Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-08-2013, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

Anael ... haven't you heard of "breakfast for dinner"? It's a good ol' standby for an easy supper. When I don't know what to have or just too tired to cook, I'll scramble up some eggs and a good protein supper is ready!

Oh ... and how could I have forgotten this one as an "egg-user-upper" .....

~~~~~~~~~~
Apple Omelette
~~~~~~~~~~
Yes, you read that right ... apple omelette!
When I first heard about this one, I kind of went huh? no way!
Yet it was one of those recipes that seemed to dare me to I just try it.
After all, the worse that could happen would be the need to throw it out!
It definitely IS a winner in my books, and a favourite for when I just don't know what to have!
~~~~~~~~~~

Saute with butter some apple slices with a sprinkling of cinnamon til crisp tender. ( l do not peel, though that's up to your preference)

Meanwhile beat your eggs with any add-ins as you would for an omelette. eg. salt, pepper, milk (some do, I don't!)
Pour eggs overtop and cook as you would an omelette.

Top with some shredded parmesan or cheddar and a little cinnamon and flip over like or leave flat.

Devour!
It's a nice twist on the old favourite that's really filling ... with a sweet surprise.
I've even made it with blueberries ... though the blueberries can make it look kind of ugly!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:08 AM

Anael, your blocks are spectacular. What a beautiful quilt you will have.
dubib...I'm with you. These 12 blocks will be a very special quilt for only me.
QNS...I second what Quilte said. You have a wonderful way with words.
I'm a little nervous about my BBs too but I know I won't reach perfection in my lifetime even if I try.
QuiltE...good luck with your electronics purchase....and you Carrie with your sewing machine.
All of the recipes look yummy but my DH is a creature of habit for breakfast..biscuits and eggs with coffee and jam.
I got one Ocean Wave block done after redoing several triangles which went against the current and I love it. I'll cut strips for triangles and make it a leader/ended project. Also got more of the BBs completed and quilted four PC blocks yesterday. Saturday I unexpectedly slid down about 6 steps while at a friends house. Fortunately they were carpeted and nothing got broke but I've been a little stiff and sore these days. Haven't checked my backside for bruises, but I'm sure they are there!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

GGal *ouch*
I feel for you ... and thankfully yes, it was carpeted. I did that on my verandah steps a few years ago and had a huge black stripe across the butt for ages. To say the least about the number it did on my back! Take care of yourself ... and if you do chiropractic ... get yourself to yours! Hope it's "well enough" for some mandatory "sit and sew time as part of your recovery!

Curious about that Ocean Wave block ... photos?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 AM

Oh GG, bruises can hurt a lot! Take care of yourself and get well soon!

QE, I think I make breakfast for lunch Meaning: lunch is the first meal of my day, I almost always skip breakfast. Bad habit, I know. Could your apple omelette be done without cheese?

I did make some BB, still 7 to go, meaning I'm halfway there
Old 01-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Of course, you can make it without cheese.
......... but isn't everything better with cheese?

You could try other cheeses ... and I bet it'd be just as good.

A lot of people say it's like having a crepe ...
Old 01-08-2013, 07:57 AM

Point is, I don't like cheese with eggs. I like them separate, no problems but together? YUK
Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Power Poster

Anael ... Totally Understood! ... I think you will still like it even without the cheese. Last summer while we had fresh strawberries, did that too!

JeanieG ... forgot to answer you on the tea. The add-ins are negligible for those calories, but oh so deliciously good! It's a storefront operation here, with online/phone in ordering as well. In the stores you can see samples of all the teas, smell them ... and buy it as hot tea too, if you want. There's always two on sample every day, so a good way to try some out. While there is one near me, it's a hassle to find parking and go into the mall, so I now pretty much always just order it and it's here in no time ... and with no stress! Plus they give me three little packets of tea to sample each time as well. So .... if you're interested, you too, could be drinking with me ..... Blueberry Jam Tea this morning! https://www.davidstea.com/store-locator
Old 01-08-2013, 09:04 AM

I didn't see your 'Devour' before, made me laugh I will try your recipe without cheese, never did eggs with fruit before but as you said, the worst is having to throw it out

GG, thank you for your compliments on my Sylvia block. Only 10 to go.....seems so little, yet so much work! Applique of course, a few of them and one with tiny curved pieces. I might skip those curves and find me another block. I tried it but totally failed!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

For sure ... the first time I carefully made it just with one egg ........ then quickly made a 2nd one!

Are your Sylvia blocks 6" unfinished or finished?
Our FWS were 6" finished ... so you could maybe borrow from there if you're looking for some subs.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

QNSue ... All Others too!
I'm reading the specs for your printer and it's sisters.
I'm trying to justify the extra expense of the legal size scans.

How much do you use the legal scanning ability?
Or is it a convenience factor ... for a lot of extra money.

I found one that will give me the legal scanning and the price point is more reasonable ... but I lose the duplex function, which I think would be more vital.

Thoughts?