Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: The FWS Quilt-Along Week 43 Blocks 85 & 86 Rotary Cutting Instructions

FWS Block # 85 Square Dance

1. Light T # 19 Cut a strip 1-1/2" x 6-1/2" then cut every 1-1/2" to get four squares.

2. Dark T # 82 Cut one 4-1/2" square.

3. Med T # 89 Cut a strip 1-1/2" x 12" Use the template to mark then cut the angles.

4.Med T # 89R Repeat step 3.

5.Dark T # 20 Cut two 2-3/8" (ru) squares then cut in half diagonally.

FWS Block # 86 Squash Blossom

note: starch, starch starch!! there are many bias edges in this block.

1. Light T # 13 Cut two 1-7/8" squares then cut in half diagonally.

2. Light T # 90 Cut a strip 1-1/2" x 8" then use the template to cut the correct angle.

3. Light T # 90R Repeat step 2.

4. Light T # 89 Cut a strip 1-1/2" x 6" then use the template to cut the correct angle.

5. Light T # 89R. Repeat step 4.

6 Dark T # 20 Cut a Square 2-3/8" (ru) then cut in half diagonally.

7. Med T # 20 Repeat step 6.

8. Dark T # 91 Cut a strip 1-1/2" x 8" then use the template to cut the correct angle.

9. Dark T # 91R repeat step 8.

10. Dark T # 49 cut two 1-1/2" x 5-1/2" rectangles then use the templates to cut correct angles.

This started before I join the board. Would love to have participate in this one. Enjoy and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sewfine
    This started before I join the board. Would love to have participate in this one. Enjoy and have fun.
    Why not start now?? .... I did, just a couple of weeks ago!

I started when this started and I'm only on block 22. No big deal to be behind. Come on, join.

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
    I started when this started and I'm only on block 22. No big deal to be behind. Come on, join.
    We'll continue on together then! ... not sure where I'm at, maybe about a dozen? I started #81+82 week, and am trying to keep up with each week, and do a few in between. Those, I just kind of hop around on depending on which one I feel like making ... or have the fabric I want to use in the block.

I'm so anal I have to do them in order. I drive myself crazy sometimes. I'm also reading each entry before I do the block so that's made it fun as well. By the time I make all the blocks I will have ready the book twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Quote Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
    We'll continue on together then! ... not sure where I'm at, maybe about a dozen? I started #81+82 week, and am trying to keep up with each week, and do a few in between. Those, I just kind of hop around on depending on which one I feel like making ... or have the fabric I want to use in the block.