Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club week 23  Home Treasure & Ice Cream Bowl Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club week 23 Home Treasure & Ice Cream Bowl Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club week 23 Home Treasure & Ice Cream Bowl Discussion Page

Old 06-15-2012, 05:54 PM

Mirabelle - I'm so sorry that this happened ta you. Are ya Ok? I know your concern is about your machines but are you Ok?
I love my GFG. It is my waitin' quilt. I take it w/me any where I will be waitin'. Dr.s office visits, when my DMIL is at the beauty shop, when anybody I know has an emergency room trip & I'm sittin w/'em, travelin' in the car.....It's always there waitin' for me ta take. It'll take me years ta finish it, but I don't mind. I hope ya like yours as much as I do mine.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

MiraB ... oh dear, for your Humpty Dumpty adventure. Looks like you will have two machines going to the shop. Consider the old machine as a way to allow you to appreciate your newer ones even more (once they are back working again). I too hope that YOU are OK ... though with a machine falling on top of your, I fear!

OKSGlad ... your not so mini table topper is going to be beautiful. With all the goodies piled on top of it and in the coffin, no one will know what a beauty they are acquiring. If this is an auction you really do need to find a way to show it off a little more to raise the $$$ !!! Have fun with your kids of all ages !!!!!!! And what a special Father's Day this will be for your DH!

JanRN ... how was that FART? BTW didn't you know that all of QNSue's recipes are calorie free?

QNSue ... that recipe will be tried, tested and proven in the not so distant future! As you say, we can adapt it ... I don't think I eer follow a recipe to the n'th degree. Recipes are merely guides, aren't they? And you have me laughing at the instalment plan!!! A new one to me .... and I'd never heard of "muffin top" for the female figure til a few years ago!

Old 06-16-2012, 12:34 AM

Thank you everyone for your concerns, I am fine just a very sore knee. The machine didn't hit me thank goodness, just met the floor rather violently.
My embroidery machine will still embroidery so I started a new quilt today, embriodered rose blocks with fussy cut fans in the corners, looking good so far.
Nearly dinner time and my DS is cooking tonight, part of his cooking lessons in preparation of his living on his own, now if I can only get him to do the dishes
Old 06-16-2012, 03:58 AM

MMM....there are dish washers, Mirabelle. DS first wife called me up to ask "What kind of a dishwasher do you have that you don't have to rinse the dishes first?" Apparently, he always skipped that step.lol!!

Glad to hear you are OK; machines are replaceable...
Old 06-16-2012, 04:13 AM

Thanks NinaSue, the machines are still under warranty so that's good AND he did the dishes. Sad to say I have never owned a dishwasher, but I don't mind. When our children were younger and DH and I were both working long hours it was always our time when cleaning up the kitchen to chat about our day. It is something we still do today when he is home. We have renovated 2 homes and always made room for a dishwasher just never got around to putting one in ourselves, guess we always enjoyed our chat time.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:36 AM

Thanks alot, QE for mentioning me and "muffin top" in the same post!!!!! The abbreviated FART was successful-I found the fabric I was looking for so I can start cutting sashing strips. I'm expecting my sashing to cover a multitude of "sins"-I've found a few blocks that are almost 1/4" too small. I'm hoping I can cheat a little by using a slightly adjusted sashing on those blocks. I'll try to get some sashing cut and post a pic with a few blocks; it's still in the bag in the sewing room. We had to cut the trip short because of an issue with my friend's mom at her nursing home and my mother is also having new problems so I haven't even unpacked my goodies from the FART.
QE did you finish your collage project? If you did and posted a pic I missed it.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Thanks alot, QE for mentioning me and "muffin top" in the same post!!!!! The abbreviated FART was successful-I found the fabric I was looking for so I can start cutting sashing strips. I'm expecting my sashing to cover a multitude of "sins"-I've found a few blocks that are almost 1/4" too small. I'm hoping I can cheat a little by using a slightly adjusted sashing on those blocks. I'll try to get some sashing cut and post a pic with a few blocks; it's still in the bag in the sewing room. We had to cut the trip short because of an issue with my friend's mom at her nursing home and my mother is also having new problems so I haven't even unpacked my goodies from the FART.
QE did you finish your collage project? If you did and posted a pic I missed it.
It's easy to "frame" the block with another fabric before you add the sashing and you don't have to worry about matching the sashing. I'm looking forward to seeing your color choice. I hope your DM's new problems can be resolved quickly so you can enjoy your FART finds.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:34 AM

Thanks, Ggal, for the suggestion about additional framing. I made a substitute block and miscalculated--it finished at 8" so I'm going to try a frame before I relegate it to The Box That Will Never be Opened.
Old 06-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

JanRN ... geeeeeeeeesh!!!!!!! And to think I "never" mentioned it in reference to you!!!! Despite the abbreviated FART, it looks like it was a successful one. Oh pleeeeeease do show us the fabric ... no need to wait for it to be stitched in place! I do NOT like waiting!!!!!!!!!!! (can you tell I am a tad impatient??)

Another tactic I used for too small of blocks in the FWS .... when I had enough for a very narrow seam (1/8"), I sewed it in place, and used a very short stitch to help keep it from fraying (I hope!). I figure with all the quilting, it'll stay put! Of course, wouldn't work if the unfinished block is 8" instead of 8-1/4". Framing it up would work good, and will never be noticed ... will only look like the block was made that way.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:42 PM

I do have a few blocks that are not quite 8.5". My plan is ta frame 'em also. Some of 'em I'll frame in a different color & some I will try ta frame in the same color as the background & hope that it isn't noticeable.