Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: GeekMom's 2013 Steampunk BoM

GeekMom's 2013 Steampunk BoM

I just stumbled across this BoM online and I think that I'm going to have to dive in! I don't know applique, but it's a skill I've always wanted to learn. I also generally love the Steampunk aesthetic, so I'm just really, really excited!

Link to the intro post can be found HERE!
    http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2013/01...ary-steampunk/

Unfamiliar with Steampunk? I think that THIS ARTICLE does a pretty good job explaining it. Also THIS ONE. Think Victorian Sci-fi and go from there.

Is anyone else interested in taking this journey with me? It'll be my first BoM and my first attempt at applique, but I think I'm ready. And... well, I'm just really excited!

Name:  quiltJanwhole-660x820.png
Views: 1774
Size:  1.07 MB

I love the key, so now you have me hooked. Working on 2 baby quilts now but going to try and keep up on this one. I love applique you will too once you get the hang of it. Very easy.

Blog Entries
    Is there anyway to sign up to receive the other blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryquilter View Post
    Is there anyway to sign up to receive the other blocks?
    I have no idea. I'm guessing not, only because it's a brand new BoM? But there's no harm in asking the lady running it.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Just in time for grand daughter to tell me all about steam punk .. LOL this sounds great . I could make it in red for her .. any more blocks ? or do we have to have a digital subscription? . .just questions going through my mind .. LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I think if you like her page on facebook (on the right side of the page) she will keep us updated on new blocks, This one will be fun.

Cool I love steampunk might have to join in! Thanks for sharing.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!