Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Power Poster

Oh now I see all the fabrics--the black is so very striking. Good luck on your journey!
Old 04-06-2014, 05:58 PM

Yeah! W4M has joined us! I am so far behind on my PC that it's not even funny! Another thing we are doin', on this thread, is writtin' a list o' goals for each month & then postin' what we got done at the end o' the month. Would ya like ta do this w/us? What would ya like ta git done this month? Earlier I posted about gittin some PC blocks cut out & ready ta assemble at my retreat the first o' May.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:04 PM

My trip ta Brady was a very short one. Down there one day & back the next. DH didn't git off o' word till late on Fri so we didn't git ta leave till early Tues Morn. We didn't git a single thing done. We watched 3 movie's & I did put in a bit o' time on the QAYG quilt. I also worked on my GMFG for a bit.
When we went ta Walmart I noticed the clearance racks. I bought 5 short sleeve shirts, 3 mock turtle necks & a knit sundress, all for between $3.00 & $5.00ea. It's a good start for havin' clothes down there. (I also left 2 pair o' jeans.) Soon all I'll have ta pack will be my pills & what ever I want ta sew on.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:37 PM

Bev I just purchased fabric from a shop in McKinley Texas called The Quilt Asylum, I think that is such an appropriate name It is near you????
Old 04-06-2014, 11:09 PM

No. McKinney is about 6 hours east o' me. I live in West Texas. I do have several o' my retreat friends who have been there. Actually I was at a retreat about a year & a half ago that was in Van Alstyne. Van Alstyne is 30 min's north o' Mckinney & McKinney is north o' Dallas. We went ta one Quilt shop in Mckinney one day, but my cousin & I went back ta eat & the retreat, while everybody else went ta the Quilt Asylum. My retreat group has grown so big that the retreat place in Van Alstyne isn't big enough anymore.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:51 AM

the Energizer Bunny was arrested last night!... He was charged with battery.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:55 AM

W4me, can't you embroider a witch riding a broom?
Old 04-07-2014, 07:16 AM

Thanks oksewglad. Timeless Treasures has some new Halloween batiks so more black variations will be coming, if I can get some info on the fabric.
Hi dublb - You can catch up and keep me company at the same time. As to monthly goals, so far I only have one - finish a page of my 36 page, complicated dragon cross stitch. Anything else is a bonus.
Anael - of course I can embroider a witch. But that's a totally different quilt. I DO have several witch fabrics. Just none in batik, yet. I'm waiting for the manufacturers to catch up to me.
Block #3 At the Depot is cut out and on the design wall. When it will be sewn together is anyone's guess.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

Anael ... I have three ideas in mind but unfortunately they do not allow for the triangles easily. And guess what? I reeeally want to do the triangles. Thus why I want to do some serious drafting this month to see if I can make it all happen.

JanRN ... about Cleveland as I know how much you look forward to it each year. You'll have to make that up with a major FART soon! Your Spikes are going to look great no matter which size of quilt you make.

W4Me ... Such great news to see you have two blocks done .... and getting hooked with #3 on the way!!! All those fabrics look so luscious. On its own, I didn't see so many colours in the sage. Then look at it with each of the others ... they pull out the green or raspberry etc. in the sage. Batiks are wonderful ... so many different colours in one piece. Are those the Ontario Pumpkins in the top right? Great idea of Anael's ... embroider your witch! Perhaps with a subtle colour, like a TOT effect!

So does this mean that Other PC'ers are going to saddle up again, and hit the trails with W4Me?
Hope so ...... just thinking? would it be best to keep the blocks with their sister blocks, in the original threads? That way we can all re-visit the earlier ones ... I love seeing the different spins that each person puts on the same block to make theirs unique. (Talk about a different spin, W4Me!!) Yeeeeeehaaaaaawwww!!!!!!

DDamsel ... Come on back and play with us .. longer! Must be time for some puppy photo ops? BTW how's the barbed wire PC coming? "D
Old 04-07-2014, 08:43 AM

Happy to see another PC rider. I came in late for the FWS but got a lot of encouragement from those already finished.
QNS....hope they can get your eye stabilized and you feel better.
OK..I used to shred potatoes into my hamburgers even. Honchey...I like the idea of baking the meatballs. Frying always seemed to change the shape to square for me!
Quilte...love the embrodiery
Jan...so sorry you missed your FART but glad that you're feeling better.
For those that like Dowten Abby fabric, Craftsy has a workshop with the fabric. It's a mystery medallion design until May but the fabric is less than $9 a yard and could be fun. I'm passing because I have a FART planned later this month and there are still UFOs lurking. I've been asked by ladies at church to teach them how to quilt so I've spent a lot of time thinking about the very basics....some have never touched a sewing machine...and what to make. It will be a simple table runner with some string piecing. I think getting the 1/4 inch mastered will go a long way for their quilting future.
April goals....SYE and blue scrappy made into flimsies
Stay current with BOMS
Binding on at least one quilt back from LA
Get class kits made