Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 01-16-2013, 10:07 AM

Yes, I DD, I am familiar with that dog breed and love everything I hear about them, although I am used to seeing long hair on the ones around here. Very cute puppy and boy child. From your temperatures, I guessed you were in that mountain region.

Yes, Amazon delivered; now its warm feet and warm heart. We have angels on this PC trail that are very generous, fabulous, and put a a great deal of thought in what they give from the heart.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:08 AM

Thanks, DDamsel. I grew up in the foothills of the Cascade mountains and have always loved them. Hope you're staying warm!

Well I did it. I have the BB all ready to mail and I walked right by them when I went to the grocery this morning! Tomorrow I have to be out and about so will mail them then. Now I'm back to putting together PC blocks in rows...I have blocks for four rows ready to go and it's looking good on the design wall.

QNS...good news. Enjoy!

Last edited by gardnergal970; 01-16-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:35 AM

Hey Ya'll! I'm so excited about my new machine. I really hope it comes in on Fri 'cause I'm gonna go w/DH on one o' his business trip. We will leave on Sunday & head back on Tues or Wed. If it's not here by Fri. I'll have ta wait till the Thurs. o' the next week. It is an embroidery only machine. I'll have it goin' while I do other things. It'll cut inta my quiltin' time a li'le bit, but not much. (I hope.)
Old 01-16-2013, 11:51 AM

Bev, I can feel the excitement all the way North...wonderful gift. You failed to mention where your dh was headed out to on his business trip...can we think its Hawaii??? That would warm all our hearts and souls to hear that.

Another success story on the BBs, great going GG!! I think, Carrie, I just might be last...depends upon another thing or two...but should have them by the 14th of February in your hands.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:34 PM

Bev, I thought I could do that too, have my embroidery machine going while I do other things. It didn't work out, it always makes a mess when I'm not there watching. So now I'm just sitting there and watch what the EM is doing Besides, very often you have to make many thread changes.
Old 01-16-2013, 01:44 PM

CarrieM, my blocks are on the way, you should get them by friday. I haven't been on for quite awhile, DH has been sick with the crud and I ended up with a head cold, didn't feel like doing anything. Hope everyone had a happy new year and it will continue to be. I haven't read all of the posts, so don't really know what all has been going on. Hope everyone likes the blocks that I made. I still have several blocks to post and I have already started putting on my sashings. I'm doing medium blue and a beige fabric with attic windows on the blocks. Will show a picture when I get them taken. grannyQ
Old 01-16-2013, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Yes, I DD, I am familiar with that dog breed and love everything I hear about them, although I am used to seeing long hair on the ones around here. Very cute puppy and boy child. From your temperatures, I guessed you were in that mountain region.

Yes, Amazon delivered; now its warm feet and warm heart. We have angels on this PC trail that are very generous, fabulous, and put a a great deal of thought in what they give from the heart.
QNinaSue I figured that you would be the one to know the dog breed and YES there are two types of fur, smooth and wirey, Sugar has smooth fur, but our daddy dog Hercules has wirey... we should have named him Einstien... he has the same hairdo LOL
also there are spots that fade away with maturity and pure white. this litter we have 8 WHITE puppies, there is NO telling then apart!

goodness me!!!

GLAD your footwarmer FINALLY came, WOOHOO!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:24 PM

Welcome back, GrannyQ, we have missed you!! Hope you get to feeling better soon and your family, too. No doubt about it; I will be no.#13 with my blocks being sent...its 2013 and its the Irish lucky year. I am seriously thinking of buying lotto tickets this year!!

DD, I considered buying a dog like you have, if I bought any milk goats, but did not yet do that 'cause they might eat the orchard trees. We have also looked a baby doll lambs and miniature cows. Would love to get an Airedale, we have had a couple when the children were small. With the ducks, hens, and guineas, it either would have to be an old dog too tired to run them or a young pup that I could train.

No quilting today; dh birthday comes on the 29th of this month, so am doing cross stitch embroidery on quilt blocks for him...its deer, moose, fish and bear patterns. Have enough for his under the pillow pockets and a bed sized quilt for his bed...if I get them done...

Keep on posting those beautiful pictures of your quilts...love them all!!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

Hello All .... I'm back up and running ... and dreadfully confused! You know how it goes with updated programs!!

Managed to get $75 back from STaples on the printer purchase ... they have them on sale starting today. So when I arrived at the Techie with all in hand he gave me the good news. So back home for my receipts and back again to Staples as we wanted to have all that done, just in case I had to return the printer. No, didn't. So then back home again. Then back for the system once he had it all ready for me. I love living out in the country ... days like this, there are reasons to be in town!

So after the last trip, got busy to get it set up and operating before the techie left for the day ... just in case! Now to learn all about these updates, and how to run this new printer! I'll be sending SOS's to all of you, I'm sure!

DDamsel ... love your new puppies!!! You and the kids will soon have them all named ... and will not want to let them leave! We have a GreatP in our village that I admire everytime I see it out and about!

QNSue ... what are pillow pockets? What a grand birthday gift you have in the works for your husband.

DublB ... what a wonderful gift from your DH .... I guess that made him a DDDDH!

Rest ... sorry, I didn`t make notes as I went thru the thread, and now I forget what all I read. Just know I am thinking about you ... even though chat with you this time round!

Til next time!!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:50 PM

I didn't sleep very well last night...er....th'smornin'. I had asthma & all the tea that I drank ta git it under control kept me up. (I would rather drink tea if it will git it under control.) I finally went ta sleep in my recliner about 3:00. LOL I read Anael's first post for the day just before I went ta bed. Now I don't remember what I read. I guess I was finally gittin' sleepy. Different time zones are so neat. LOL