Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page >

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page

The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page

Old 11-13-2012, 02:39 PM

Default The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 45 Western Star & School House Discussion Page

Hi, Here we are at week 45.. me posting the last 2 blocks for this Quilt-Along...It's been a great ride...some bumps along the road for me...I've made new friends and I want to thank all of you for joining in...I will be posting an update page next week and that will be the only thread we'll be using to discuss anything related to this journey ( added blocks and to further discuss the Bonus Blocks we'll be doing and showing starting the first of the new year... I will also be posting a new thread for photos of completed quilts after next week.... My gosh, I can't believe I've been doing this since August of 2010...
Any suggestions for what are we all going to be doing after we're done with the bonus blocks???
Old 11-13-2012, 03:45 PM

Working on design of Bonus Blocks, but probably will wait until after Christmas gift quilts are done, before doing those. Same the complete PC top 'cause I am putting my extended blocks right in with the others, depending upon color for placement later.

FWQ is not going to be ready by Christmas; the LA quilter had the machine down for repairs for a time and is behind on her Christmas must have done quilts, so I opted to wait until end of January to pick it up. Have enough to keep me busy right now...

The future is not mine to see, but I have enjoyed the ride with everyone; I have learned so much in quilting, piecing and feel like I have met some wonderful people, world wide. I have ask Aneal to keep us updated on the triplets and show pictures in March or April when they are born.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:15 PM

Anne, thank you. That seems so inadequate--you've done so much for our group. Keeping all these riders on the trail each week, answering questions, and dealing with all the other things life has thrown at you--again, thank you!
I'm glad we're going to have a follow-up thread so we can stay in touch with each other. I feel like you are all good friends that I want to share with. I thank you all for helping me get through this difficult year. You've taught me so much and not just about quilting. Thank you, friends.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 PM

Anne--I too want to thank you for keeping this going.

I wasn't involved with the FW threads but you have all welcomed me and made me feel like one of the group. It has been lots of fun getting to know you all just a little bit each week.

I will be sure to watch for the follow-up thread and post updates for the bonus blocks. I printed my papers today and am working on cutting pieces out tonight....hint on my blocks: I am using some yellow and even chose a block with "y-seams". For those who may have missed it, we are up to a count of 13.

As far as what I have going on "next", I am just working on finishing UFOs and a few other small projects that keep coming up. I have the "Rosie" blocks to finish (9 wks left). I mostly just check these threads, so if someone starts a new project, please be sure to post in the "follow-up" thread or let me know so I don't miss out...even if I can't start the project with everyone else I will want to see what you are all up to.

carrie
Old 11-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

Hello All!!!!
I'm baaaaaaaaack!!

I will add my sincere appreciation to you Honchey, for all you did to make the PC such a succes. And for the FWS too. What a commitment you made by taking over the leadership and coordination of the weekly threads. And an incredible job you did too!

Dear Friends, I have come to enjoy and appreciate each and everyone one of you. It's been such a thrill to get to know each of you, learn about your lives, and countries. I'm looking forward to our block exchange, as a way to keep you in my life for much longer. I hope that we can all stay in touch for years to come, whether here on QB or via emails. The world truly is small with the wonders or cyberspace!

I only wish life would have been kinder to me, to allow me to keep with the posse as you all progressed along the way. I started late for FWS, so missed most of the FWS camaraderie and that is what drew me to the PC. So then, ended up being in on the camaraderie, and not so much the sewing. Just not the same as doing both! So I'll hope for a match for whatever the group plans next, and that life lets me participate in both ways this next time round.

No sewing for me since the first of August so I really am way behind. I am seriously thinking of the Miniature Pony version that I mentioned a few weeks back. I'll see what happens on that front! Regardless, you can count on my exchange blocks to be done on time!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:57 PM

I'm so sad that this fun ride is comin' ta an end. We've had so much fun, tears, & laughter. I wasn't able ta keep up w/ the blocks, but havin' ya'll ta yack w/& watchin' all o' ya'll's blocks come tagether, has been a real trip. This became my favorite place ta come to for the comradery & beautiful blocks.
PS I do still intend ta finish my PC quilt.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:08 AM

I really don't want this to come to an end although it does feel good to have this much of the project done. These threads are the first thing I check in the morning and the last at night. I've laughed and cried and learned so much from each and every one of you. Thanks for being part of my life and giving me of yours. I made some suggestions on the photo thread for what could be next.

I'm finishing up a couple of BOM's. One I have done except the borders and the other is ready for QAYG. I still seem to be avoiding the actual quilting as I have about 3 lap quilts that I have in various stages of quilting but keep being put aside. I've finished one valance for my friend and the other is ready to sandwich and quilt but she said there is no hurry as the window frames aren't done yet so again another quilting project gets put aside!

Last edited by gardnergal970; 11-14-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

I was thinking last night ... how far my quilting has come since being part of these two groups! I could never have won those ribbons on the FWS without the support here, and the skills learned in doing the work. Just think, I HATED PPing and now, I do not fear. Ironically ... I have come to love PPing so much and the excellence it gives, that I somewhat hesitate to do traditional piecing now! Strange, eh? I didn't know anything about FCing, and made it one of my PC goals, to get more comfortable with FC, and so I have. As a result, almost every block has some FC work. I pushed myself to do it and am glad that I did.

More thoughts from last night were the squishies that came from all round the world! The friendships made, the bonds created. We've shared our lives, the good times and bad. Laughed and giggled and had more fun than one could ever imagine. All virtually!

Onward ho! ... to whatever is next?
I'll be honest here ... I think, one of the reasons I have not progressed so much with my PC blocks is that I jumped into the PC while finishing FWS ... without a break. Add to that, the repetition of a sampler style. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm wondering if there would be a pattern we could choose that would be away from a sampler style and yet be something we could break down into the weekly chunks. Maybe a long shot request? Or maybe someone has an idea?

Another thought that had been discussed a wee bit sometime ago, was to do a colour study project together. I believe OKSGlad had some ideas in that regard. For me, I somewhat stumble along when it comes to colours, shades, tints, etc. and really should learn the technical background to feel more confident when choosing fabrics.

Just some thoughts ... and yes, I'm hoping to stick with this crowd!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:32 AM

Great idea QuiltE! I'm practicing FMQ right now on baby quilts No, my DDIL doesn't like too many quilts but maybe she will change her mind once the triplets have arrived.

Colour study project sounds good to me. I just grab what I like and what I think goes well together. Some background knowledge would be nice.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:42 AM

Some o' us mentioned, on the photo thread, some ideas too. I will stay w/ya'll what ever ya decide. This is my favorite group here.