Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 12-27-2013, 11:52 AM

Welcome back QuiltE I'm not on the roam, it's raining here and won't stop I've been working on a few DJ blocks - the applique ones. Still not my favorite but I'm getting better at it!

Beautiful wallhanging Jeanie! I can imagine you want one for yourself I would too ! !
Old 12-27-2013, 02:22 PM

Jeanie, beautiful wall hanging--love the burgandy & gold. Great job quilting. I'm sure your giftees appreciated all the work that went into them.

I think I'm going to end up with a mini Dear Jane. I already decided I wasn't going to do the applique ones now all I'm running into are bleeping Y-seam blocks. Yes, I did one and it turned out fine. Tried another one and it just didn't work. Ripped it apart so many times I don't have any fabric left in the seams. So if I skip applique and bleeping y-seams, I may finish with only 50 blocks!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:33 PM

Since I am going with Quilting on the Square with Dear Jane, maybe, just maybe, I can find an answer for you JanRN. I get my first package around the middle of January....I can hardly wait to see how they explain each block and how to do it...and where they start for the DJ. If I am in the 'groove' I can do a good Y seam, if I am not, forget it!''

JeanieG I am so impressed with your wall hanging! Beautiful.

Anael, make a big yellow sun to hang on your wall when it rains too much for you. Let it lift your spirits and smile at you. Make it on paper or with fabric as a wall hanging.

QuiltE, welcome back, you were missed! Hope Janie made it home for the holidays. Quiltsville blog (Bonnie Hunter) in Burlington talked about how terrible the ice storm was there....how the ice broke down trees and power lines. I am following her 'clues' for her mystery quilt...but not making them right now.

My new glasses balance my left and right eye, so I finally can see and sew. Hope to get started in the quilt room tomorrow. Picked up chicken feed and cat feed today, and yes, I stopped at the the LQS, sigh. Picked up a rainbow of colors for the 50 stars...will try to put one together tomorrow. I can finally read, also, and picked up a few good titles today. How many know Earlene Fowler's quilt stories? She also has released a Benny Harper Quilt Patterns book, designs used in her book series. Have kept about half of her books, and have the pattern book.

Also have all of Debbie Macomber series on Cedar Cove, and her Angels on Earth series, and her Knitting series, and her Cookbook of Cedar Cove. Janet Evanovick, Stephanie Plum series, from one to twenty and several Nora Robert books. Catherine Coulter's FBI books of suspense. Fern Michaels Sisterhood series, group of women who plot and get revenge against the 'bad' men who did them wrong, and they get away with it. Carolyn Brown series on the Texas' Honky Tonk Bar and Dance Saloon' , the seven different women who inherited the business and found true love, with lots of laughter in every novel; including "Darn Good Cowboy Christmas". Emily Brightwell who writes English mysteries Mrs. Jeffries series....Mrs. Jeffries Forges Ahead is a later title. Stay warm and healthy, enjoy quilting and reading.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:41 PM

I was supposed ta take DB's family ta Brady yesterday. They were gonna follow in their car & then DH was gonna join us tamarrow. I wasn't able ta do that so we all will go tamarrow & I'll let DH drive me.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:55 PM

I got not one, but two MBs in the mail today from QNS (along with my box of yummy fudge, cookies and notions)! I will get pictures tomorrow to share with you all. They are both great!!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:01 PM

Sounds like a good idea, Barb. Relax and Enjoy and Rest. There are lots of things to do in 2014.

An old friend I located in Southern Missouri in November wrote us that her husband had burnt up in a deer blind on the 13th of this month. Praying for her, and a friend, former co-worker in Texas who lost her husband this month. Enjoy every day life and families, life is just too short. Give family an extra hug.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Power Poster

JeanieG ... your Tree with Lights looks spectacular! Amazing quilting and love the look of the lights. Definitely get one for yourself!!

Anael ... Tell you what ... being that you are liking applique so much, how be we trade. I'll piece some blocks and you can send me some applique ones in exchange!

JanRN ... BabyJane might be what I do as well!

QNSue ... glad you are happy with your new glasses.

CarrieM ... look forward to seeing your MBs!

Speaking of which?? I know several are behind with their MBs for December, but I am wondering if some been received and never posted? I think the only ones I have seen on this thread was MiraB's to DDamsel and GGal's to me? Are there others waiting for their Kodak moment?

And yes, my memory may be just baaaaaaaaad ............

Heading to the sewing room ............. not sure just what I am going to sew!
Old 12-28-2013, 09:46 AM

QuiltE, you wish You can do your applique yourself!! I found a tut on youtube to make the points more pointy so that's what I've tried and it works for me. The points still aren't crisp but I'm happy with them.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
QuiltE, you wish You can do your applique yourself!! I found a tut on youtube to make the points more pointy so that's what I've tried and it works for me. The points still aren't crisp but I'm happy with them.
I quite like my trade concept!

So, give us a Show and Tell!
Old 12-28-2013, 10:07 AM

I like the concept too but for my first Jane I want to make all the blocks myself! Oh no, did I just say ' first Jane'
I will resize the pictures and post them so you can point out all the not so pointy points to me