Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 775 of 1000 FirstFirst ... 275 675 725 765 774 775 776 785 825 875 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,750 of 9992

Thread: The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

GGal I love to read, have almost finished the Elm Creek Quilt series of books, can't read during the day though as it puts me to sleep I enjoy Kathy Reichs, Wilbur Smith and almost any true crime story but my favourite books of all time has to be my quilting books

Bev I hope you are feeling better, maybe it is time for your Sis to give up smoking or maybe not smoke around you. I was so happy when my DS gave up smoking.

QNS thanks for the photo of your treadle, brings back memories of my grandmothers machine (that I was not allowed to use).

DD just rang and is on the highway headed for home, she will be here in about an hour woohoo. We are having our Christmas dinner tonight, Crunchy Coated Chicken, Leg Ham, Prawns, Crispy baked potatoes, honey baked carrots, tossed salad, bread rolls yum yum. Chocolate Sundaes for dessert

Have a great day everyone.
    Karen

Hi QNS, I have a Singer red eye 66 I call Maggie and I also Have the treadle it will be going in...(some day)..Maggie is beautiful and Has perfect decals on the "post"? I'm not sure if that's the correct term. I'll have to unwrap her & take a photo to show you.. I had her cleaned up by former member of the board...

I'm glad you're feeling better Bev...your sis should know better than to smoke around you..

I also love to read before bed.. winding down for the nite..

I bought a tablet for myself...don't know why...just wanted one and I asked if you need internet security for it and was told that you don't because they are different than a computer...I wonder....

Went to the GP this morning to get my flue shot. Went on my bike and was exhausted when I came home Still recovering I guess!
    #2 DS is on his way to have coffee and lunch with me.
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Good morning, ladies. I'm off to work. We're going to be super busy--today's the only day we're open this week. Doc is going skiing after Christmas. I'll probably gain 10 pounds today--the patients ply us with candy & cookies and the Pharmacy reps bring muffins & lunch. Of course we eat it--can't let it go to waste (waist?).

Sounds like we all like to read. Are your kids readers? Mine is; started reading to him at a very early age and I think that instilled the love of reading in him (that and rock & roll LOL). One of the girls I work with said she hasn't read a book since high school and she's 50 years old. How sad--doesn't know what she's missing. I can't sleep unless I read for 1/2 hour or so before bed. I have one of the original Kindles--so old it actually has a keyboard on it.

Have a great day and do something you love!
    I pray for peace today and hope I don't have to tomorrow.

When I was accused of living in a fantasy world I almost fell off my unicorn.

Weather has turned cold and colder here, tonight it goes to 14 below. No plans of trying to go anywhere today, tomorrow maybe. Will try to finish the MB for December and maybe do January, so I will not run so late next month. January temperatures predicted all look better and warmer than this week.

Dh cleaned floors and mopped them yesterday; cooked chicken for lunch, made leftover chicken into chicken and noodles; leftover chili soup is still in the refrigerator, so house is clean and prepared food is ready when we get hungry So it will be an easy, lazy day for both of us, and maybe all week. No company for Christmas, it will be just another day. Those of you with family coming in, enjoy for me too. It will not be for us this holiday.

Find ways of enjoying it in your homes. Have a safe warm day and do in style!

Hi All
    Just sending a smoke signal .... I am at the library right now.

On Saturday night, just when I was on a roll to finish my Christmas exchange gift quilt, our hydro went out and stayed off for just short of 24 hrs. I was in bed by then and slept well, planning for a good day of quilting. So just as I was getting ready for that, this morning *poof* no hydro. End of that plan!!! Plan B went and bought batting ........... already on sale at 25% off plus an additional 20% off if you sang four lines of a Christmas Carol!

It's a crystalline world with the ice covering. Almost pretty til you see the devastation. So far to "damage" at my place but lots of trees and branches down in the bush. And many trees extremely bent from the weight of the ice. So many trees are gone and damage beyond belief. I am lucky. Over 1/2 million without power in the greater area around.

Once I have hydro again .............. priority will be that topper before I can come back and play with all of you!!!

So, if worse case scenario plays out ......... Merry Christmas!!!!!
    Hopefully this is not needed and I will be back before then!!
    Regards, QuiltE
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well guys I broke down & went ta see the Dr. I have bronchitis! My DM went ta git my Rx.& I'm gonna nap.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

So sorry for your power failure QuiltE - I read about in the paper this morning! Hopefully they get it restored real soon.

Dublb - glad you made that Dr. appt. With the meds, you should start feeling better real soon.

I am frustrated! I have so much to do, I don't know where to start, which is unusual for me! I guess I'm not in the mood for Christmas, so much work! I got all the fresh veggies, and my hams (yes two half hams). I could not find a whole spiral sliced ham anywhere I went! UGH. I did not want to get these things earlier, and definitely did not want to shop over the weekend. Guess I had better get back at it!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Glad you have power again, QuiltE...may you be warm and save in your home this week.

Dublb, a big Hug to you in the virtual RV, and hot drinks are ready for you and hot chicken and noodle soup.

Jeanie, it is one step at a time...that is all one person can do. Take a deep breath, and go at a steady pace. Delegate the tasks to warm bodies as they come to help you out. Suggest the men clean up the mess. You have a lovely new kitchen to cook in or take everyone out to eat....its your holiday, too. Enjoy.

From me to all of you
    Attachment 453046
    Last edited by Anael; 12-24-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example