Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt_Along  Week 16  Discussion Page for Blocks  31 & 32 >

The FWS Quilt_Along Week 16 Discussion Page for Blocks 31 & 32

The FWS Quilt_Along Week 16 Discussion Page for Blocks 31 & 32

Old 11-16-2010, 07:26 PM

We are in the 4th month our our journey. We have come so far. Now, let's hear some chatter about all that we've accomplished :-P Anne
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 PM

Thank you for posting these threads, Anne. I really appreciate it. Enjoy NC.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:41 AM

Honestly didn't think I'd make it this far along-thought oh I'll do a dozen (and then turn them into potholders). I'm loving this and thank all of you for your encouragement.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:06 PM

I love this project! Everyone is doing a great job, they are all so unique and beautiful. Everyone is so nice on this board, glad I found you!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 03:14 PM

The real test of endurance is coming with the holidays taking their toll on quilting schedules and best laid plans of quilting in the sewing room. I am happy to be reitred and still find it hard to complete the blocks. Finally finished one block of 64 pieces. WOW!!

When I worked full time, ran the household (doing meals, washing up,laundry, etc.,), and had children at home, no way would I have had the time to do these blocks.

It is a very interesting and learning time doing all the different 6 1/2 blocks. No, mine are not perfect; but I have enjoyed doing the blocks. I have forgotten...how many squares does it take to make a king sized quilt?? Love seeing everyone's blocks every week. Thanks to everyone for hosting this event.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:51 AM

Yes, I agree. Thanks to all the stalwarts who keep plugging along and inspiring others. I think keeping on task is just a matter of prioritizing. I'm insanely busy at all times, but I'm willing to get up early (sometimes 3-4:00) or stay up late (also sometimes 3-4:00) in order to quilt because I love it. Even if you only have 30 minutes a day, you can still keep a project moving forward.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dagny
Yes, I agree. Thanks to all the stalwarts who keep plugging along and inspiring others. I think keeping on task is just a matter of prioritizing. I'm insanely busy at all times, but I'm willing to get up early (sometimes 3-4:00) or stay up late (also sometimes 3-4:00) in order to quilt because I love it. Even if you only have 30 minutes a day, you can still keep a project moving forward.
Wow! Good for you Dagny! I had a friend years ago who used to get up around 4am to paint before her family woke up! I believe its easier to stay up than catch up? I have a tenancy when I get behind to stay behind, which is why I have other projects unfinished...I'm trying very hard to stay up on this, cause I know my tenancy and it's so fun to work together on this!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
Originally Posted by Dagny
Wow! Good for you Dagny! I had a friend years ago who used to get up around 4am to paint before her family woke up! I believe its easier to stay up than catch up? I have a tenancy when I get behind to stay behind, which is why I have other projects unfinished...I'm trying very hard to stay up on this, cause I know my tenancy and it's so fun to work together on this!
By the same token, if it becomes just another drudgery that we feel compelled to do, we should probably stop. I do it only because it's my idea of fun.