Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-25-2014, 07:29 AM

Dublb, go in and erase the subscription to the threads and then reset it again. It might help. At 1:20 in the morning means you had a late, late night. Ok, very productive; hope it all was a hit and success. I loved what you did.

Good morning everyone...a new day has begin. Showered and ready to quilt today, working on Irish Mist...grrrr the inner, outer and border will come together the way I want it too...going to be trying different things with it this morning. That will be the January goal that I promised to myself.

Everyone have a great day. I plan on it, right after I take my Advil; my knees are killing me today.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Power Poster

JanieW ... So sorry to read that you are ot doing so well. Hopefully an afternoon with the twins helped! I didn;t know the Tennessee Waltz pattern but a quick Google and I could see why you would want to do it ... now I have another wannabe! How about doing PPing for those points, to simplify?

OKSGlad ... some great finishes there and I bet they are popular in the bidding tonight. I think ShooFly My Heart is my pick, because of the bling! Yes, this weather is hard on the cattle ... and the people too end up with more colds. Consistent cold is better in a lot of ways! Any frozen pipes through all this? Hope you can soon fire BobC!

JanRN ... I have another thought about Junk Drawers ... why do we all have them in the kitchen? That "deep" thought came the other day when I was yet again bemoaning my small kitchen and lack of space for stuff! But then? where will the Junk go? When I get annoyed at junk collecting here and there, I go on a brutal purge and start a box and pack it away to send to a Charity Thrift store. There's one that you can take most anything to, which can be dangerous when I'm in a toss, not keep mode! I keep a bag in the bottom of my closet all the time, for little things as I notice them and that has helped me not keep some things! Poor Patches!!

Ladies and QNSue... I would like to take credit for QNSue's block, but it is not the one I sent. Who should get the credit? Or perhaps it is one of your 50 Stars?

Last edited by QuiltE; 01-25-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:52 AM

Giggles for the day

http://quiltyfriends-bom.blogspot.co...-patterns.html

this one... I want to do! it just speaks to me
Old 01-25-2014, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

re: junk drawers. Before I went to my DS's the clock maker, I sorted through mine and gave her my junk! Here she is in her workshop

http://conta.cc/1f0Asc6

DDamsel--what a creative quilt. Have subscribed to her blog--thanks.

Started the big rearrange last night--will be a long time project, but will still be able to sew after today. Yeah!
Old 01-25-2014, 11:48 AM

Ok you are probably more organized than me. You all do beautiful work, but QuiltE is right...I did not ID her block correctly...I am sorry...this is her block:[ATTACH=CONFIG]458568[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]458569[/ATTACH]And the others.

Meanwhile, my Irish Mist is not coming out right:[ATTACH=CONFIG]458570[/ATTACH]It 'bunches up' in places where it should not...even after pressing the quilt.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0080.jpg   dscn0051.jpg   dscn0081.jpg  
Old 01-25-2014, 01:15 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words and understanding. I am on meds and when they kick in everything will be tickety boo. I have a bit of work to do to help those meds along.

I had a blast skating with 35 6 year olds yesterday. I survived that only to have a bad fall on some ice on the walk home. My tail bone is not happy and I managed to bang up both wrists trying to unsuccessfully break my fall. But the sun is shining, the temperature is way above average and I can still sew. bending over to tie shoes is painful so I am wearing flip flops.

QNS,

It looks to me that you have the top row on your border on the lower left going the wrong way. You have the three coloured blocks on the right and they should be on the left over top of the other coloured blocks. Maybe a picture will help because I think that was clear as mud.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]458610[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]458611[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc04947.jpg   dsc04946.jpg  
Old 01-25-2014, 02:02 PM

You are right on, Janie. And that's not the worse of it. The three sided piece on sides and top and bottom are not all the same causing the 'bumpyness' of the quilt, not letting it be flat on the surface...so I spent the whole day with froggy....[ATTACH=CONFIG]458618[/ATTACH]ripping apart seams...have the sides yet to rip off and check the triangle...three cornered piece with the bottom of the star. That is what caused the quilt to 'buckle' and not lay flat. Good news is I found the problem; bad news is ripping it all out and trying again. Janie, maybe it will may you feel better about your wonderful job that you have done....it should. I think you have done a wonderful job on yours...mine with be the 'holy' one, with more holes the wrong way than the right way. Smile , Froggy!!
Attached Thumbnails dscn0083.jpg  
Old 01-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

QNSue ... glad you found the MB that I send you. Whom was the other one from?
You might want to keep looking around, as your group shot is missing two blocks for the total of eleven to date.

JanieW ... OUCH!! for your Humpty Dumpty. Time to sit back and let your DDH wait on you hand and foot ............ while you sit and sew!

JanieW and QNSue ... you are both going to have lovely quilts. Does that background fabric have gold metallic splashed thru it? Nice touch!
Old 01-25-2014, 02:43 PM

Mirab, I have all those blocks made and in The Box!!! And many more I might add LOL.

OK, what a neat article. I collect Folk Art and love what she is doing.

QNS, love QE's block. I'm partial to burgandy and it looks so nice with your blocks. You and Janie are making beautiful quilts. Love the pattern & fabric. I can see how confusing those corners would be. Great job, ladies.

Still no sewing today. Do any of you use an ergonomic rotary cutter? I've seen them advertised and at the LQS but never felt the need for one until I started having trouble with my thumb & index finger. I think it's from all the rotary cutting I do when paper piecing. I have a sharp blade and the cutting surface is the correct height; I think it's the repetitive motion. If you use an ergonomic cutter which one do you recommend? Getting older is not for the faint of heart!
Old 01-25-2014, 03:16 PM

DDamsel I think I am too anal to try those blocks, it would seriously mess with my mind to have those "odd" pieces someone would have to hold me down to stop me "fixing" them But they are quirky....

Oksewglad thanks for the link to your DS, love her clocks, talent must run in the family..

QNS the first block was mine, send in October, glad you got it sorted out. Love your Irish Mist and your frog. Good to have Janiew there to help, two heads are always better than one.

JanieW your Irish Mist is also beautiful, take care of yourself and I hope you are feeling better real soon.

Now I am off to the cave, have 2 more feathered wreaths to quilt, then the kaleidoscope blocks and borders. Should be finished tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed, so I can get back to Out of the Darkness..