Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along Discussion Page fot blocks 67 & 68  Week # 34 >

The FWS Quilt-Along Discussion Page fot blocks 67 & 68 Week # 34

The FWS Quilt-Along Discussion Page fot blocks 67 & 68 Week # 34

Old 03-26-2011, 01:28 PM

[quote=Honchey I think I'm going to open a thread about Placements and Sashings which will include photos, hints and discussion about them. What do you think??[/quote]

That would be wonderful - - - byw, Honchey, is there anything you can't do or explain...and do a good job of it? Thanks. Belles
Old 03-26-2011, 01:49 PM

Great idea Anne and thank you. These explanations so far have been a big help. I still can't wrap my brain around the diagonal setting but I've been watching tutes and reading all day so I didn't have to keep bothering you all.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:38 PM

[quote=Belles]
Originally Posted by Honchey I think I'm going to open a thread about Placements and Sashings which will include photos, hints and discussion about them. What do you think??[/quote

That would be wonderful - - - byw, Honchey, is there anything you can't do or explain...and do a good job of it? Thanks. Belles
I agree, Anne, you're doing a great job of keeping this project together. And the new thread sounds like a good thing. I may need help with choosing a color for sashing because I have such a limited color pallete, which sounded good at the time! :D
Old 03-26-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Great idea Anne and thank you. These explanations so far have been a big help. I still can't wrap my brain around the diagonal setting but I've been watching tutes and reading all day so I didn't have to keep bothering you all.
Jan - You are certainly not "bothering" any of us, as far as I'm concerned. I'm with you on being a novice at this type of setting. I turned to the tutes and videos also before I started putting the quilt together, and they were very helpful. We are so lucky to have all this instructional material available to us! We will just keep asking and will get all the answers we need!

You may be able to visualize the diagonal setting better if you set it up on your display board in a diagonal. It took a while for me to grasp the concept too. Set the first row of blocks with a corner side down rather than square side down. Set that row across with corner to corner. Check out the photos in the book, that will probably help. (Hope I did not confuse you further.)
Old 03-27-2011, 05:36 AM

I would like to see how others are planning to put their blocks together. I have the book, however would like some other prospectives on the arrangement.