Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 05-06-2014, 01:30 PM

Ladies, the Lord truly sent me an Angel of Mercy as a quilt buddy. BB has taught the same adult women's Sunday School class for twenty years...right down to the point and period. Loved the experience of working with her; if I gain enough sight to drive (again) to her church I will attend her Sunday School Class.

We got all the Mama and kitten color blocks cut; and she will return on the 20th to work on the TW with me. She has five projects going with a timeline and had to rush out to pick up her sewing machine to finish her projects on time. I was in awe how accurate she cut, and inspired by her willingness to 'help' me get a jump start on the projects. And she knew about shops that I did not know...had seen Jeanie Doan at a show in Bloomfield Guild...so we enjoyed a bit of chatting as she cut out the colors for the Mama and kitten. Another EB on the move...it was fun just to sit and watch her...and made me tired as well...wow...can she ever move and make her movements count.

Check up on the eye on the 12th of May. Its been fuzzy of a morning, until Meds kick in, in the later morning and afternoon. Still is bleeding in the back of the eye. But I can still 'see' distances and to take care of myself and do some cooking yet. That to me is a blessing that I thank the Lord for every morning. May you have more blessings than you can count this week....and enjoy Mother's Day with family.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:03 PM

Oh what grand news QNS! I'm so glad your BB has helped you so much. I sure wish I lived nearby to help you out - as I'm sure most of our other buddies here would agree! What a fun day you have had!
Old 05-07-2014, 05:49 AM

QNS--Sounds like God has provided a great QB at just the right time! Praying things progress slowly for you.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:09 AM

Hi everyone, just catching up. It's been a little quiet here--I'm sure everyone is busy with projects and yard work and wedding planning. Hope all of you are well.

QNS, sounds like you made a new friend. How nice that you have so much in common. Hope your eye continues to progress; I know it seems slow but these things take time.

Carrie, are you doing better? Glad to see you're back in the Clubhouse--that quilt is stunning.

I'm trying to get my butt in gear and finish SYE (Mirab I'm so jealous that you finished such a beauty). I'm at the final quilting part, then just need to bind. Quilting is my absolute least favorite part of the process. I just want to make blocks. I need to find a buddy that likes to quilt. I'll make the blocks, she'll quilt and we'll end up with finished products instead of my Box.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:22 AM

Jan, you could send them to me but I guess that's a bit expensive! If I would live near you I would do the quilting for you
Old 05-07-2014, 09:28 AM

JanRN, I have the neighbor friend across the street that charges a penny a square foot with her LA Gramill. Figues out to about 120. for regular quilt, about 130 queen sized quilt. Or Helen Wyatt will do them for forty dollars a quilt.....

Carrie, I am sorry. DH was hammering on me so hard this morning, I forgot to post the envelope that was all ready to go. Will stick it into the mail box tomorrow to you. He gets me so upset I could scream...oh Lord, have Mercy, please let me see to drive myself again.

Yes, I am enjoying the visits of my new QB friend and emails from her. There is a chance now I may finish the projects that I have started...just maybe. Not being able to see clearly is so annoying.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:47 PM

Hi Guys, you may think I'm avoiding all of you....that's not the case...bought a new modem & router.still don't have continuous internet...3 minutes then nothing for 24 hours...Having a hard time of it...I have 5 outlets for the internet in different rooms and the new stuff is the same in every outlet..I can't climb the stairs anymore 25 times in 2 days with this changing all the time..Cablevision is coming out tomorrow to check on the outside and in the crawl space...All I can do is to be patient....ughhhh!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 04:23 PM

Suddenly, this afternoon Quilt Room, as I was cutting out the black for the Cat wall hanging, I realized I was seeing 20/20 again. Hope it checks out on the 12th with the Drs appointment, it was wonderful seeing again this afternoon...Mercy, mercy, mercy...for the first time since April first, no blurry vision or spots, etc...will see how it looks in the morning. ... Amazing.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:37 PM

QNS--that is great news!! Don't worry about not getting to the PO...it will be a few weeks yet before I am ready for that block.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:07 PM

QNS - wow that is indeed AMAZING! And yes, I am yelling! Wow, so great! Our prayers are being answered!