Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 02-18-2014, 11:05 PM

Oh my, some beautiful MB still being shown. Jan, you did a wonderful job on that one for Carrie! Luck girl Carrie! And I'm a lucky girl too, as I got my MB from Gardnergal today in the mail. Thank you so much Gardnergal - it is AMAZING! I'll post a photo tomorrow!

I had a great day today! My DH and I went to play golf with our best camping buddies. It was a rather cool day (low 60's), but we had a wonderful time. I have not golfed in months, so really enjoyed myself.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:37 AM

Golf??? Are you rubbing it in, Jeanie? I'm so jealous but the sun is shining and it's going to 50* today so I'm smiling. You know we still golf in the snow here in Western PA. A week ago there was a fund raiser where some guys played Snow Golf. They use bright orange balls and and aim at targets instead of holes. Cold, but a fun activity to raise some money.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:03 AM

I played golf once but it's hard playing in a wheelchair Ever tried that??

Today I was with a group of ladies having coffee and chatting and the subject quilting came up. Two of them were very convinced machine piecing and machine FMQ isn't quilting. You HAVE to do it all by hand because that's the way it was done in the past I stared at them in total disbelieve and didn't say a word. I thought I don't have to defend myself for doing it all by machine. I only asked if they both still walked everywhere they have to go because that's what they did in the past too. They didn't answer that one.
Old 02-19-2014, 06:16 AM

Hello Ladies

Yesterday DH got back from town, from visiting the vet and told me he has to put our male dog Hercules down

and then he handed me the mail... with a wonderful MB from Janie.... I will take a picture and post later, Im just too sad I will find the happiness that Janies creation deserves. it might just take me a bit.

also I feel REALLY bad that my outgoing block hasnt been sent its going to be LATE.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:16 AM
Power Poster

Anael ... quit gloating over your non-winter!gorgeous block! The print in the light batik really gives movement when contrasted with the dark one and its shading. Gorgeous!!!!!

JeanieG ... ahem .... cool day??????????

OK Everyone ... they asked for it ............

Old 02-19-2014, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

JanRN and CarrieM ... gorgeous block! The print in the light batik really gives movement when contrasted with the dark one and its shading. Gorgeous!!!!!

JanRN ... there's usually some snow golf here too, but haven't heard of any yet this year. It'll probably come!

Anael ... good comeback to the "not quilting" comment! Or that they should draw their water from the river, just because that's the way it used to be done! Or that they do not use any hydro electricity?

DDamsel ... {{{HUGS}}} for you and Hercules
Old 02-19-2014, 11:16 AM

DD - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! Our pets are just part of our family, and it is so hard when they become sick or disabled. Because of their life span, they just are taken away from us far too soon!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:42 PM

DD, I'm sorry to hear about Hercules. (((HUGS)))
Old 02-19-2014, 02:38 PM

DD, so sorry about your dog. We're going day to day with Patches so I know what you're going through. We love them so much.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:26 PM

Won't make comments on everything from the past four days....I've been lurking. Just know that I enjoy all the news that you all share. Today it was possible for me to get out of the yard and I took full advantage of it. Visited my LQS and caught up with the real world. Warm enough that a heavy sweater was sufficient after the heavy bundling of a week ago. I do have pictures to post and will start with my beautiful block from GrannyQ.[ATTACH=CONFIG]463368[/ATTACH] Here is this weeks star[ATTACH=CONFIG]463369[/ATTACH] Now for the big surprise....do you remember that FQ QuiteE sent us last year? I was completely puzzled...didn't have an idea what to do other than it should go with my Bonus Blocks. I did get an extra yard from her because I was thinking sashing. Well, working through my UFO's the BB surfaced about the same time as I received the January MB. I had so much fun combing the two projects into a very special international friendship quilt just for me. [ATTACH=CONFIG]463370[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]463371[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc01508.jpg   dsc01524.jpg   dsc01510.jpg   dsc01511.jpg