Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-06-2014, 07:34 AM

Note to GGal: please take this blasted weather back to Indiana!!! Brrr---last night at 11pm it was 47* and raining. I woke up at 3am to ice pelting my windows. I looked out and the whole area looked like a glazed donut. Woke up at 7am and we have 2" of snow on top of a 1/2" of ice, wind is howling, air temp is 20* falling to -12* overnight. Windchill is -20*. Hoping and praying we don't lose electric. Poor Patches has learned to pee really fast and hurry back up the ramp and get out of the cold. I feel so sorry for people that have to work outside--lots of water main breaks in area.

Stay warm and SAFE! This is so dangerous, thankfully only going to last 2 more days.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:38 AM

It's here on the news every day, your very cold weather. I'm glad I'm here
Please stay safe and warm!
QNS, I'm glad you woke up early, it could have been a disaster
Old 01-06-2014, 08:01 AM

Ggal---WOW!! That BH quilt looks like it was A LOT of work!! Great job.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

Gee MiraB ... you want an answer when there were hardly any guesses?

JanieW ... thanks for the suggestion. I switched to Chrome a while back, when we discovered IE was not as compatible with this site. So maybe another switch. So far, so good this morning ... so haven't called my techie to discuss yet. I don't think those toe fungus ads took were quite the threat that these Java Pop ups are ... or am I in a dream world?

JeanieG ... the techie said that the virus protectors wouldn't deal with this stuff when I had it pre-Christmas. Just be sure to not click on it at all ... when you do, it dumps rogue applications onto your system and that's where you get into trouble. So I have been constantly shutting down via the Task Manager.

Anael ... Oh NOooooooo! That can be so annoying when it happens. I'm thinking the same as the others, to piece in some blue ... or perhaps do a strip of each of the colours. Perhaps do each strip twice the width of the other? Isa's is so sweet. Fantastic quilting ... I see swirls and posies! OOPS! that bottom left one, the fabrics are too similar. Not enough contrast! The scrappy-ness has blended well and will give the kids an I Spy in its own way.

JanRN ...
great idea ... let's send all the weather back to Indian! We're dealing with the same here, just later than you. Sorry GGal!!

As for you MissyAnael ... pffft! And have they been showing you shots of the MiraBs weather too? They keep showing Aussie beach shots with our weather reports ... nothing like rubbing it in!

GGal ... Amaaaaaaaazing Flimsy!!! kind of a stained glass effect.

MiraB ....... sixteen!!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

OK OK ... being that all is going good with the internet (right now and xxxfingers crossedxxx),
I'll take MiraB out of her misery ............... what did I get????

I picked up my Oliso!

I had gone in on Monday to get it, only to discover they had sold them all out before Christmas. She called the supplier, to discover they had only 3 left in stock and had him ship all of them. And yes, some fabric followed me home, but only 3@1/2 metre, a gallon of Best Press, 505 and some black + white thread.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:15 AM

I had to google Oliso because I've never heard of it. Now I know Now I still don't know what you bought because they have several products you could have bought

The OOPS block will look very familiar to you QuiltE When I was quilting this one I thought of I Spy too.

No, they don't show shots of Mirabelle's beaches, only reports of the bad weather in the US and Canada. And here it's raining again!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:18 AM

Janie, I have now my strip attached to the flying geese triangle. I guess because of my poor eyesight the angles were not quite correct and I had to adjust my strip of background a bit...about an inch and quarter off on the bottom...but it came out all straight in the end and the strip is straight all the way across the bottom of it.

QuiltE, what a perfect time to get a new toy to play with; hope it does everything you want it to do for you.

Back to the challenges in the sewing room. Keep smiling! This too shall pass and the weather will warm up! Mirabelle, keep cool! Anael, good luck in the fabric hunt.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:57 AM

I'm with everyone else on piecing the back Anael. I would just put a blue (or other matching color) border around the whole backing, it would look like you did it on purpose!

I'm also with Anael on what is an Oliso??? Guess I'll have to "google" it too!
Old 01-06-2014, 12:28 PM

Hey QuiltE, which model Oliso did you get??? I got the blue one...not the top of the line...Joann's had them on sale on Black Friday ...I had my sister pick it up for me in DE..no tax.. I still haven't opened it...

Went to the dentist this morning and the news wasn't encouraging..the surgery last April isn't coming along as well as expected and I have to go back to the oral surgeon to have him look at the digital exrays...There goes my early leaving for NC...I haven't told DH yet...What a bummer
Old 01-06-2014, 12:28 PM

I am pretty sure the Oliso is the fancy iron that has "feet". When you forget to stand it up it lifts up by itself...