Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

Honchey ... YIKES! ... maybe you and MrHonchey should get in that car and head even further south??

Anael ... nice "little" home ... yours, of course!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:10 PM

QuiltE, the storm is going all the way South into Florida. South Texas is spared...but colder weather.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:04 PM

Saw this sign in front of a church near me today: If you're the one praying for snow, please stop!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:37 PM

QNS - great block you got from dublb! Looks like your Irish Mist is on its way to being completed. I bet you'll be glad when that one is done.

Anne - sounds like your in for more awful weather. Our hardware stores would be in the same shape as yours, we just don't get snow here, so no need to have snow shovels in stock.

Cute sign at the church Jan.

I got my messages from this topic in my email today, glad it is working again.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:49 PM

First I'm still not gittin' e-mail notices!
I usually stop by here & catch up several times a day. Then finish my day here.
Sue here is where I got the idea for your block. It's one o' my favorite blocks!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...ck-t92447.html
Old 01-27-2014, 11:01 PM

I really like that block dublb! Thanks for the link.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:16 AM

Anael such beautiful photos thank you so much for sharing.

QNS hope you can get your Irish Mist together it really is a beautiful pattern and another gorgeous MB made its way home.

Honchey I hope you have warmed up and are feeling better

I may not have much computer time in the next few days, we are currently on Cyclone watch, there is a tropical low sitting out in the Coral Sea at the moment, they have predisted about 8 or more inches of rain in the coming days. The weather bureau are predicting it will make landfall either late Thursday of early Friday and the latest indication is it is heading directly towards our little town. Today DH and I spent the day doing a little tidying up in the yard, a hardware run for a few essentials. Tomorrow I will do a grocery shop for some non perishables and bottled water. Then it will be a case of sitting and waiting.

So if you don't hear from me you will know why. If we lose power we have a generator but will not run the computer or tv off it. I will just be happy to have lights and my fridges and freezers working.

Chat soon
Old 01-28-2014, 04:50 AM

Hi all...pray those who are feeling bad get to be feeling better very soon! I spent a little time in the clubhouse the last couple of afternoons and even did a little sewing. QE suggested maybe a jelly roll quilt...I had one small one (20 strips) that I cut in half (2-1/2"x2"). Using just one half of each strip I made a baby "jelly roll race" quilt. It is narrower than I want so have an idea to fix it and will share once I get the flimsy done. The other half of the strips will turn into 4-patch blocks and I will alternate those with a 4" square. I will end up with 2 baby quilts.

Not sure how many of you are on the UFO 2014 thread, but there was an interesting link posted today to a link where someone is talking about UFOs thought you might find it interesting. http://theinboxjaunt.com/ (Jan 27th entry)
Old 01-28-2014, 06:19 AM

Mirabelle, be safe. If you need to come State side here, the welcome mat is out. PS...ship your quilts, too.

Carrie, hope you cub house is well heated. We have 4 below this morning; MN has 16 below. Its winter here. Thanks, but no thanks, weatherman, I would rather have snow!! Cute sign, JanRN.

Off to do errands this morning and sew this afternoon. Mailing the MB to ____________ by priority mail. Keep warm and safe today.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:38 AM

Good to hear from Honchey! Im glad you are safe and sound, stay warm dear!

Thanks for the link Carrie I KNOW why I dont finish anything... it is a good reminder

I just looked up that same pattern days ago... it is a pattern featured for a class at our local festival next month, called Anitas arrowheads http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/d...html?idx=12909 free pattern... maybe? grrr Havent decided yet.

Everyone stay Warm ok? stay DRY Mirabelle!

Anael! thanks for the pics we just DONT have OLD buildings here, the Monasterys in San Antonio TX are the oldest buildings I have seen. but a girl really has to go to Europe to SEE such grand buildings SIGH! maybe some day!!!

have a GOOD one ladies

oh yes! I sewed all OOPs blocks yesterday... thinking on a chain sashing to make the quilt a little bigger I will take pics!