Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 06-22-2014, 10:13 PM

Congratulations oksewglad, so glad you had a beautiful wedding! Now you can relax and get back to a regular routine!
Old 06-23-2014, 05:38 AM

Hi everyone. No PC blocks being made for a few weeks as I am madly etching glass items to prep for two 2 day craft fairs a week apart.

But, I wanted to pop on and share some news. My Canada D'Eh quilt from the Patriotic Challenge here on the board
was dropped off at a LQS for her Canada Day display. I'll have to drop by the store and take photos of it on display.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...e-t186260.html
Here it is complete:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...186260-58.html Post #575

If I finish quilting Something Patriotic, I may be able to display it next year as the store sells the fabric.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Power Poster

OKSGlad ... Happy Post Wedding!! They do say, rain on a wedding day is good luck. I am sure you were the best hostess ever .... and everyone will be wanting to come back again, and again! ENJOY the remaining family while you have them.

Honchey ... I am still not sure "which" confetti pattern that you are all talking about. When I googled, I found several variations. Maybe you can give me a definite link to the pattern? Your RWB theme works in most quilts, so I am sure you can make it work well in this one too.

W4Me ... I always like seeing your Canada D'Eh! I'm sure it will be well looked at and appreciated in the shop this week. Definitely ... get there and get some pics of it on display! Yes, time to finish Something Patriotic ....but first a lot of glass to prep and sell!!

JeanieG ... you had me laughing!!! .... does OKSGlad, ever relax?? Just thinking ... you and MrJeanieG should take your motorhome northwards, and check in on W4Me at her shows! And of course, enjoy the western part of our country!
Old 06-23-2014, 09:51 AM

W4Me, great Canada D'Eh I didn't read the whole thread so didn't figure out the name of your quilt.
Good luck with your glass etching. Tried that too a long time ago.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:29 AM

QuiltE - I like my Canada D'Eh quilt too. The store version of the pattern was in the window but is being displayed at the Chamber of Commerce instead so dare I hope that Canada D'Eh makes it into the front window display?

I've started the quilting on Something Patriotic but it is too tough shoving it through the 5" throat of the Janome Gem. So, I hope to have it be my first quilt on my new Janome 8900, which I have owned for almost 4 weeks now and haven't even had time to thread!

Thanks Anael - since the quilt was patriotic and Canadians are famous for saying "eh" Canada Day became Canada D'Eh and a quilt name was born.
I've been selling the etching at craft fairs for a few years. This is my last year for it. My designs have become more and more intricate and take way too much of my time since I do them all by hand. I hope to get rid of a lot of stock at the 4 shows I am doing this year. Otherwise, the thrift stores will have a lot of glass items donated. It will sure be nice to have all that storage back. Glass takes up a lot of room.

Meanwhile, all other crafts stop for the next few weeks.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:41 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhh, thanks for the explanation! The ways we come up with names for our quilts
Old 06-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

W4Me ... That is SO exciting. You'll have to make sure you get back to the store to see the final display and get some pics! You're going to love your 8900 when you get to use it! It'll make FMQing more pleasurable and not a challenge at stuffing. That was one of the reasons I upgraded from the 6600 (a bigger throat than your Gem.

GGal ... Do I remember right, that you got the 8900 this year??
Old 06-23-2014, 11:29 AM

QuiltE, the confetti quilt pattern comes from www.rainbowfabrics.com gallery section that Anne is speaking of...and is designed by them. Anne was telling me how easy it was to do when I was complaining about the number of pieces it has in a double bed quilt....and I was thinking King before I started on the journey...it might end up being a throw!
Old 06-23-2014, 01:49 PM

I like that pattern QNS. Are you doing it in the colors shown on the web site? Very bright and cheery. Although I kind of agree with you--I'd end up doing a throw.

I've been looking around, cleaning closets and found I don't need anymore full sized quilts. I have them on both beds, back of love seat, displayed on ladders, folded, rolled, etc. I don't have any wall space left to hang any more. I guess I'll make table runners until I run out of space for them. I've given away a lot of full size quilts to family and friends. What do yinz ladies do with all of your full size quilts?
Old 06-23-2014, 02:25 PM

I make them for friends and family members and others are always asking me, 'Do you sell quilts?' Our darling children seem to favor the King size beds...and that is a lot of work plus expense. Many do not realize the cost of making a quilt,...I usually find fabrics are three hundred dollars alone for a king size...including the backing and batting. Machine quilting runs it up another hundred and thirty to two hundred dollars. And IF I 'gift' it, then its on my time line of its completion...and I may ask their favorite colors or I may not. Weddings, birth of a child and other special occasions are often the reason for a quilt. Or the various seasons, so you can change guest rooms or your room to match the season or holidays. Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall; the calendar year of 12 months; Christmas, the New Year, Easter. Throws, table runners, full sized quilts, or traditional patterns stirs up my interest to do the work. It is a hobby, pure enjoyment for me. I like to 'design' the quilt for the person receiving the gift

I think those who support their favorite charities with quilts do fabulous jobs and the quilts are well received ..places are posted on QB site, as an example. After hour quilters in CC, Tx., made two pattern-pieced stuffed bears, etc., For the police and fire fighters to give to kids taken away in domestic violence situation or a home burning down .

Last edited by QuiltingNinaSue; 06-23-2014 at 02:28 PM.