some from the PC blocks, some from the funky chicken blocks and I did find one yard I don't like and I have no idea why I bought it!

Bread pudding.......my mom used to throw slices of old bread in boiled milk, some raisins, some sugar and that was it So no bread pudding for me! When I make custard I make it with Splenda too. I love it when it's really cold outside. We used to eat oatmeal porridge in winter, nothing wrong with that. Untill, one day, midst summer when I was 17 I was in hospital after being in a car accident. It was hot and I didn't had anything to eat for 3 days because they were afraid I had a head injury. The 4th day, as breakfast, I got cold oatmeal porridge......YUK YUK. I've never had it again!

I will be out for most of the day but when I'm back I will print out the foundations of my BB I think it's time to get started. How often have I said this?? LOL
Old 01-05-2013, 09:27 AM

Carrie...just a note in machines....there is a post in the main topics about the 8900 that you might want to check out. She makes some comments about the 7700 which I didn't know.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Power Poster

Here's my Custard recipe ... yes basically a baked pudding!
Yes, totally healthy with all the eggs and milk and easily digested when we were sick little kids! And not a lot of sugar in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Baked Maple Custard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pour in bottom of each custard dish
1 tbsp. maple syrup
(and/or fruit ... or skip this step totally, if you want plain custard)

Whisk together and pour over maple syrup
2 eggs
1-1/4 cups milk
1/4 sugar (or splenda)
1 tsp vanilla
if desired -- nutmeg, cinnamon

Set cups in baking pan with boiling water to within inch of top of cups.
Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes til knife inserted comes clean.
(time will vary depending on size of custard dishes)
Cool and Chill. Eat as is, or with fresh fruit or fruit compote.
At serving time, run knife around edge of each cup and invert on dessert plate.

**I like to eat it still warm from the oven, and then eat the rest chilled later.
**Custard Pie is nice ... in a pie shell with or without a fruit bottom. I have made it with mincemeat in the bottom for a delicious Christmas dessert.

I now have visions of all the PC homes taking a trip down memory lane with some custard int he next few days!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 01-05-2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:46 AM

I will have to look for maple syrup, I've seen it somewhere but don't remember where.
Did you make the mincemeat yourself too QuiltE?