Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 09-29-2013, 03:06 PM

You have 'choices' to make, JanRN: either let them 'repair'/replace or say "Money back, please". How do you really feel about the business you are dealing with, can you trust them, or do more research and go for a different quilting machine....lots out there.

My first sewing machine was a Kenmore from Sears; I struggled from day one with that machine, it would not work right. We had moved in a locating where the Lee Sewing plant sewing machine repair guy lived next door...he chiseled out the bobbin area and it worked better but not perfect, so next trip to Sears and trying their repair guy who broke the needle and returned it to me, they got their machine back. Never have bought another, although other people love their Kenmore Sewing Machines.

I love Bernina and bought a new one this summer, but hearing horrid stories about the 830 Bernina, more expensive than the one I bought. Apparently, its not performing well at all. So its personal choice, Brand names do not guarantee much anymore.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:18 PM

Jan tell the HQ people that if they don't fix your machine that ya are gonna buy a Tierra & recommend ta all your internet quiltin' friends that they do the same. Tell 'em how many people are on the QB. They don't like ta lose business ta their competitor.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:53 PM
Power Poster

Not sure if that will do any good as HQ makes the Tiara--which is why they are so similar.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:04 PM

Hi everyone, lots of chatting to catch up on this morning.

I have just e-mailed my October block to Anael for approval, will be posting it tomorrow, just a little early but I am without a car, dropped off DD's car this morning, so I have DH's truck until tomorrow night when DH and DS will swap cars, aarrgghhh then I am home without wheels. Should get some sewing done I am sure if I need anything DS will be here for me, depending on his work shifts.

QuiltE, how confusing to enter quilts into your Fairs, boy do they make it hard.

Honchey I hope you feel better soon, and are back chatting with us soon.

NinaSue, I do hope your friend is able to spend a few days with you while you recover, will be thinking of you.

Oksewglad I love your jar of mini blocks, can't wait to see what becomes of them, and thanks for the link to the Dear Jane thread. Have forwarded it to DD as she wants to make a DJ, tried to put her off but she is determined that one day she will make it.

JanRN, hope you are feeling better soon, if that was my SW16 I would be demanding a new one be sent to me. I had a problem with the extra embroidery arm for my Pfaff and after 4 x 2 hours return trips to have it fixed I demanded and received a new one. It was the same for me, I would give it to the dealer, tell her the problem, drive home and she would ring me and say there is nothing wrong with it, I would drive back, pick it up, drive home, connect it and same problem, wouldn't calibrate. We spend a lot of money on our toys and expect them to work when we want to play.

JeanieG I love your sneak peek at your blocks, I agree with the darker outer points on your second block. Can't wait to see block 3 finished.

Anael it won't be long before Isa will "need" a pretty quilt

Now it is time for me to cut some more squares, have a great day everyone
Old 09-29-2013, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Not sure if that will do any good as HQ makes the Tiara--which is why they are so similar.
Hmmm, I thought it was made by Baby Lock. My bad.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:26 PM

You are correct dublb - Tiara is made by Babylock (I looked it up as I thought you were right)!
Old 09-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Power Poster

CarrieM ... that's great news that you are starting into the planning stage. With that it just might come sooner than you think, especially with your Dad acting as Job Super!

QNSue ... So glad that you have BF coming to be with you for the first few days. Great plan for a work project for the men!

JeanieG ... Thanks for the photo, to tantalize me! Lovely indeed! And that log cabin is going to be spectacular! Don't take #2 apart ... it looks nice just the way it is and just gives a little different dimension to the whole thing. I am excited to get at the Spikes, though have a few things I must tend to first.

JanRN ... so much for thinking you have new help to let you get back to your FART-tirement! Not sure what to think about the HQ dilemma. I tend to think the same as some others that a new one is in order. However, maybe I would give them one last chance with this fix. The jostling in shipping has me concerned ... if this happens, then why do they ship them?

I would sure think you are due compensation for your inconvenience and inability to use it. Plus, a full extension to the warranty, starting as though it were new, the day it is returned to you again. Being that you have been dealing with HQ Nice Guy, make sure the agreements are made with him and get it in writing. Also, when/if you do take it to them for repair, be sure that the return date is very clearly set up ... again I would do it via HQ Guy. Ultimately it is HQ that has to resolve the issue, being that it is under warranty.

DublB
... The Babylock Tiara is made by HQ. When I was test driving both brands in the spring, I asked the HQ Customer Service the difference ... virtually the same with a few minor differences, such as the paint job! So really no difference, and just the rebranding/labelling for it to be sold by BabyLock. No difference than many other products that are made by the first company, and rebranded to the secondary one.

BL does not have the same support system as HQ (at least, here in Canada, though I think it is the same in USA). No call centre for help. I also found that it was still new enough that many of their dealers did not have the machine yet, plus those that did, did not seem to "know" the machine. At times, I felt I knew more from my online research and test drives of the two brands!!

I did call HQ several times with questions and was quite pleased with the way things were handled. Of course, different than dealing with an after-purchase problem. I have heard lots of good things about the HQ Customer Service, which of course, we are all wondering now, with JanRN's experiences. Granted she has found Nice Guy ... and maybe he will take care of her once and for all. I hope so!

MiraB ... oh yes, those quilt rules are confusing enough ... and then at some there are the Quilt Queen Bees, that make you say, why do I do this? Here comes the week of musical cars for you!

Last edited by QuiltE; 09-29-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:29 PM

Mirabelle--great progress on the princess quilt.

Jeanie--your SYE blocks are looking good. I think alternating some light green and some dark green in the outer "leaves" would look nice....

Jan--so sorry you are sick AND having to work too!! I don't have any input on the S16 other than sympathies that it has been giving you trouble!

I got a call from a lady a couple miles away that we get asparagus from when it is in season. She apparently has an abundance of apples and peaches and thought of us. They are all picked and she doesn't want anything for them! So...tonight I have been busy trying to get a binding on this last table runner I had quilted so I can take it to her in the morning. It was one I made several years ago and didn't have any plans for...just trying to finish UFOs.

Then I will be trying to figure out what to do with apples and peaches...probably cutting them up and freezing them...for any one who freezes fresh fruit, do I need to do anything to it first? The apples will probably be for pies and peaches used in smoothies.

My MIL makes the best apple pies so I will save her some apples for baking one while I am at work Wednesday...she likes it when I ask her.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:58 PM

More progress made today, but I am stuck now as DD has to finish the corner blocks so I can play with something else now
Attached Thumbnails dscf0589.jpg  
Old 09-29-2013, 10:19 PM

Jan, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with your machine I have no advice other than already given but I do hope the problem will be resolved very soon!

Mirabelle,
you're right, Isa will soon be needing a 'pretty' quilt but I'm not sure my DDIL will agree.

I need your advice. I bought 4 FQ's of this Laurel Burch Christmas Fabric and I have no idea what to do with it other than petting and admiring So tell me, what would you do? I can't cut it into small pieces, can I?!.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438844[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails laurelburchchristmasfabric-912-x-684-.jpg