Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-04-2014, 06:16 AM

We had a rough day yesterday preparing for the storm; it wore me out and DH drove us home...we did deliver 8 dozen eggs, so we have space in our refrigerator again. But when we got home, the furnace had stopped working. I ended up going down the list in the phone book calling one business after another to find a business willing to come the distance and repair it....repairs turned out to be mere sum, but the charge for coming here was triple what the part cost! And I had another business on stand by in case the one who came could not fix it!

I will be able to assess my goals after this week. MB to do, the last one but no creative ideas there, just a blank. Sylvia and Dear Jane needs done each month; SYEs and now TW to work on as well. I have to see what else will happen here; the GMC malfunctioned yesterday, dh will take it this morning and see about that. Good news is radar says its snowing here, but it is not snowing yet, and the storm is not coming in....yet. May it be all 'hipe' of the weather men with no action of a storm.

JanRN, it seems retirement is not in the cards for you, yet. Hang in there, the third time is charm. OK, you make me feel tired, you do so much! Sucess from Mirabelle, that last idea worked very well to get the correct pattern for the SYEs. I appreciated all the efforts of Honchey trying to get it to me and I wasted a lot of paper trying to get it to work...but good news is that Mirabelle found a solution that works very well.

Onward, brave quilters, and celebrate the day. It will be gone tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:23 AM

Ooooh Jan! I dont know if I should laugh or cry... either way... its tears! Dear, oh Dear! hang in there!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Jan--OMG! Like DearDamsel, I'm in tears. It takes all kinds, doesn't it? But ♫ ♪ "afarting you will go, afarting you will go, high ho the derry o, afarting you will go"♪ ♫
It was predicted 12-18" of that 4 letter word beginning with "s", but it has shifted south--you into QNS and GGal land. Sorry ladies, but a couple of inches here is so much better than predicted.
Oh so exciting basketball game last night! ISU Cyclones pulled the win after 3 OT's with OK State. Have all the little hexagon flowers done for GD quilt, but think I need another 2 rows of flowers. Good thing we still have Cyclone BB to watch!
I love how our focus has changed from doing one project to sharing our skills and blocks, and now onto being a booster club to help us get our projects done. Thanks for being there!

Life is a journey that passes one minute at a time.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:13 AM

Jan, I did have to laugh! Sorry Your patient did go to that strip club otherwise he/she wouldn't have known Like GG said, someone was looking at her face!!!

Still no winter here, only at sunrise it's below zero. STay warm over there!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

So good to see everyone checking back on their January progress ... and looking ahead for their February To Do's. Congratulations for all that you have got accomplished in the first month of 2014. I so like OKSGlad's tag for it ... "The Booster Club" The accountability has been good for me and helped me to keep focused on what I wanted to get done.

QNSue ...
no TW suggestions to add beyond what has already been said. As is often said on the QB you have to go with what speaks to you ... it's your quilt! And if it is not speaking to you, then maybe the quilt is not for you at that time.

JeanieG ... wow .. that's dry! Have I missed something, or have you not been away with your RV friends for awhile ... must be time!

MiraB ... looks like your goal for Feb is to keep MrMiraB AT WORK!

Anael ... Great January results especially the twins birthday celebrations!! Add in all your photographic achievements and what a month!! Now for February?????

DDamsel ... that is such a sweet quilt for your DD. Is it a surprise for her? How be you show us your WIP? Great school project for the kids. Of course, that makes work for you to prep thru to a sandwich and then say good bye to it!

JanRN ... Like the others, I'm laughing at the latest "episode". You really should write a book! Meanwhile I too am crying for you to be back working more. Hope you aren't back full time and can keep some sanity me-time in the mix! Or to get out of it, you could take on a 2nd job to be "seen" by a patient ............... so you can be politely asked to leave!! Can't help but laugh at the "facial" recognition, though am smiling at the patient owning up to his/her attendance!!! Yes, we are supposed to be joining you in this next major storm! ggrrrrrrrrr!

GGal ... Like you, it's hit and miss for the storm potentials here too ... except I can get it from 3 different patterns. Sometimes I get the best of the three ... or sometimes the worse of all three!

Will toddle off now and find my January list and check back soon to The Booster Club!

Last edited by QuiltE; 02-04-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Power Poster

Here's my January goals .... and report ...................
Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
..........So here goes my January commitment .............
(and you can commit me too!)
1. Finish three quilt tops, with backing ready for sandwiching and binding prepared for finishing. Mission Accomplished!!
a) D4P (already done) b) BCS Mystery (backing almost done, binding and flange yet to be made) c) D4P (not even sure if I have the backing yet, binding dependent on backing decision)
2. MBs for January and February to be made. (obviously, mail January's!) .Done and Received by QNSue ... with February's soon to be sent on its way.
3. Get out ♥ blocks and discover what is hiding in that box!!! Then decide what to do with them! .Got them out and discovered there were 12. Two are now made into a wall/door hanging. Others, not sure what to do.
4. Complete 13 DJ blocks during the month (2 done already ... and a few are in progress already).Done! with one extra in the count.
5. I added to the list ... and decided to start my own theme BOM ... with a 12" block that can be hung and changed monthly .......... the block is done and waiting for me to hand stitch the binding and then a small hanging sleeve.

Now what will I do in February??
1. Complete the ♥ Wall/Door hanging so it can be hanging for V-Day!
2. Mail February MB
3. Make Theme BOM for February.
4. Complete January's Theme BOM.
5. Sandwich and start quilting one of the January quilt top completions ... probably the D4P first
6. Make 13 more DJs!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:29 AM

Hey Ya'll. I got a phone call from DM & they went ahead & sent my DGM ta rehab. At rehab we found out that the hospital wasn't givin' DGM her thyroid Rx! At least at rehab she will be able ta have energy ta git better now! I finished handquiltin' my FFC wallhangin' while I was sittin' w/DGM. I also played a ton o' older games I haven't played since I found my quiltin' forums!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:31 AM

As all of you must have noticed that I did not make a list of goals but I will say that one of them would be to sit back and watch the progress that all of you have proclaimed ...
Old 02-04-2014, 10:49 AM

I think I will join Honchey in sitting back. Well maybe I will spend some time in the clubhouse, but whatever I get done will be just a little here and there. No pp'ing for a while yet...of course the projects I want to work on most are 50 Stars and DJ. One day soon...things are healing it is just slow going. Dry needling on shoulder again next week.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:23 AM

Crock pot of Chili in the RV for this snowy day; snow has started very slowly, just dusting the ground. DH proclaimed the Chili just right in spices, beans and meat. Put the liner in the Crock pot so it can sit on warm for all comers anytime. Time will time whether we get 8 or 12 inches of white stuff.

Working on Sylvia, and its bringing back memories of the FWSQ construction...I love the variety of projects that I can work with in the Quilting Room.

It's alright, Honchey and Carrie, to sit back and cheer us on to our goals!