Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page

Old 11-17-2012, 03:37 PM

My latest finished quilt with gs (four years old) modelling how much he likes it:[ATTACH=CONFIG]377113[/ATTACH]Simple red cars backed by blue trucks. We are royally entertained by him this weekend.

Last four turkeys are in the freezer tonight. DD and SIL will take three of them home tomorrow, along with some other 'stuff' .
Attached Thumbnails dscn1198-001.jpg  
Old 11-17-2012, 03:54 PM

Now, that's way too cute!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
My latest finished quilt with gs (four years old) modelling how much he likes it:Simple red cars backed by blue trucks. We are royally entertained by him this weekend.

Last four turkeys are in the freezer tonight. DD and SIL will take three of them home tomorrow, along with some other 'stuff' .
He's just too darned cute, QNSue .... bet you will have tears in your eyes as he leaves tomorrow.
How did your SIL make out "dressing" those birds?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:13 PM

SIL helped dh outside with the 'head off' and picking off the feathers while I cleaned the inside out, setting the clean birds into clean water, although I was very tired on the fourth bird. Then SIL used the propane torch to burn the pin feathers off the birds and clean them up more. And the birds all fit into the freezer.

We celebrated with Pork roast, mashed potatoes, baked beans, and tossed salad for lunch. Baked brownies for afternoon snack. Tomorrow it will be Grandma's tenderloin and T-bone steak. In the morning, duck omelets with kale in the omelet. Duck is selling here for $2.45 a pound for Thanksgiving. So more ducks on the list for next year (maybe a White Campbell Walking Duck). Would love to try a Tur-Chi-Duc package, its a turkey, stuffed with a duck and a chicken and dressing.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM

gs loves to pose for his picture and is quick to snuggle into his new quilt:[ATTACH=CONFIG]377131[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscn1200-001.jpg  
Old 11-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

Lots of chatter again. I like the WIP idea QE. I have soooo many to finish.
Another beauty from Down Under, mirabelle!
Nice blocks for you little Christmas runner, too, Carrie.
Now QNS, that's not just an ordinary red car. That's Lightning McQueen. 2 yo Sam loves LMcQ. He brought his car down last week ( I think he sleeps with it) and lost it here--have searched high and low. Thank goodness he has his small tractors for backup!
A very full day here. We scored our cows again today. Two new Excellents and 3 Ex 90 cows now scored 91, 91, and 92. The pair of 91's are maternal sisters out of a 90 pt dam. Doubly nice. Then after dinner had a wedding to go to--neighbor's daughter so a short trip to town.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:54 PM

Mirabelle - I love that wonderful quilt. Just breathtakin'. 10 years! Wow!
QNS - I love that your DGSon posed again just for us. All o' those turkeys in the freezer, nice!
OK - Glad your cows scored so well.
Here's what I did taday. (I just got an e-mail sayin' that she likes it. Now I'll make the rest. )
Attached Thumbnails qayg-sbs-2-blocks-joined-.jpg  
Old 11-17-2012, 06:22 PM

Love Sunbonnet Sue, Dublb, and love the colors of it too. Oh, for a gd..... but its not to be here.
Yes, Mirabelle, I loved your Baltimore quilt...excellent job.

Honchey, good luck on your tree trimming to clean up the mess there.

OKsewGlad, the report should bring smiles to the family of a well earned score with the cows. Ok, the cars are special, the only car print our Wal Mart had...for the cost of a couple of yard of the red and couple of yards of blue, made a happy four year old. LA operator did not charge me for the quilting. I tried the 1 5/8 strip, and 1 3/8 strip sewed together for the binding and it was quick.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

QNSue ... how special you are to "whip" up the quilt for your DGS! I'm sure he'll treasure it for a long time to come. sometimes the simplest things are all it takes.

DublB ... great fabric mix and glad that your friend likes what you are doing.

OKSGlad
... that's EXCELLENT news! And great too, that two are the same cow family. Was their Dam, Excellent too? I'm sure everyone is quite happy with this classification round!!!! Time to party and celebrate.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:14 PM

I did not make any choices in this quilt. (But isn't it lovely???) The Sue's were made & quilted by the lady's DM who died 10 years ago. I'm not gonna make any more blocks, just join 'em tagether. I'm even usein' the fabric that the lady's DM had for it. She had 32 blocks made & quilted. Lookin' at her notes she had planned ta make it 9 blocks x 7 blocks. I'm just gonna complete it w/what is there & make it 5x6. I'm thinkin' about makin' borders for it, (If the lady likes the idea.)